Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confrontation With Neighbor

Confrontation With Neighbor

My neighbor came up to me after I got home from work today. Said he had seen me out dressed in women's cloths. Said he was going to tell all of the other neighbors. I told him to go ahead and tell everybody because once they all know then I can start having some parties here with 40 or 50 of my CD and TG friends and nobody would be upset when they came walking down the street. He said was serious and said so was I and that I had I would if I hear any more of this from him. And I could get a party together in a few hours. So if he had company over a party could happen here.

He back off his thread and say to keep away from his family. I said OK and went just a little red in the ears.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

keep away from his family? can't believe someone is that psycho.

You rock, girl. Way to go. Too bad your neighbor seems to be a first class jerk.

Some people. I wonder if they are just insucure. Had my neighbor notice the shaved legs. Told him "hey feels better in jeans". Been great every since.

Hang in there.

Big Hug!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Just curious, How old was this guy?
    And try to give me a little time to get to your party
    I think it's about an 9 hr. drive from here.

This reminds me of something that happened to me last Summer...

To set the stage:
    Though I don't go out in my own town enfemme (yet!) I DO also wear a kilt quite a bit. My parents live in the same town I'm in and we know quite a few of the same people, including some of my (redneck) neighbors.

So I get a call from my mom one day. She sounds a bit upset and wants to come over to talk to me. I say sure, so 15 minutes later she is at the house.

To make a long story short, my neighbor had seen me out in the yard doing yardwork in my kilt. She called up my mom and told her "I just saw your son in his yard wearing a skirt!" Geez, I'm over 40 years old and she calls to 'tell my mom on me'???

What an a**!

So since then, I've made it a point to wear the kilt more when outside, and make sure to smile and wave when they drive past. Neither she nor her husband have never said a word to my face.

The nicest thing about it all? When I was talking to my mom, she said something to the effect of 'Well, it wouldn't matter to me even if you DID wear a skirt, but...' (she was more worried about what OTHER people would think if the neighbors continued to gossip about me).

I wish now I had said to her 'In fact, it was just a kilt but it could well have been one of my skirts or dresses'.

On the upside, I've been much more relaxed about going outside in a skirt since then... Even if my they DID see me from a distance in a skirt, they'd probably just think 'there he is in another kilt'.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is in somebodies personality that made them want to 'tell on me' to my mother...

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Some people. I wonder if they are just insucure. Had my neighbor notice the shaved legs. Told him "hey feels better in jeans".
    I'm a bicyclist. While on a ride with some friends the other day, we were talking about leg shaving since about half of us had shaved legs and the other half didn't.

When asked why *I* shaved my legs, I replied 'Cause it makes the pantyhose feel better'. I got a good laugh, and the conversation continued on.
    Last edited by Shelly_P; 06-11-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Hey Glenda,Good for you.You stood up to that character.I've had a few harrassment situations when I was much younger.Nothing came of it. I was very cowed by it.A couple of times a freind bailed me out.I've made a decision in the past 15 years that if I'm ever confronted by anything like again I'll try to muster my confidence and handle it real straight forward. Well,I hope that guy won't continue to make a nuicanse out of himself. But it sounds like you let him know where to park it.

I hope you were wearing extra long eye lashes and you batted your eyes at him or blew him a kiss or something. You are so attractive. It's hard for me to see how you could get some negative remarks like that. What a jerk!

I had curious neighborg too. Lived in a townhouse in Conn. and of course there is now way of coming or going without someone seeing you. I was sharing my townhouse with a pre op TS at the time and i'm sure there must have been some conversation about all the "ladies" living in the neighborhood.

Rita

People

Why can't people live and let live. You look absoultly great and seem like a very nice person. Good quick answer you came up with.
    Fran

Lipstick Lez at heart! celtic.blue.eyes's Avatar
    I think you handled the narrow minded jerk quit well! Never let yourself get bullied.

I have a narrow minded idiot also, who screeched that that he would punch my lights out if I didn't do some work in my yard, right this second, and under his direction. I told him "Go ahead, it will be the worst decision of your life. Now you have 2 choices: leave immediately, or I call the police." He kept on screeching, and I ended up calling the police. Now he really keeps his distance. Even though the bozo is 6" taller and 20 years younger, he knows his place.
    God's finest work of art is that of a beautiful woman.

