Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shaved legs?

shaved legs?

I'm just curious, how many of you shave your legs? My husband has really hairy legs and he doesn't shave them, I guess that would be the first thing to raise eyebrows.

I think he would be surprised by how few people even seem to notice. A wife or partner might notice, because they might actually touch the legs, but very few people look at others so closely.

I shaved mine last summer and thought everyone would notice, but not even my wife did.

It's one of those things that is much less of a big deal than we think.

I wear shorts at work and only one female said I wonder what the rest looks like! I started shaving whole body about a year ago. It feels so good.

My legs are hairless year round. If anyone notices, they don't say anything, and I wear shorts all summer long.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

I had been thinking of shaving for a lont time. After reading another thread on shaving a few weeks ago I just went ahead and did it. That was 2 weeks ago and my wife still hasn't noticed. When people said that nobody noticed I figured for sure my wife would right away but girl was I wrong.

Tabitha

years ago i was at a public pool and i had very hairy legs and i heard the comment by a couple of girls look at those legs why doesn't he shave them .. well i was a guy but ... when i did shave them no body notice apart from shaving them every 3 days

Loads of men have to and do shave them. Especially athletes. You do NOT want to get a massage with hairy legs, try and un knot the leg hairs if you will! Cyclists for instance always have shaven legs because they will normally have a daily massage when in competition. Swimmers mostly shave to cut down water resistance. etc etc. Remember girls that the newer generation is full of metrosexuals, and shaved legs is not an issue. I havent shaved my genitals yet but thats just because I've been dragging my feet on the issue. I've had two GG's that I was intimate with insist they wanted that. Looks better and feels better they say. I agree!
    Pet peeve: not be able to put on my girl clothes!

I do!

Every day, in the shower. My wife hated them at first, now she buys me razors.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I do! I do!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by DianaGomez View Post
    Loads of men have to and do shave them. Especially athletes. You do NOT want to get a massage with hairy legs, try and un knot the leg hairs if you will! Cyclists for instance always have shaven legs because they will normally have a daily massage when in competition. Swimmers mostly shave to cut down water resistance. etc etc.
    The fun part with swimmers is that they won't shave (even the girls) in the weeks leading up to a big meet, and then do a total body shavedown the night before the meet. Supposedly it helps to have drag while training and then you are faster during the race. I do it, because the rest of the team does, but I've never really bought that it made any difference.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

I'm a bicyclist and if you show up for a group ride with hairy legs, you will stand out. Gives me a perfect excuse to shave. I wear shorts all the time in the summer and nobody has ever said anything to me at all about it.

This is FUNNY

For those of you who want to shave your genitals, just do it!!!

My husband has always 'trimmed' and I never thought anything of it....I thought all guys do it. I trim myself....I think Maxim Magazine says it's a must. I may have even read it in Cosmo!

I would never think twice about the genitals but I would raise an eyebrow to the legs....go figure!

Smile joann426

i am a cd and my wife knows it too but i wood like to shave all of my whole body and my legs i have been taken some of my hair off little at a time maybe she wont knoe when it all comes off

Quote Originally Posted by joann426 View Post
    i am a cd and my wife knows it too but i wood like to shave all of my whole body and my legs i have been taken some of my hair off little at a time maybe she wont knoe when it all comes off
    Joann, I tried that just the top 3-4 inches of the legs and bottoms she never said a thing. They started looking a little strange after shaving the tops, you could definately see a line, unlike the natural randomness of the start at the top. Now they are completely shaved. It feels really really really weird for 3 days, kind of like they are wet, then starts to feel normal. I like the feel and think I will just keep doing it.

Tabitha.

My girlfriend insists that I keep my body and legs shaved, but not my arms. Apparently, while in bed, everything is okay, but the arms are too prickly, no matter what I do, so I just don't shave them.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    I've shaved my legs for years and never had a comment. I personally know the members of several football coaching staffs (h.s. and college), and down here in the deep south most (75%) of the coaches shave their legs (to stay cool and b/c hair exacerbates odor) especially starting with two-a-days in the summer. Many of the players did, too. Weight lifters do -- and tennis players, to add to the above athletic lists.

My father (who, to the best of my knowledge was not a CDer) shaved his armpits at the start of each summer -- we lived in a very hot and humid climate and he said it was more sanitary, helped with smell, etc.

The other day I was at a pool party and one of my best friends was wearing shorts, something he rarely does. His legs were as smooth as mine, so I asked him if he shaved. He said no, that the lack of hair came from years and years of wearing nothing but long pants day in and day out. This reminded me that my dad and another man I knew both had little to no hair on their legs for the same reason.

Nobody seems to notice or care. The only people I have heard of who care have been some SO's who were having problems with their husband's CDing -- and when shaving came up, it just acted like salt in a wound.

I do! No one notices because I wear pants all the time. But I do keep wondering if someone in the house will notice as I make the mad dash from the bathroom to my bedroom.

What products do you all use? I just use disposable razors and guy shaving cream. Then baby oil gel afterwards

I shave (or trim closely) everything between my waist and knees year round, but usually only completely shave my legs in the winter. Luckily my hair is is light and fine, so I'm not very hairy.

I shave my whole body and nobody has said a thing. I once had a full beard and shave it off one weekend. It took my girlfriend 2 weeks before she asks me what was different with me and no one at work said a think.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

i'm not too sure

I play soccer in two different teams and i feel a little weird shaving my legs alltough my girlfriend tells me to shave, she thinks that i would look very hot wearing a short skirt , she seems to think that i have very sexy legs, what do you all think?
    She's back

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyLove View Post
    What products do you all use? I just use disposable razors and guy shaving cream. Then baby oil gel afterwards
    Ashley,

This is just a suggestion for an experiment -- and if you do experiment with it, I would be interested if you find any differences. I use women's shave cream (my favorite is Skintimate Citrus) and a woman's razor (arms and pits: Venus Divine; legs: Venus Breeze ). On my recent trip to Las Vegas I ran out of shave cream, and the hotel mini-store only had men's shave cream in stock. Well, I bought it but was immediately struck by what I thought was how it wasn't as smooth a shave. Later during my stay, I was at the hotel's spa and used a man's disposable razor and male shave cream that they had out to shave my armpits. Once again, it just didn't feel as smooth and silky.

Hairless Legs Here Too

I too keep my legs, as well as most of my body hairless year-round. Feels Great!

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Hi Girls, I started shaving my legs about 4 years ago. The only person that has ever asked is a neice that thinks it cool. I hate to have stubble, so I shave about every three days. I also keep my arm hair cut short but not shaved, arm pits are shaved and everything is smooth from the waist down. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Yes I do shave my legs, but I stop in the summer and let it grow out.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corrine View Post
    For those of you who want to shave your genitals, just do it!!!
    My wife laughed, asked why I wanted to do that, and then asked me not to do it again.

My wife noticed when I removed about a 2" strip of arm-hair near the wrist (testpatch for hair remover chemicals). My arm-hair isn't very thick, so it wasn't like it was a gapping big furless patch, just the thin wrist-hair ending marginally sooner. She didn't like this.

My wife notices when I shave the six or so hairs I have on my upper chest. Okay, so I exaggerate a little: I just counted, and really it's 12 hairs (seriously.) But she doesn't like it when I do that. (Now this she hasn't gotten her way on, particularily if I'm planning to wear something lower-cut.)

This is the same woman who didn't notice for a couple of years that I was wearing womens panties most of the time. (True, I did start out by showing her the mens panties, but the womens panties I wore were mostly brand name, available in any department store...)