Thread: For those who go shopping with partners/wives...

Banned Read only

For those who go shopping with partners/wives...

Do you and your wife/parner keep it discreet, or are you open in public about it.

Feeling so good en femme! Miss Lulu's Avatar
    We usually are discreet when a female item is for me. But it happens often that my wife speaks too loud or openly about it in the store. Today, to both of us, it is natural to shop for "Lulu".
    Miss Lulu

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Me and my wife usually just wing it. The norm in the past has been for me to give her cash before entering the store, and when purchasing act as if the items are for her since we are similar in sizes. This does not work all the time however whenever we purchase shoes, I'm almost sure the clerk knows that the size 12's that she is purchasing are not for her. Also as of late I've just been paying for items myself, being that I've gotten more comfortable and don't really care what the clerk thinks. Jocelyn

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lulu View Post
    We usually are discreet when a female item is for me. But it happens often that my wife speaks too loud or openly about it in the store. Today, to both of us, it is natural to shop for "Lulu".

[SIZE="3"]My GF is the same way, once was in JC Penny's and she found this cute blouse held it up and loudly said, "This blouse would look good with your denium skirt". She was standing next to the cashiers, both looked at me as well as the 3 customers.
    Another time was in Macy's in drab and found a beautiful Leopard print coat, tried it on right there in a crowded store on a Saturday afternoon, just had to see how I looked in the mirror, loved it and brought it on the spot. As for me I have joked with the SA often as I'm paying for things if I'm shopping in drab.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    My wife will do either depeding on her mood or what town we are shopping in. Alot of the time she is discreet about it, saying things like "Wouldnt Charlene look great in this?'" or at the register " I just had to get this for my daughter". Other time though she has just blurted out that she would love to see me in this or that outfit, and when I needed a gown for an event she was an openly proud wife of a crossdresser when we went to our appointment to try them on.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

depends :)

We are mostly discreet. In fact my wife is very protective of Tina's privacy! On the other hand, we've been shopping for shoes and have separated so an SO came over to help me, asking me if the shoes were for me (I was trying them on, after all!)

But when it comes to clothes, it is private. Luckily our sizes are not that different so it's easy (except for shoes!).

tina
    Last edited by suchacutie; 06-10-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling...grrr

[SIZE="3"]That's funny, last night my wife and I had this conversation. I told her the next time we go to Denver I wanted to hit some thrift stores to get some things for Dixie, she said "You go look for your stuff and I will shop for the kids. When you find something you like go try it on, then come find me and I will let you know,.....AND THAT'S HOW IT'S GOING TO BE!" I can only guess that means she has every intention of making me shop as Dixie[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

My wife and I go into stores and start looking..A lot of times she will hold up a dress or skirt to me and say out loud, that this should fit nicely or it would go well with one of my outfits.

Just one of the girls Rachel_CDS's Avatar
    When I go shopping with my wife we also try to be discreet. However, we have different tastes in clothes & will wander past things that I want a closer look at. I then have to guide her back to the clothes I am interested in. She does get annoyed sometimes when I hold a skirt against myself to get some idea if it would suit me. I think I also take longer looking at a pretty skirt or top than she does. Maybe I am more girly than her. I do like more feminine clothes than her though!

Yes, we always go shopping together. Is she discreet? I think sensitive better describes our situation. She knows that I can be embarrassed easily when when other women and SAs are hovering too close. As I have posted before, we live in very rural area where living outside the norm has its consequences.

I have had experiences similar to Rachel_CDS. Sometimes I want a closer look while she gravitates to another rack or shelf. Its always fun though.

Babette

Banned Read only
    we both look for things for ourself and each other. but she wont stand on a display yelling hey honey look at the pretty panties i found for you. usualy we will take the item to the other one and show it off. then after measuring to make sure it fits it goes in the cart or back on the shelf.

Just one of the girls Rachel_CDS's Avatar
    Yes, Babette, I agree that it is always fun!
    I just don't get enough opportunity to go clothes shopping.

Pretty open, really. I have a credit card for Fashion Bug in my own name. If she is with me when I buy earrings, I'm sure they must notice that my ears are pierced and my wife's ears are not (although I'm trying to get that changed). We think nothing of holding clothing items up to one another and I have been known to try on an item or two in the store... that pretty much kills discreet.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

i don't think discrete fits us any more we just go about our shopping and get it done

susie

shopping

we always refer to Fran. She will say this would look great on Fran, wouldn't it? I always say yes. I still have room in my closet. Girls couldn't haven't have too many shoes or clothes can they?
    Fran

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Do you and your wife/parner keep it discreet, or are you open in public about it.
    I'm usually dressed when when we are out shopping

My wife and I shop the racks together frequently (me in drab, sadly). Shoes, clothing, make-up, etc. We discuss what would look nice and we enjoy ourselves. I have yet to have anyone express a lack of comfort, or make us uncomfortable. We shop the big box stores as well as the department stores. Can't beat a sale at Gordman's or Koll's.

Used to be.

She used to be discrete about everything.
    But for the last couple months she just puts things in the basket and then "draggs" me to the dressing room to try things on.
    She still will not let me take any pictures while we are in the store, and she picks out outfits that make me look more like a grandmother then a grandad. But I'm not complaining, too loudly anyway.
    Krysten
    Last edited by Krystenw; 09-07-2007 at 12:19 PM.

When Melanie is out shoping with my wife, we act like two sisters who love to shop. In guy drab if we are shopping she has been known to put a dress up to me and say "you would look great in this dress". Of course some of the women shoppers who hear this drop their teeth and who knows what else.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com