Thread: Hiding an ear piercing...

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar

Hiding an ear piercing...

Yes, it was impulsive, and yes, I should have waited until my hair was long enough to cover my ears, and yes, I probably should have waited until I could find a clear acrylic retainer, but I didn't. After browsing clip-on and magnetic earrings, I got frustrated and drove to Walmart, and got my right ear pierced. I got my left ear pierced back in February.

I live in a fairly conservative area of the US, and I work with conservative people, and now I'm kind of stuck with a silver stud in my right ear for the next six weeks, and consequently, instead of the many cool earrings I have for my left ear, I am stuck with a plain ol' boring stud in that one, so that then left and right ears will match. If I can hide the right ear, then that would solve some potential problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Frankie

Hey Frankie,

Congratulations! Sometimes an impulsive action gets us off our dead a** to do something that we have been putting off. Ypou got so just live with it. If you have already had one pierced and you got away with it, I think that a lot of people just won't notice the second one. If asked why, just say you wanted to and no more. They will get you answer and leave you alone. More said = more complications. Good going girl.

Thank you... Maybe if I don't make a big deal about it, no one else will, and I must admit that having two earrings now, makes me feel... pretty. (Even while in drab!)

Banned Read only
    I though male ear piercings were fairly common everywhere. but then I live in a part of the country where it's entirely common to see giant discs in peoples ears, so what do I know?

just figure if baseball players are doing it, you can't get hassled that much for it, right?

Here's a temporary method for hiding an ear piercing.

Take a tube of Chapstick or other lip balm, the waxier the better, and scrape a small glob off onto the top of your thumbnail, then smooth the Chapstick on your thumbnail over the hole in your ear, sort of "spackling" the hole with Chapstick, make sure it's smooth and blended in.

Then take a little loose face powder and lightly dust powder over the Chapstick, that should make it very hard to see the hole.

Just remember to not touch the area where the Chapstick is, as it's fairly fragile, should last for a few hours unless it's really hot and humid.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Thanks!! I've decided to quit worrying about it. If anyone's got anything to say about it, they can get a spoon and eat my... er... anyway. LOL

Go out an buy a pair of earring with logos of your local sports team on them.. Then everyone will think your a sports fanatic!! Lol. Just don't get the pink sparkley ones.. Then they wil know your a crossdressing sports fanatic.... Hehe

Or stick a 16D nail through them.. They will think your a bad ass and won't say a word.... My son wears these spikey things..

Hell I see bikers with diamond posts in both ears.. Might have to pick up a do-rag and a leather vest.. Borrow a friends Harley and put it in the parking lot..

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-13-2007 at 06:41 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Thanks!! I've decided to quit worrying about it. If anyone's got anything to say about it, they can get a spoon and eat my... er... anyway. LOL
    I always told the boys at work(construction) that earings come in pairs. AND if they asked if I turned gay, I asked "Why? Are you looking for a date?" They got used to it.

Did anyone in your circle have any comments about your left ear being pierced? I doubt it....

You're right. But no.... So far, no one has noticed, or else, they haven't commented. Makes no difference to me... And I love that line: "Are you gay?" "Why, are you looking for a date?" LMAO!! That ROCKS!!!!

just get matching studs for both , nobody will say anything

I asked my wife the other day if I could get my ears peirced. She said "OK, but no dangling ones". Been thinking of getting peirced the evening before we go on vacation. Will have at least 10 days for them to heal before we return and I go back to work. Not sure if that will be enough time or not.

When I got my ears pierced, I thought that it might cause an uproar, but after the first couple of days, nothing happened. That was almost three years ago. I got about the same response when I started shaving my head completely bald. The novelty was the cause not the particular action or image.
    I say, "Don't worry about it."
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I asked my wife the other day if I could get my ears peirced. She said "OK, but no dangling ones". Been thinking of getting peirced the evening before we go on vacation. Will have at least 10 days for them to heal before we return and I go back to work. Not sure if that will be enough time or not.
    Six weeks, for them to heal long enough to leave the piercing out during the day. Six months is how long you need to keep something in the holes, as often as possible, to keep them from closing up. You can get clear acrylic retainers. Google it...

