Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Career paths

Career paths

I am curious as what each of us does for a living. Do you work in a field where CDing might be looked down apon? Me, I am a full-time Firefighter/Paramedic. This past week I have gone into a fully engulfed house fire; saved the family dog but the house was a total loss. I have also had a successful CPR save. The people I work with I have to trust with my life and they trust me with theirs. However, I am still a closet CDer nobody else knows except for you. Anyone else have a similar stituation?

CDKathy
    Hi Amy,

I've always had a tremendous respect for people in your profession, even before 9/11. Happy to have you here!

As for me, I'm a software engineer/database administrator. Currently unemployed (since 11/13/2001, but that's another story. ).

My last job had a totally casual dress code...jeans, t-shirts, etc. If I chose my clothes carefully so it wasn't obvious, I could wear all girls clothes to work and nobody even hinted that they suspected. Not even the GGs that I worked very closely with.

Wink career

Hi all......im self employed....i make furniture and restore antiques.....so I can do what I please when I please!! Hi Kathy...how are you today?

Life Traveller

Nature of Work

Hi AmyH:
    I work as a city utility employee...Somebody drive over a hydrant? - I and others come out 24/7, shut off the line, make repairs and activate the line...sewer manhole (person hole?) overflow?...we come out, clear the blockage and clean up the street...discolored water coming out of your faucet?...we test your water and resolve the problem...waste water welling up in your garage or basement?...yep - us again...CD'ing would not be appreciated, but except for painted toenails, I manage to survive until I get home where CD is not only appreciated, but supported...I hope that helps...R

lizzy b
    I'm a technical writer which enables me to work from just about anywhere. I started a new job this week, but I need only go to the office two or three times per week, as long as I get the work done on time...as a new employee I dare not "risk" anything yet...at home it's a different story. Lizzy

I am a robotics enginneer, and at the moment I am reworking the drivers for my first civilian-release robot. I can't wait! Sadly it isn't going to be for a few more years...

Aspiring Member
    Hi girls,

I'm (well, he is) an engineering technician - programming & fault finding on industrial computers, industrial electrical/electronics and a few other associated bits and pieces. Love it!!!!!

Fetish Web Sites

I photograph models, build and maintain fetish web sites full time. I acutally do a couple for cross dressers but have never appeared myself dressed. Seems kind of ironic doesn't it? In fact they don't even know that I lean the same way they do ...

Departed

Construction

I work commercial construction, anything from a retail store to skyscrapers. I've been in muddy ditches and on top of 50+ story buildings in the middle of the Chicago winter with nothing but your clothing to protect you from the elements. It's the perfect environment for any man who likes soft and frilly feminine things!

So as you can imagine wearing girlie things isn't going to make you a popular guy at work. However Julie sometimes insists on coming to work and who am I to say no?

There's one guy I've worked with who is openly gay and he just shoves it in everyone's face. He said he got tired of all the behind the back stuff (he's very effeminate) so he decided to beat them to the punch. If you bend over he may call across the room, "Hold that pose! I'll be right over!" and he'll stop what he's doing and run over to you and, if he knows you, he'll jump you (if you know what I mean). I partnered with him on a job and I wanted to tell him about me but I knew he'd broadcast it to everyone because he believes that's better than hiding it. He's really got balls. I obviously don't. :mad:

Ted
    I am a professional soldier. I have served in the US Military for more than 13 years.
    I started out in the USAF for 4.5 years then transferred to the Army where I have been ever since. Currently I work in Air Defense Systems as a Command and Control Operator. I am an assistant platoon sergeant with 6 soldiers reporting directly to me.

Question

I was a group manager in a large privately owned manufacturing company. Crossdressing was not the order or dress code of the day. My VP would not have understood the feminine side of me. I'm not sure he knew what a feminine side was now that I think back.

I am a contractor with 30+ employees and also have recently started a financial planning firm. Since I am primarily office bound in dress slacks and shirt, there is little opportunity for dressing except for panties and stockings.
    I don't think my financial planning clients would feel comfortable turning their finances over to me if they knew.

Debra

Hi Amy,

I can honestly say "Been there, Done that", I spent 16 years in the fire service. There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you know your actions have saved a life. Currently my wife and I operate a small business from our home, we manufacture and install custom draperies and window coverings and I also do a bit of carpentry when the job suits me. Both businesses seem to compliment each other. In case you are all wondering....yes she has made me a few outfits!!!

Jenny B

GinaB.
    I am alsoa firefighter/paramedic I keep my personal life personal and don't worry about others. You know with our schedules we have the time to be who we want alot more than others. Just enjoy the freedom.

Gina

I Surrender

Now I know the intention of this thread was not to see had the most macho job. Indeed there are many highly educated and dedicated people here. However I have to take my hat off to Julie. I'd sooner walk into a biker bar in a pink southern belle dress complete with a large floppy hat and a bouquet of flowers than stand 50 stories up on an I-beam little more than a foot wide. I'm not so sure I'd be alone in the bar.

Jenny B

I too am in the construction trades. I say trades, because I do it all from electrical to drywall to carpentry etc etc etc... You name it.. My occupation would be considered custom home remodeling and renovations. Tear it out to bare-bones and put new stuff back in its place or in new places most of the time.
    I am employed by a guy who is on tv each and everyday of the week, that I am sure the majority of the members here in the states has seen quite afew times.
    The best job in the world. No pressure. All the decision making being on me for design and money never being an object..
    A funny story from yesterday to keep on the dressing topic.

