Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what woul it take for you to give up on crossdressing

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    I guess to really answer this question, you'd have to first decide what crossdressing means to you. For most of the contributers to this thread, it seems that crossdressing is part and parcel of who you are: A compulsion that drives you and is as much a part of you as your own flesh and bone. It truly IS a part of your overall personal make-up.

It might be easier for me to give it up, simply because, (at this point, anyway) it seems more like a hobby; a game; a way of dressing up for Halloween or playing at, "What if..."

At the same time, I don't know... Maybe I am just deceiving myself. Maybe deep down, I am just as driven, just as compelled, and crossdressing really IS a part of who I truly AM.

Pondering, pondering....

-Frankie
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Why would someone who loves all of you ask you to give up part of what makes up the entire person they fell in love with?? This doesn't really make sense. A year ago a friend of mine and Kandis' asked me why I didn't have a problem with Kandis' CDing. I simply told them, "The CDing is part of the whole person I fell in love with. You take away the CDing and you take away a part of that person. That person is then different, and I don't know if I would have fallen in love with that person."

I love Kandis very much, and that's not a risk I would want taken. It should never be an option to change who you really are.
    Just my

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

I am with Karen on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yes... If I had to choose and if I could realistically stop I would..... And maybe a new pair of ice skate... And a stick.....

DEAL!!!!!

But I knów I cant ... NO DEAL......... Short of a brain transplant or SRS..... The only two solutions I can think of to stop crossdressing..... Ok death is a third option....

But Howey, why can't I have one of the lovely girls dresses?? Call the banker guy up again!!!

Karren

The option of giving it up does not exist anymore. It would be equivalent to burying a part of me I love so much.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

give up on crossdressing??????????????

An army of CDing mercenaries would be after you, you can run but cannot hide. Better delete your question off the record. Hah! eh!
    Last edited by MeraLehanga; 06-30-2007 at 01:07 AM.

Ive asked myself the same question also. What would I give up if it was between my SO or CD?. My wife has already said that she believed 'that it is part of me' and not something that I could give up even if I wanted to. If I said I was going to stop she has siad she would always suspect that I would find the closet door again. Im with Karen also on this. It would always be part of you (us) no matter what. I hope I never have to be put in this position though.

[SIZE="3"]Nothing could stop me. No amount of money nothing. The only thing that could is they would have to stop making womens clothes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]LeeAnn[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LeeAnn_cd View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Nothing could stop me. No amount of money nothing. The only thing that could is they would have to stop making womens clothes.[/SIZE]
    I could not stop,regardless.I still enjoy dressing in my mother&sisters clothes,
    especially mini skirts,with pantyhose,silk blouse&heels

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]"Lyric to a country music song,"

Wife packed up all OUR clothes, got in my pickup truck and off she goes, going miss that pickup truck and all those clothes.

This is who I am, at that point now in my life, told my GF 1 year ago July 3,2006, and well she is very accepting, has gone out with the girls weekends, dancing and dinner. She worries what others will think (her being a fool) for I'm very much out in the open about my dressing. I love her truely but if she truely loves me, she is going to have to accept me with the knowledge that I am never plan on going 24/7, she would be the 1 of major reason for me not doing so, but that I dont care who does know.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 06-30-2007 at 05:34 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Death.

Say what?

I think that this question don't make sense, do you think we are here because we chose this live? personally i've tried so many times to give this up and try to be a husband and a dad to my kids with no other option but to be truthfull to my self and come to terms that i am different, you got to be kidding!

No offense intended to anyone.

Love Ericka
    She's back

for true love soul mate type of love I would try very hard to stop , know julie would always be in my mind she has beed there all my life

Quote Originally Posted by julie w View Post
    for true love soul mate type of love I would try very hard to stop , know julie would always be in my mind she has beed there all my life
    For a true soul mate type of love, you should not have to give up anything. In the past, I have had relationships where the women knew of my CDing from the start, and they looked at themselves as the type that could "change" me, turn me into "a real man". but they failed to realize that the CDing is a part of the whole package and without that aspect of things, I am not the same person they fell in love with. As GlitterGG (My SO) posted earlier, if you take that away, you alter the person and that may not be the kind of person you would fall in love with. My second wife tried this and when she realized what caused the change in me, she chose to leave rather than admit she was wrong and allow for Kandis to come back into the picture. Of course, before she left she took it upon herself to purge everything I owned that was femme... I do miss some of those items though... but I don't miss her