Good luck!! I'm wearing a pair of matching studs. Even though I'm in drab for work, I still feel damn pretty, and you know what? No one has said a word, given me any "looks," or acted like anything is different in any way whatsoever.

(Dammit, it's almost an anticlimax!) LOL

I'm busting to get mine done! SO's away in a couple of weeks so I might do it then, that'll be a suprise for her when she gets back! Don't worry I'll check it's okay first.
    A green with envy Amanda!
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Quote Originally Posted by bgirl View Post
    I always told the boys at work(construction) that earings come in pairs. AND if they asked if I turned gay, I asked "Why? Are you looking for a date?" They got used to it.
    Good comeback, and any guy talks that way just may be trying to cover himself.

Don't hide your ear piercing. You are giving other people too much power over YOUR life!!!

Look at Howie mandel (Host of Deal or No Deal). He proudly wears his earrings on every episode. Don't let other people dictate how you should live your life. Life is too short and at the end of your life, you will want to look back and say "I did it my way""

I forgot to add that most of the "potential problems" we create in our own mind. In other words, they are demons that we create and they don't really exist. If someone razzes you or gives you grief, tell them to "go pound sand" and that it is "none of their business". In the workplace, this is harassment and you could even file a complaint with Human Resources if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Don't hide your ear piercing. You are giving other people too much power over YOUR life!!!

Look at Howie mandel (Host of Deal or No Deal). He proudly wears his earrings on every episode. Don't let other people dictate how you should live your life. Life is too short and at the end of your life, you will want to look back and say "I did it my way""

Back in the late 80's early 90's I got one ear pierced and a few years later got the other one pierced along with a 2nd in the 1st. Family asked why both times and i said 'because' it was all that was needed. about 10 years ago i had a new job at my current employer and thought i would gain more respect from new employees i would be training if i did not wear earings. So for 10 years i wore nothing..late last year (2006) i decided i wanted my holes opened again so i took my earings and PUSHED them through for the most part the holes were partly closed. This kind of sucked because i cant wear earings in my current department (i work in a deli and heaven forbid my studs/backings end up in your lunch meat ) I had a week off which was just long enough to keep them opened. Now most days i wear my earings except when im a work.. I miss them when i dont have them in. Now i just need to get dangly ones
    I am me and you are you, give me love and I'll love you too.

Hiya Frankie,

I had both mine done just a week ago and am sporting two rather obvious gold studs which are not concealed by my thinning shoulder length hair. Wife is OK-ish with it and most people I have met haven't reacted at all. However, I haven't seen any close family/friends yet and I'm expecting definite reactions from them. I'm not going to try to hide them...that would be impossible and I'm certainly not going to take them out until the six weeks is up. On the other hand, I have been forbidden to out myself and so I shall just have to stonewall my way out of any questioning..."I like them, so what ?"

I must say, I do like the look of them...even in drab they seem to emphasize my femme features...to my eyes anyway

So many men now, have both ears pierced. I've noticed it more and more. I'm not even going to worry about it. I'm quickly becoming bolder, too. I think, the next time I'm shopping, (as I have yet to buy regular clothes), if the SA asks if she can help me, I'm going to look her in the eye and say, "Yes! I'm a crossdresser and I'm trying to find something that will go well with my skin, eye, and hair coloring."

What's the worst they can do? Laugh? BFD... It's not like they're going to announce it over the loudspeaker, or haul me into the back room for a beating, or anything.... LOL

P.S. As for enhancing your femme look, even in drab, I've noticed the same thing with mine. And even though I can't wear make-up, I still use my eyelash curler in the mornings. It makes my lashes really stand up. (They are long and curl up nicely, anyway...) But between that, the earrings, and the longer hair, I am increasingly androgynous looking, and I really like it.

-Frankie
    Last edited by Frankie-Dear; 06-14-2007 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post

You are so right. As for taking it up with Human Resources, I am the president of my company. I AM Human Resources. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Good comeback, and any guy talks that way just may be trying to cover himself.
    That's right. And if he insists on giving you a hard time, you could always hit him with your purse.

I got my ears pierced when I was still in school back in 1987 and noone said any thing but it was California and a lot of boys had ear rings in both.