Thread: Dear Abby

Dear Abby

Was reading the paper today and the "Dear Abby" column had a quaestion from a woman who's boy friend came out to her. She asked Abby what she should do. Abby said to spend some time with him dressed as his other person and see how she feels before making any decision. Abby went on to say that cross dressing is not abnormal and that many men have successful marriages and familys. That everyone has quirks. Can't wait till my wife reads this and hope she will follow this advise and let me dress in front of her.

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    Awesome.... I love Dear Abby. That woman is the very epitome of wisdom, grace, and charm. I would love to meet her, someday. Seriously.
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

I have met her and her sister and have had dinner with her. She is a great person.

I read one of her columns a few years ago, about a minister who was also a crossdresser. She gave the info and links to Tri-Ess, after going to those sites I realized that I wasn't just some weirdo who liked to dress up in womens clothes and that there were others out there. It was the start of me coming to terms with my fem side.

Christie

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Perhaps we are finally getting the acknowledgement we need and deserve...

Abby is very well informed on cross dressing. It's nice to see some one like Her in the main strem press.

Sucsessful Marriage here....and she knows and supports.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

My wife reads those columns and doesn't say a word. I can only imagine how she felt about Abby's advice on that one.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Dear Abby

As a CD'er, I make it a habit to read Abby's column each day for this exact subject, hoping each day a reader has written a letter asking for help with a CD'ing SO. After reading the article this morning I was encouraged, thinking to myself, a better reply couldn't have been written if I did it myself.

It's nice to know a syndicated columnist has the wisdom and understanding coupled with the proper respectable platform to educate so many. Thank you Abby!

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Dear Abby weighs in

I don't think Abby referred to CDing as "normal", but she is apparently tolerant on the subject. Here's what she actually said in her reply:

"If I really cared about him, I think I'd ask to spend some time with his 'other self'. Then I'd make up my mind about whether or not I could accept the situation. Many cross-dressers are happily married and have perfectly normal marriages except for this one 'quirk'. (And let's face it -- is anyone completely quirk-free?)"
    Last edited by sherri; 06-23-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Dear Abby wieghs in

Abby. Luv U my darling for being so understanding, wish there were lots like her.

girlie guy
    I've thought about that, too, Alice, about showing her how can look.
    In the end I think it would change her view of me and I'm afraid she wouldn't like what she saw. Everybody has to make their own choices, and advice aside, I'm not prepared to take that path.

Has anyone thought about sending a link to "Dear Abby" re this forum? It might be useful to a lot of people.

Rickie
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395

girlie guy
    BTW, "Abby" has been dead for years, and so has her "sister," Ann Landers.
    I don't know who's writing her advice columns now but I think it's just a syndicated thing.

Dear Abby

What a nice response and from someone who has a world wide audience! Her advise was positive and thoughtful. We as a group need to keep getting the message out, that we are good family people living good productive lives.

Eileen

wow

just googled "dear abby cross-dressing" a whole bunch of letters come up.

I am going to save those links to give to my wife when she has questions.

I read Dear Abby all the time she is great
    Angie

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    She has a pretty good understanding of this.

I understand that the Dear Abby and Ann Landers columns are written by a daughter and a neice--some relatives of them. I think the comments she offered were decent--not smarty ones about a transvestite being a bit kooky,etc. It hasn't always been so enlightened in her column. I do think, however, that if a girlfriend, potential spouse isn't really keen on crossdressing, eventually problems will arise and kill the relationship. I really think that about 90+% of women just can't live with 'another woman' and is there really a male transvestite who isn't at some level desiring to be a female, playing the female role? It's more than wearing nylon panties for this 60 year young transvestite. hugs, helen

I should have known that she and er sister had passed. It was many years ago that I had dinner with her (twice) and the person that sponsered the dinner has also passed. At least those that continue the advise are steady with what they say and use past responses to similar questions. I asked my wife if she say the answer yesterday and she said yes. She further said it was the original response to a similar question years ago was what made her accept my dressing and not go nuts over it. That is good, but I had hoped that she would allow me to dress in her presence based upon the answer. No luck there - yet.

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    I understand that the Dear Abby and Ann Landers columns are written by a daughter and a neice--some relatives of them. I think the comments she offered were decent--not smarty ones about a transvestite being a bit kooky,etc. It hasn't always been so enlightened in her column. I do think, however, that if a girlfriend, potential spouse isn't really keen on crossdressing, eventually problems will arise and kill the relationship. I really think that about 90+% of women just can't live with 'another woman' and is there really a male transvestite who isn't at some level desiring to be a female, playing the female role? It's more than wearing nylon panties for this 60 year young transvestite. hugs, helen
    I know I do and I know that it is one of my wife's fears! In fact in my head, I am often playing the female role in our intimate moments.

Mitch

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    I really miss dear abby. She was a very enlightened woman.
    I enjoyed her commentary on cross dressing over the years.

Cindi

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch23 View Post
    I know I do and I know that it is one of my wife's fears! In fact in my head, I am often playing the female role in our intimate moments.

Mitch
    I am sure that many of us do exactly as Mitch said, play the female role in our heads. At times my loving wife, who was very supportive of my CD activities all our 49 1/2 years together,took it a step further. She would become the man for me! But I like being a man and also being a woman at times. As Karren says, the best of both worlds! Hope I quoted you correctly, Karren!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes