Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what woul it take for you to give up on crossdressing

what woul it take for you to give up on crossdressing

I know that this sounds crazy, But I have to ask. You see their is a woman that I have been after for over 30 years. She knows about my cd as a matter of fact when I was in my eary teens it was her cloths I would take. we lived togather when we were in our 20's it lasted 6 months. I was the only man in her life when her daughter was born. we use to tell people I was there for everything, But the conception. anyway you can tell when I start to talk about her I go on & on. SO HERE IS THE QUISTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?
    :RND1:

To some extent, I have. I am in a second marriage and head over heels (after nearly 10 years together) with my wife. She knew about my crossdressing early in the relationship. Over the years it has become clear that it is something she tolerates but is not particularly interested in sharing. From time to time she does encourage me to dress in some sexy lingerie for bed but draws the line at makeup, wig, dresses, etc.

I told her early in the relationship because crossdressing was a problem in my first marriage. I really hoped to be with someone with whom I could fully share and explore my CD urges. Well, alas, such as turned out not to be the case. None the less, I am very happy with her and would not give her up to cross dress more. I simply take the opportunity when on business travel to dress up and that suffices.

Hugs,
    Kelsie

NO Because I know me and I would come back to it and maybe have to hide it from her
    And thats not a good thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I would be unable to give up.

How do you give up on something that is a part of you? I don't want to sound rude, but that just doesn't seem like it is possible, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy333
    SO HERE IS THE QUISTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?
    If this love is two-way and honest, I see no reason to give it up.

The only question that remains then is how the both of you are able to integrate CDing in your lives despite and due to the social pressure.
    Last edited by Marla S; 06-28-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Dela or No Deal... TG version 1.0

Yes... If I had to choose and if I could realistically stop I would..... And maybe a new pair of ice skate... And a stick.....

DEAL!!!!!

But I knów I cant ... NO DEAL......... Short of a brain transplant or SRS..... The only two solutions I can think of to stop crossdressing..... Ok death is a third option....

But Howey, why can't I have one of the lovely girls dresses?? Call the banker guy up again!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I ditto what Marla S has said..Love is always a two way street...

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    If she suddenly decided that it really really bothered her, and she truly didn't want me to do it anymore because somehow, it was wounding her in some way.... I probably could, but I would keep my earrings, keep growing my hair, and probably still mess around with it, when she wasn't around. It would mean being put in the closet, but.... I don't know.... Maybe not 100%. We would end up working out some kind of compromise, if it came down to that.
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Nope, not me.. I did once for my second wife and I was MISERABLE, I turned into someone else, I was no longer ME. It was at that point I decided that I was going back to dressing and I would NEVER stop being myself for anyone ever again.

Kandis

Nothing would get me to ever give it up because it is a part of me.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Dittos on Karren's solution #3 for me. But then I get a white dress (okay,ROBE...but a dress by any other name....) in heaven, so I suppose I'm never gonna be able to quit.

Emily Ann

What will all the homophobes do when they get to heaven and St. Peter hands them a white dress to wear for eternity ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Living with a heel in each world.

My answer is an unequivocal Yes, after many many years of being alone after my divorce, I would dump it all if I could have the love of my life back. Yes, she still is and believe me, I don't say this frivolously, I know it would be hard, but I also know the rewards would outweigh the hardship of dressing. To be able to spend your time with a caring loving SO is priceless.....Don't be so quick to throw that away.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

If my wife knew how close I came to calling our marriage off before she walked down the isle. That I've never told her and I won't either. I started crossdressing at age 11 and put it on a 20 year hiatis until I retired from the military. Then the erge hit me again and I have been crossdressing since the early 1990's and buying my own things. She is now somewhat understanding of crossdressing and she gives me time to be Serina Lynn. I have kept my marrriage and have been able to continue crossdressing.
    Last edited by serinalynn; 06-28-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Country "CD" music... SURE GONNA MISS HER. Been married to the same wonderful(tolerant, non-accepting) woman for 36 years, been crossdressing for 47 years +/- 2, aint gonna stop,LOVE IT TOO MUCH.