Kandis

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    For a true soul mate type of love, you should not have to give up anything. In the past, I have had relationships where the women knew of my CDing from the start, and they looked at themselves as the type that could "change" me, turn me into "a real man". but they failed to realize that the CDing is a part of the whole package and without that aspect of things, I am not the same person they fell in love with. As GlitterGG (My SO) posted earlier, if you take that away, you alter the person and that may not be the kind of person you would fall in love with. My second wife tried this and when she realized what caused the change in me, she chose to leave rather than admit she was wrong and allow for Kandis to come back into the picture. Of course, before she left she took it upon herself to purge everything I owned that was femme... I do miss some of those items though... but I don't miss her

Kandis
    Well said Kandis - If I took it away I wouldn't be the same person and I don't think I could live with that

Mitch

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

What a question....

It would be a very hard decision to make. But I guess I would have to weight the different options that are in front of me and hope I will choose wisely. But if it was to give up crossdressing for something more important, than so be it. It would really have to be a life changing issue, where there were no other ways to go, and no other decisions to make. Has to be a choice of one or the other, a final decision issue. I hope that never comes up.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    NO, never ever. I am who I am. it took some time, but that 's how it is. I do think however we tend to make the best of whatever happens
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quiting crossdressing That's easy

HI Everyone:
    All I will need to quit crossdressing is to be asystolic.

Platinum Member
    THE QUESTION. WOULD YOU GIVE UP THIS LIFE FOR LOVE?

i would say yes that's what i thought over 25 years ago when i got married ... simple ... easy .... a no brainer..... give up cding for love .... i did .... it lasted like 6 months .... still married and still love her ... but their has always been that other woman .....

so truth full no it can't be done .....

I don't see any sums of money being offered.

Hey I'm negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy07 View Post
    You can also ask these questions:
    Would you stop smoking for love?
    Would you become a Christian?
    Would you convert to Buddism?
    Would you stop eating pizza?
    Would you ditch your Ford and jump in a Toyota?
    Would you eat asparagus at every meal?

We are what we are, and yes, love is a two way street.
    About the being a christian I think some people will not like me for saying this or maybe they will. I don't think god is like people looking at the surface like shallow people do. It says in the bible that god looks into the hearts of people and that is how he judges them. I don't think what you look like on the outside is what's important to god but rather what's on the inside.

Feeling so good en femme! Miss Lulu's Avatar
    Scary question! Don't wanna think about it!
    Miss Lulu

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    For me the pleasure and fulfilment in crossdressing is almost matched in guilt and to a lesser degree shame, but as much as I struggle to accept myself I know that I am what I am and I am a crossdresser and nothing short of my immediate death would stop that but even here nothing is certain - depending upon your beliefs

Would I want to? Yes, I would never want to bring shame or pain upon those I hold dearest (which at the moment would be my mum as I am but a single student) but I know deep down that I would just continue in secret. When I blurted out 50% of the truth to my mum out of crippling guilt and shame, I promised I would stop and I lasted 6 weeks. At first it felt like I was free but before tto long my mind was always absent - drifting back to CD'ing and my patience and already short temper just freyed and I was miserable until I started dressing again.

I'd like to think that if love were true, my CD'ing would be accepted but I wouldn't give it up. I would be more than willing to compromise because I don't believe in forcing this on anyone. However if a compromise couldn't be reached then the Crossdressing would be the winner and stay because I'd rather be true to myself than subjagate core elements of myself to appease someone else.
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

In a word . . NOPE. I know from past purges and returns to cd'ing that it just ain't gonna happen. It's been a part of me for as long as I can remember and it will be with me until "death do us part." I get a lot of enjoyment from it and it's not like a lot of other things that are harmful to your health. I know what I am and I accept it. And the old thing about .. if you loved me you would do this or that ... pure bunk; nothing but a guilt trip and I refuse to accept it.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    Death
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by cin View Post
    About the being a christian I think some people will not like me for saying this or maybe they will. I don't think god is like people looking at the surface like shallow people do. It says in the bible that god looks into the hearts of people and that is how he judges them. I don't think what you look like on the outside is what's important to god but rather what's on the inside.
    amen to that cin! Thats my God all right!

Mitch

A month of free dry cleaning.

No,..I could be completely wrong but, I know for me, and I'm guessing for every CD on this board, this question would be the last question we would have to answer in our lives.