Thread: Have to break down

Have to break down

[SIZE="3"]I haven't bought one piece of men' clothing in more that a year while my girl wardrobe has exploded in size. I work in drab and the things I own are beginning to look really shabby. I have to buy some jeans and stuff but it will cut into my budget. Anybody else struggle wiyh spending on guy gear??

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Yeah, I have gone through the same problem. When I started dressing a bit more freely after telling my wife, it was all women's clothes all the time when shopping. Lucky for me my size has not changed in 20 years so I do have ample male clothes to choose from. I don't know what it is. I am just drawn to the women's section. An inner urge keeps telling me how much I want that skirt, shirt, etc.... I did just shop for some male clothes last week and realized it was the first bit of male clothes I had bought in a while.

I can't remember when I didn't want to shop in the girl's/woman's department. I bought a men's shirt a couple of months ago because I had a certificate for half off. But aside from replacing work clothes, I haven't bought a thing from the men's department in over a year.

Yep, mostly work clothes. I'm fortunate that the company I worked for for 30 years supplied uniforms. My own personal stock isn't in too bad of shape, just need to replace a few now and then.

I hadn't bought any guy clothes for years but I was down to my last wearable pair of jeans and my socks all had holes in them. So last week I went shopping for some replacements. I was going to buy 3 pair of jeans and a dozen pair of socks. It was so boring shopping for these I decided to just stock up and doubled up on both items so I wouldn't have to suffer the trauma of guy clothes shopping again for a long while. LOL
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieZ View Post
    the trauma of guy clothes shopping LOL

[SIZE="3"]My sentiments exactly! The only consolation is that when I'm finished with the men's clothes I can wander into the ladies dept!!

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    here here only the occassional work replacements

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Well I still buy mens clothing.. Though my wife forces me to.. Hate living in an oppressive female dominated society... Wait... That was an episode of Star Trek I was watching last night.. Never mind..

Anyway... I like to look as good as I can in which even gender I'm dressed in....

Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-20-2007 at 07:14 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It depends on what you consider men's clothes. I've got plenty of women's that actually look better on me as a dude. Oddly enough, most of my best "men's" pants and shirts are women's.

Right now though, I'd be happy enough to afford a new anything. I'd be thrilled to get a new pair of SOCKS, much less a sale-priced prom-dress from Deb.

I let my SO buy the mens clothing. It seems like every time I try I draw a blank. She keeps both wardrobes color coordinated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Jennifer silly here's what you do...... go to the thrift store buy every thing you need for "him" now you probably will get every thing "he" needs real cheep .... now the good part figure how much you saved buying all "his " things at the thrift store as opposed to new ..... with the savings go out and buy something nice for Jennifer........

Can totally empathise with that..I simply hate buying male clothes..no matter what the pirice...what a waste of money.!!!..and SO boring.!!!...though to be fair, there is so little left of the male me, it doesn't exactly cost me a fortune.!!LOL
    Nikki. x

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar

aww poor baby

[SIZE=4]Guess you're just gonna have to break down and do it. Go on line and order a pair of work jeans . Then it won't feel as if your buying guy stuff and it won't hurt so much .[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]CG GG[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    have a bit of post-modernistic fun with it: go in drag and make up lame excuses for buying guy clothes!

"it's for my wife, I swear!"

Talking The wardrobe...

Its been several years since I bought anything at all for the male wardrobe - luckily the company I work for supplies uniforms/boots so there hasn't been much need except for tee shirts, shorts and socks. Since I'm transitioning MTF anyway I doubt I will buy anything unless forced by circumstance either. Since I'm basically full time away from work what I have should last with something left for the Goodwill with a bit of luck. Having to do "boy drag" at all is a PITA!
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

I solve part of the problem by wearing ladies jeans at work and at play so far not one person has ever said anything about my jeans.

Aspiring Member

Smile

Other than a couple of pair of work shoes, i have not bought any male clothes now for almost 3 years.

I find that ladies clothes, slacks, and yes even skirts fit me much better than guy ones do.
    I have enough guy jeans to do me for the next few years, and I wear them all the time working, but when I do buy new ones they are maybee a little plain, but never the less they are still womens.

When I am away from home on vacation, the few times that I do have to go drab, as there are a few people that do not know of Denise, I will wear what i call a gender neutual top and slacks.
    I now wear Femme under wear full time except when going to the doctors, and i have a hard time wearing them then

If it were not that i am still working, and live in a very conservative area, I would dress totally femme 24/7 which I hope to be able to do some day

Denise

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Anyway... I like to look as good as I can in which even gender I'm dressed in. Karren
    I don't own any men's underwear -- it is all panties. My tennis shoes are women's, as are my socks, jeans, and short pants. About the only thin I wear that is definitely male, is polo shirts and dress shirts -- and only b/c, as Karren said, I like to look good in whichever mode I am dressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannette H View Post
    I let my SO buy the mens clothing. It seems like every time I try I draw a blank. She keeps both wardrobes color coordinated.
    My wife is "on top of this," too. I think she sometimes has a better sense about when, for example, it is time to get me a few new polo shirts, or a new dress shirt. When we go shopping, she knows me well enough to know that I get pink-brained -- lol!

I hate buying boy clothes...the SAs are so surly when the think you are only buying boy stuff. If you ask them about a bra or panties they are much more attentive...
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Jennifer, why buy any men's clothes at all?

There are plenty of jeans, slacks, shorts, tops that you can get right in the ladies department that should work very well.

I may not wear a skirt or dress all the time, but I am always wearing women's clothes.

Unless the jeans have no pockets, or have stars and jewels on them, who would know that they are women's unless you tell them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]