Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: shaved legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch23 View Post
    sorry that made no sense - should have been quoted...

My wife took 10 seconds to notice!

Mitch
    You know if my wife did notice she didn't say anything and I am _sure_ if she noticed she would say something. Either way I don't plan on stopping I like it.

Tabitha

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnsworth View Post
    But, for the people that actually *do* notice, I bet it's only 1 in a 1000 that would actually say something about it. Don't delude yourselves. It IS noticed. But thankfully, in today's society it's a little more socially acceptable. It's not quite up to the level of male earrings, but it's close.
    Excellent point. Often we CDs tend to stop reading people when we don't want ourselves read.

I've worn clear nail polish out a few time and noticed a lingering glance or a double-take here and there. These people had clearly noticed but were tactful, or uninterested if nothing else.

Leg hair has been a lot different. I've gone to the gym, work, in front of my family with smooth legs clearly visible and never noticed any reaction. It's just not as taboo as it used to be.

I do. No one ever said anything to me. Debating on doing my arms now. once again, nobody would ask.

Legs and arms here. What self respecting girl wouldn't shave.

Shaved legs

I've been shaving from nose down ever since an old college girlfriend introduced me to the art of shaving. I am quite active with triathlon and marathon, never a comment or second look, if they did then they were very subtle. I am naturally hairless in a lot of places, it actually would be un-natural if I leave the minute amount of hair on my legs un-shaved. Un-shaved under arm causes chafing for me after a long run.

I shave my legs just about everyday and my armbits,arms and just about every in between.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Banned Read only
    I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too just to be sure: butt hair. I got it. I don't want it. I can't afford to wax it (which would probably be beyond my threshold of pain anyway), and I'm basically limited to razors. any ideas on how to shave it?

and sadly, no, I don't have a special someone that would be willing to do it for me.

my legs are hairless year round even golfing in shorts in male mode no one has ever complained or ever said a word not even my father-in-law who golfs with me

Quote Originally Posted by prettywithsideburns View Post
    I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too just to be sure: butt hair. I got it. I don't want it. I can't afford to wax it (which would probably be beyond my threshold of pain anyway), and I'm basically limited to razors. any ideas on how to shave it?

and sadly, no, I don't have a special someone that would be willing to do it for me.
    I suggest leaving that area alone.

A year or two back, I read a HILARIOUS post (funny for us, because we weren't him) about this exact subject. It's been a very long time since I've seen the post, and yet I still remember it - that was the impact it had...

The end result (no pun intended) was that it was a baaaaaad idea.

I'll try and dig up that post. It was funny as hell.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by gmss View Post
    I suggest leaving that area alone.

A year or two back, I read a HILARIOUS post (funny for us, because we weren't him) about this exact subject. It's been a very long time since I've seen the post, and yet I still remember it - that was the impact it had...

The end result (no pun intended) was that it was a baaaaaad idea.

I'll try and dig up that post. It was funny as hell.
    did it have anything to do with butt stubble? cause my worst fear in that area is that my butt stubble would sand the backs of my undergarments right off.

I've kept my legs shaved year round for at least 10 years now. I used to let the hair grow out in the summer, but then said 'what the heck' and kept them shaved. No one has ever said anything and I have been around plenty of friends wearing shorts in the summer.
    Phoebe

I shave my body at least once or twice a year. I'm pretty hairy, I guess, but since I am blond the effect is not immediately obvious to folks around me. Also, since I am a cyclist and swimmer, shaving is not considered a big deal. My hair grows back very quickly, about a month - indeed, I sometimes have to shave my beard twice a day if I need to go to a party or date after work.

I shaved my legs for a year before my wife noticed. Then she started complaing that other people will notice. No one ever mentioned it.

@pwsb: could be, that sounds familiar. It was a good 5 minute read, but worth every minute. In the same way you can find a story on theonion.com that makes you split a gut laughing, this was a great story. Now that I've set everyone up, I probably won't be able to find it.... I'm looking for it though...

Hey here's a question for everyone that shaves their legs: in the way that facial hair grows back just a little bit thicker every time, and you eventually notice it; is it the same for leg hair? i.e. if you shave all winter and then let it grow out in the summer, does it seem or feel any thicker or different from before??

Thanks.