Well, I have met Glenda and know something for a fact that most of you only guess at - she is a good, kind, and decent person. No one in the world deserves this kind of stuff less than she does.

Glenda, I'm so sorry there are still cavemen out there - they haven't quite gone extinct yet. I hope you are OK? I can only imagine the anxiety this must have caused.

Kim

Glenda, Hug to you girl. You really handled that well. I'm sorry you have to live near a guy like that, but then many of us do. Let us know when you want to have that party. I'll bet we can come up with some real interesting theme.

I’m marooned in the desert sea at the moment, though I hope to be moving on by summer’s end.

N.J.’s worst case scenario survival guide

Props Glenda. You stood up for yourself and that’s very important. Something no one has mentioned is if this guy continues to make trouble you do have options. It’s basically your word against his. Play it off as though he’s an absolute nutter. If he threatens you again call the police and tell them that this mad bugger next door has got it into his head that you are a cross dresser and has been harassing you. You might even be able to get a retraining order against him which will pop up on his police record during credit checks and such. If another neighbour mentions something act as though you are at your wits end and say you don’t know what to do because neighbour guy is loosing it big time and there is no way you are a cross dresser. Say you don’t know what the world’s coming to these days and wonder aloud if the neighbourhood is safe with him lurking around. Also mention that he’s been peeping over the fence, talking to himself, and eating handfuls of grass in his back yard. Don’t forget to say you’ve gotten a restraining order against him or plan to. By the time he decides to really make you look bad he’ll look completely mental for going around insisting that you’re a cross dresser because it will confirm one of the things you’ve said and your neighbours will just assume everything else is true. I know this is a bit evil, alright, completely evil but I didn't run a revenge for hire business at uni for nothing. Stay strong.

N.J.
    GG

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Glenda,

I've never been to your area, but would like to -- my wife and I love to travel. So, if you give me enough lead time (I'd like to book a discount flight if at all possible), my wife and I will come!!! I live in a narrow-minded town, so I can understand what you are going through! Unity, gf, unity!!!

Don't forget to invite him to the party.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

You handled that very well. Stick it to the man!

Dumb and belligerent, what a bad combination! Bet he got himself ready for your conversation by taking a few "pops" beforehand. I love it when they get liquored up over the weekend, and then start trouble.

And if he's The Neighborhood Drunk, nobody will believe anything he has to say!

Phew, guess we solved that problem!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Glenda,

hun
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Glad you didn't punch him out - that wouldn't have been ladylike.

You handled it well. Nothing worse than crappy neighbours.

I love the idea of a party. Man, if he thought he had troubles before....
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

We need directions and times. lol
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Love Dawn

I went to find the "softer side of Sears" and I can't find my way back

I live just a few miles north Of Kansas City, Mo United States
    Glenda,
    I had to deal with crapy people too in my home town. i was caught by my neighbor freind whreing my moms prom dress of all things. But I dealt with the teaseing from it but he knew better than to tell all beacuse i had the goods on him.
    I beleve even in a dress or not you will run into rude, crude, and mean people in this world.

Tiffianycd

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    My neighbor came up to me after I got home from work today. Said he had seen me out dressed in women's cloths. Said he was going to tell all of the other neighbors. I told him to go ahead and tell everybody because once they all know then I can start having some parties here with 40 or 50 of my CD and TG friends and nobody would be upset when they came walking down the street. He said was serious and said so was I and that I had I would if I hear any more of this from him. And I could get a party together in a few hours. So if he had company over a party could happen here.

He back off his thread and say to keep away from his family. I said OK and went just a little red in the ears.
    I grew up in Downriver, not exactly the bastion of diversity.
    That said, I think he's an asshole but that you should be careful.
    However, I think it sux that ppl are mean, stupid and evil sometimes.
    Kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Glenda I'm proud of you,you handled that jerk quite well.I'm sorry you had the encounter but it could work out well for you.Stay strong

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Aspiring Member
    Good for you standing your ground. Who does he think he is? I'm pretty sure he doesn't think of you when he gets dressed in morning.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Fortunately most of society is more enlightened than your neighbour - unfortunately he lives near you

Mitch