I concur with Jenni's sentiment with regard to having a caring someone in my life. It is hard, sometimes, but the occasional opportunity to dress while traveling helps me cope with it.

Hugs,
    Kelsie

Banned Read only
    I didn't stop to please bigoted family and bailed at 16 as soon as I got a car lisense. I lived as a runaway in hiding at VOA teens until 18. I wouldn't change, can't change and have been on the front lines of human rights so you don't have to change.
    There are 6.6 billion people in this world, someone will treat you well, never settle.
    Last edited by Chrysoprase; 06-28-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Speaking from personal experience, nobody can stop CDing I think. Maybe temporarily due to circumstances/ situations. But, it comes back with a vengeance, when and where hard to say, and with age the desire is much, much stronger.

Girls, this is my personal opinion!

I would think that I would be willing to do just about anything for a true love, but, then again, if someone loved me as much as I love them, then they should be able to accept this.

So..., no deal. I want the same consideration for my own needs as much as may be expected from me.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

For years I was convinced that there was something wrong with me for wanting to CD, I finally convinced myself that was a load of BS and that what was wrong was that I wasn’t able to accept it in myself. Now I accept it in myself and have had the luck to have an understanding SO who has encouraged me in it. This is something that has come to fruition during our relationship and there have been some sticky points for both of us in learning about this part of ourselves but all in all it has gone smoothly.
    I have thought about what I would do if she decided she didn’t want me to do this anymore and apparently so has she. Neither of us thinks it would be a good idea for me to suppress this part of myself again. It is part of who I am and if she can’t be in love with me for all of who I am then any other version of me would be a lie and she wouldn’t really be in love with “me” anyway.
    Even when I had other girlfriends, wife, etc. before this I would find myself sneaking around trying on their clothes and underwear and would feel bad about doing it. Now I can be honest about it and feel good about it and I wouldn’t want to go back to the other way for anything. It would just be a lie and I would lose everything I have gained to do it. I think that even if I did, eventually there would end up being some sort of subconscious resentment that would occur and start causing issues in the relationship anyways.
    Last edited by Marla151; 06-28-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    I tried and It didn't work. What would it take? It would take the desire to do it and the pleasure that comes from doing it to go away without my life feeling like there was a hollow empty void where it used to be.

Otherwise the feelings of loss, of self betrayel, the yearnings, the long periods of 'why am I so unhappy, frustrated and angry?' followed by the discoveries of 'Oh yeah.. not doing that anymore is why I feel like this' and above all the feeling that I'm not being loved for myself but for a shallow fake mask or shell.. that I am being loved only for a part of me.. for a role I'm playing.. all that adds up in a big pile of resentment, frustration and sorrow.

Love doesn't thrive so well in that environment. The words, the looks, the kisses.. it all loses a lot of meaning and value when you feel like that.

Great question but one that puzzles me. Why would you ask anyone to be something they are not, or to give up something that they are? Isn't love about accepting all of another person? What else would you be willing to give up? Keep it honest and real.

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    As being TG is an inextricable part of my personality, I would find it impossible to give it up. If I was single and looking to find a love, I would not be able to get with anyone who could not accept Sarah. I know this sounds cold and one can not always control affairs of the heart, but to live a lie or to live without half of my personality would make for a very miserable life.

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think Sharon said it best. I believe I could but I have to wonder what I would find so compelling about someone who wanted to change the person that I am?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

You can also ask these questions:
    Would you stop smoking for love?
    Would you become a Christian?
    Would you convert to Buddism?
    Would you stop eating pizza?
    Would you ditch your Ford and jump in a Toyota?
    Would you eat asparagus at every meal?

We are what we are, and yes, love is a two way street.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]