I also think that most people actually do notice, but just don't say anything. It's easy to shape opinions without saying a word.

And that's good. It's just idea that people really do observe and catalog what they see on a regular basis without saying anything.

Banned Read only
    @pwsb: could be, that sounds familiar. It was a good 5 minute read, but worth every minute. In the same way you can find a story on theonion.com that makes you split a gut laughing, this was a great story. Now that I've set everyone up, I probably won't be able to find it.... I'm looking for it though...

Hey here's a question for everyone that shaves their legs: in the way that facial hair grows back just a little bit thicker every time, and you eventually notice it; is it the same for leg hair? i.e. if you shave all winter and then let it grow out in the summer, does it seem or feel any thicker or different from before??

Thanks.
    allow me to blind you with science:

FACT- hair does not grow back thicker after shaving. it only seems that way.

all hair grows to a certain length and then falls out, with the follicle starting a new hair in it's place. this is not noticeable because the follicles are randomized and do not drop their hairs in synch (although it's not uncommon for them to drop their hairs in sink). when new hair grows in it's tip is tapered, starting out fine and growing gradually thicker until it reaches it's maximum girth, and then grows the rest of the way like that. when cut the hair loses that finer tip (unless you're cutting it all wrong!) and so presents as a blunt tipped hair. in much the same way as a grouping of cylinders would appear denser than the same number of cones, hair that has been shaved seems denser as it grows back. but given enough time for each follicle cycle through to the next hair it would clearly be the exact same density as the original growth.

fun fact: when a person goes bald they actually have the same amount of hair as they ever did, it's just that they are now growing finer hairs like you might find on the back of your hand in in place of the old longer and thicker hairs of youth.

Made me laugh!

Laurie,

Long time comming, but my wife and I both really like the shaved leg thing. She often notices the men who are shaved at the gym.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Last edited by SandyR; 06-12-2007 at 10:06 PM.
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Ok - here it is.

It could be urban legend, but it sounds believable...

If you decide to do it after you read this, please do let us know how you made out...

WARNING: story is rather, uhm, yucky...
    Sad story...
    Last edited by gmss; 06-12-2007 at 10:27 PM.

allow me to blind you with science:

FACT- hair does not grow back thicker after shaving. it only seems that way.
    Interesting. I won't disbelieve you because I simply don't know that's not the case.

All I can offer on my side of the equation, is that in my 25+ years of shaving, I've never ever heard that before.

That said, the only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know everything, so now you have me curious to get more corroboration and more information on that statement.

Anyway, good luck with the back door shaving. Do be careful!

I shave my entire body. I just fell in love with the Venus Breeze. It produces a gel when it gets wet. It works great for legs and underarms.

Banned Read only
    Interesting. I won't disbelieve you because I simply don't know that's not the case.

All I can offer on my side of the equation, is that in my 25+ years of shaving, I've never ever heard that before.

That said, the only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know everything, so now you have me curious to get more corroboration and more information on that statement.

Anyway, good luck with the back door shaving. Do be careful!
    will the mayo clinic suffice for corroboration?

also, snopes

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    I'm 38. I've been shaving my face since I was 18, and STILL can't grow a beard to save my life, so I'll throw in my hand with science and back that with my own anecdotal evidence. The only time I ended up with a "hairsuit" (hirsute) nightmare, was after breaking my arm as a teenager and remaining in a cast for 16 weeks. When the cast came off, my arm looked like it was cloned from a friggin' Sasquatch. Yeesh... I shaved it and the hair came back to its normal pre-broken status. Hairy, but not Sasquatch-ville. LOL

This thread has got me interested in shaving my legs and forearms. I've shaved my pits for years... No one has ever said a word about it.

will the mayo clinic suffice for corroboration?

also, snopes
    Yes. Yes it will. I look forward to reading that info.

Given that, I guess it means that simply makes no difference to the appearance of the hair when it grows back, after having shaved for a continuous lengthy period of time.

That's gooooood.

New Member / longtime CD JamieTV's Avatar
    Girl you have him shave them, you and he will love them and noone will notice
    Jamie[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Life is too short not to have the right heels

I do and I've never had anyone give me an odd look. It's relatively common these days for a guy to wax assorted parts. lol

Kim