Thread: Office DRESS code

Better late than later NatalieH's Avatar

Office DRESS code

I was working at a client’s office this morning, and was wearing shorts due to the heat. One of the partners, smiling, asked if I was aware of the office dress code. I said I wasn’t, but did that mean I could wear a dress? He just kept smiling and said “sure”. So now I have it, official approval! Just might take a while to actually test it….

Natalie

Go for it! I mean, I wouldn't because at the moment I am still partially closeted...I also don't have a job to try it out...but it would be interesting. You have approval, so why not?
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Go for it hun
    Angie

Platinum Member
    get pics.....................

Thanks for the words of encouragement....

I'd love to do it, but will probably wait for a suitable occasion, like the CD national holiday in Oct.

Nat

Hmm. My clients run from blue collar to upper corporate, so I always try to dress appropriately. Just good business. But I don't think I've ever had a client suggest that I must conform to his office's dress code ...

You mean it wasn't 'Casual Friday'?

I wouldn't screw up a client just for that....

Wow... pretty scarry when I sound like the voice of reason... hehe

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

oh yea the voice of reason it usualy gets in the way

susie

Aspiring Member
    I would do it. I'm tired of gender discrimination. It's time for women to allow us to exercise the same rights they take for granted on a daily basis.

The time to stand up for ourselves is NOW!
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

dress

Natalie how do you think your client would react if you showed up in a dress?

Eileen

That's funny! I've been filling in for my boss while she's been on vacation and gotten similar sorts of comments/responses. One was asking another section to do something and I'd said "I'm the boss" basically, to which the response was "oh, and you've got the skirts to prove it?" To which I damn near said "yes" but thought better of it, LOL. Anytime my bosses boss needs me to do something in her stead he says "time to put on your skirt," which half the time I want to say "can I?" Ok, so its perhaps only vaguely related, but still! Both crack me up.

Eka
    ~ Eka ~
    You can't quit until you try.
    You can't live until you die.
    You can't learn to tell the truth,
    Until you learn to lie.

Do you live in Cleveland, and are you an air-traffic controller?

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/13589237/detail.html
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ View Post
    Do you live in Cleveland, and are you an air-traffic controller?
    Dana, thanks for that, I'll save it for the right time! And no, don't live in Cleveland, but did grow up in Dayton - must be an Ohio thing.

Sherri, I do make an effort to dress appropriately, around here that ranges from casual to very casual...

Karren and Eileen, I certainly won't do anything to risk my relationship with the client, who is one of my better ones. It's a professional office, with their own clients coming in, so if I do anything radical it will be when there's some excuse...again, Halloween is the best I can think of for now. As for their reaction, well, I have showed up with nail polish around H'ween, and my hair is getting longer, but that's been it so far, with only a few amused glances resulting.

Natalie

When Ive approached my staff about their dress code (Black skirt and white blouse, shoes etc for waitress) they have often been cheeky enough to reply with "When we see you in a skirt doing the same job we'll comply". It's almost tempting! even to see the look on their face!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_Dawn View Post
    When Ive approached my staff about their dress code (Black skirt and white blouse, shoes etc for waitress) they have often been cheeky enough to reply with "When we see you in a skirt doing the same job we'll comply". It's almost tempting! even to see the look on their face!
    You must be a very diplomatic boss. Many places don't give the staff an option.

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar

Office Dress Code.

Well I'd try it but I don't have an office other than the usual recording studio digs I would need to practice lugging a very heavy Emmons Pedal Steel Guitar and Fender Custom Vibrosonic Amplifier around in a skirt. Both weigh about 90 to 100 pounds, atleast the amp has wheels on it. I think it would be a hoot to do a gig in a skirt but sadly even the female steel players I know always wear slacks when they go to a gig.. Who knows I might even start a trend, or the nations biggest bar fight.. Patricia.. I have coffee life is good..