I work with 1 other guy who is twice my age. Well a friend of his came by to return a tool he had borrowed. This person came with his girlfriend (forget her name but she was cute). Anyways I was squatted down placing some shims in a door I was hanging and guess what? My pink cotton Victoria Secret thong panties had to have been in plain view, as my jeans had slipped abit I'd say... After I stood up, I looked around and saw my co-worker and his friend had been on the other side of the room talking. But she had been adimiring the archway in a wall addition I had built which was right behind me basically.. When they all started to leave, heading out to lunch together, she was the last one out behind them and turned to me, gave me a cute as hell smile and said "It was nice to meet you Vicky"...lolol I almost died.. I just smiled and said "Now I'll have a great day, you do the same."

That was so funny.....
    Vanessa.
    [SIZE=3]"It's All an Illusion...."[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

Something different

Hi Girls,

I had a phone call this morning out of the blue asking me if I wanted to do something different from my normal job for the day. I said yes to the job, i't s a very long time since I've done this.

The job was to take a semi-trailer up to the midlands (Coventry) and back again. It must be over 10 years since I drove a truck , but, hey, it was quite fun. I soon got back into the swing of it, and when I was coming out of Bristol there was a girl in the passenger seat of a car gave me a lovely smile - I wonder what she'd have thought if she knew I was wearing pink panites

Jennifer K
    Rachel: I still drive for a living. It must be interesting driving a large truck in England. I'm a independant owner/operater and have been all over North America. I have, in the past, taken clothes with me, and at night changed into a blouse and skirt. Believe me, I am very careful to obey the law and not get pulled over for something stupid. How embarrassing would that be! I did work as a evironmental techie for awhile, due to cutbacks, came back to driving. I wear panties fulltime and occasionally leave my toenail polish on when I go to work. I once kept my bra on when I crossed the border into the U.S. and I suppose it showed on the heat sensing unit the customs officer was looking at, because he kept looking the screen then back me with a funny look on his face. We wouldn't do that again! Homeland security has curtailled my enjoyment on the road.
    Hope all of you have great day
    Jenny K.

I'm currently a Automotive tech. But, I have been talking to my wife about going back to school for Cosmetology. She thinks it would be a good change for me. Since, I cut her hair and do her nails for her, I also do my nails and have done my daughters for her. I'm hopping if I can make the change I will be able to open a Salon/Tanning shop in a few years. My wife has gone out and bought me male Thong under wear. I love them. I have not used any kind of under wear in years, but I love these. I usually have my toenails paint in one shade of Pink or another.

PS. any Cosmetologist out there? Just curious how they like it. I'm not sure how to tell my friends without getting any weird looks or funning thoughts from them. I'm heterosexual, but I don't know if other people will still think so, "oh well" I guess
    Last edited by pattysue; 06-11-2004 at 11:48 PM.

I lecture and provide various consultancy online - nobody cares how I am dressed when doing that as its all done from home. Also I do manage small food bussiness. When doing that dressing is irrelevant - both boys and girls working there wear same unisex uniforms. I am amused with idea to have job where I'd be able to CD, tried to apply to one. No success as yet. N.F. is not the place for CD's people look so straight here.

Aspiring Member
    Me myself both of us here are like into becoming parnromal x files stuff trying to slove a lot of stuff that is still considered way out but need not be it is very fascinating and intersting. lot's to be done right here and whenever i can get out in the field and wrok on a lot of it as well. More later!. Jay Suzy Ann The Eleventh Doctor!.

I am Woman on the Podium chantelle's Avatar
    WAITRESS AND LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF IT[EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO WEAR A UNIFORM I STILL FEEL FEMALE].THERE IS A CERTAIN FEELING PEOPLE HAVE TOWARDS WAITERS THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS GENDERLY CHALANGED,CHANTELLE

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Julie M.]I work commercial construction, anything from a retail store to skyscrapers. I've been in muddy ditches and on top of 50+ story buildings in the middle of the Chicago winter with nothing but your clothing to protect you from the elements. It's the perfect environment for any man who likes soft and frilly feminine things!

First off to AmyH, thanks for the thread; I've wondered this myself about folks here. Though I don't believe one has to be 'out' as I feel this is a very personal and private decision.

And Julie M. found your post hilarious and facinating! I say you go grrl. And I don't believe you don't "have balls" just because your gay coworker is so bold and brash. I feel you are very brave and courageous, both for what you do for a living but also for your contributions here--and just being who you are.

As for me, I'm a psychotherapist/clinical social worker. Work with the elderly in mental health right now. Although as I contemplate and plan for going into private practice this forum and my own attraction to C/D's is making me think of developing a specialty in working with sexuality issues and gender.

Thank you all for you inspiration
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

Smile hi

I am looking for some help in this matter, I am looking for some sort of underwear garment I.E. panties or something similar to help me with keeping my genitals flat as i like to wear tight clothing it shows thruogh the clothing that i wear.
    Many thanks Jenny xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Please can u send private message or email me johnbishop68@yahoo.com

I'm in the Air Force, so yeah, it would be really bad for me to come out about this whole thing. I really don't want to end my career just yet, so I keep it all under wraps...for now.

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!