Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If not out. GG relatives joking to you about dressing

Banned Read only

If not out. GG relatives joking to you about dressing

Has this happened to you?

It has me.

Mother has joked/friendly teased me on only rare occasions, both alone and with her GG friends about what I'd look like modeling particular items of fem clothing or make-up.

As I say, it was just joking for a sense of humour.

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    If you weren't out, that's something that would cause you to freak out a little, eh?
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

You'd be surprised what our mothers know about us. When I came out to mine, who I was sure had no idea about Desiree, she remarked "Does this mean I get to keep my clothes now?" It's quite possible she's trying to give a painless way to come to to her.

I have to agree with Desiree. Mothers tend to know more than we often think they do.

I remember when I came out to mine, I think she was so accepting because she already knew, but never said anything to me until I was ready to talk to her about it. Fortunately, since she knew and accepted, things turned out well for me in that aspect.

Kandis

Moms, what else is there to say.

Despite what we may think or do, "Mum does know!"

Well... I don't talk to my mom so I cant speak about her.. however.. friends and family that do not know about my dressing have more than once made comments concerning my long nails or my rather cute ass...
    One such time was in the middle of a family meal time in a resteraunt... a girl walked passed and after 4 or 5 comments someone said to me something like, "I bet your legs would look as good as hers in them shoes.." I almost choked on my chicken...

I'm pretty sure my mother doesn't know about me, my sister said she had no idea (and I told her I have no intentions of reminding her about the stuff I used to do when I was younger)but they have both made jokes to that effect over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyNWUK View Post
    One such time was in the middle of a family meal time in a resteraunt... a girl walked passed and after 4 or 5 comments someone said to me something like, "I bet your legs would look as good as hers in them shoes.." I almost choked on my chicken...

[SIZE="3"]That's funny

Jennifer
    [/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Love being a girly girl! Country girl's Avatar
    [SIZE=3]I just think parents have an uncanny sense of knowing things period. I know mine did and it always floored me how they knew things that they knew. But being a parent myself, son 25, daughters 22 and 16, sometimes you just have a sixth sense about stuff. Ya know what I mean? CG GG[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Country Girl GG [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]When you find something good... Grab it with both hands and do all you can do to keep it![/SIZE]

I think good old fashion kidding like that comes up all the time. Sometimes I steer the conversation that way, like saying to a female cousin, "my man boobs are as big as yours." or "It should be mandatory that women should have to wear high heels (or pantyhose)". And before you know it they are telling how hard it is to walk in heels and I should have to do it. When we were kids my sister was always telling me what great eyelashes I had and that I should try mascara.

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1
    Has this happened to you?
    Not joking, but comments like:
    It's none of her business anymore what clothes you wear. (was CD related)

Well, like others have said: A mom is a mom and knows something, because she is a mom.
    Last edited by Marla S; 06-30-2007 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desiree Marcel View Post
    You'd be surprised what our mothers know about us. When I came out to mine, who I was sure had no idea about Desiree, she remarked "Does this mean I get to keep my clothes now?" It's quite possible she's trying to give a painless way to come to to her.
    I have worn my mothers clothes for many years,but I don't believe she
    ever suspected,or she was in total denial

Probably neither - I suspect that my mum decided to say nothing

Mitch

As a child my Mother's friends frquently would say that I was just too good looking to be a boy - long eyelashes, beautiful eyes, etc. Did she know? I use to think not, but having been part of this site and heard others, I would say yes. Is that why I had to go be evaluated by a doc at 10? Now I think YES.
    Janice Ailene:

I remember being 16 or 17 and my mom and some of her friends were joking about a women's clothing store nearby that was doing some bra fittings for some guys. I wish I could have been courageous enough to defend them, but I just sat there and kept my mouth shut.

HMM--whatever. I could joke about the way some of my relatives dress myself.

Silver Member
    My mom had three sons, myself being the oldest. I don't ever recall an incident that suggested I was anything but 100% boy. On a conscious level, she is dead certain I am male.

Subconsciously, it may be a different story. Two incident come to mind.

I was about 13 years old. There was a boy in my neighborhood who was decidedly feminine in nature, and this somehow struck a nerve with me. Over many years, there was a lot of animosity between us. Looking back on it, my fascination/revulsion was most likely jealousy of his freedom of gender expression, while I felt forced to conform to the stereotypical male role. Back then, no one could understand it that way, so I told myself he was just a fag. (My apologies to all my sisters that may be offended, but there it is.)

One day, mom witnessed me obsessing about him/her and said, "Whatever it is you hate about him is something you hate about yourself." It stopped me dead in my tracks. Subconsciously, I had always known my femininity had to be suppressed and so there it stayed.

Two years ago, my SO was talking with my mom. They assumed I was watching TV in another room, but I overheard mom say, "If I had had a daughter I would have named her Suzie" (I had decided on my fem name of Suzanne years before this.) How I wanted to enter that conversation with a few questions! I knew she had become pregnant with me some months before getting married to my abusive father, so the stress level was undeniable for her. Did she ever have a feeling, before delivering, what the sex of her children would be? (She had three sons, with me as the oldest) Was she perhaps wrong about me? I just knew any questions I could ask would lead to me outing myself, so I stayed out of the converstation.

Sure makes me wonder about all the things the subconscious mind knows but about which the conscious mind is in denial.

I remember alot of my mothers friends saying, he has hair that most women would love to have. It was the way you could do almost about anything with it, and you know "mother knows best".

I wear skirts openly around home just about all of the time, and wear kilts out in public ,ost of the time. The exception being when my daughter comes home for a visit. Then I wear kilts at home too. She persists in calling my kilts, "dad's skirts" At times I feel like going into the bedroom, ditching the kilt; putting on a real skirt, and coming back out to say, "this one of dad's skirts, the other thing I was wearing was a kilt".
    " Just a Guy in a Skirt"

I must say that this has never happen to me. My wife may joke with me now and then, but not all that often.

It does sound to me like the cat is out of the bag, and they are really just giving you a way to relax about it and have some fun.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My mother knew but we never discussed it. I just remember her once complaining to me that I hadn't hung up one of her dresses I had worn. That was all she said.

On the other hand, I came out to my brother and have gotten nothing but ridicule for years.

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar

Joking about dressing.

Well befor my SO and I got married she asked one of my sisters to go with her to help her pick out a tux for me. Rachell my sister told her he'll wear a dress befor he'll wear a tux. SO asked me about it and she almost fell over when I said I'd rather wear a dress first. I just never was a suite and tie person. But a nice long dress!!! Oh yea baby!!! Patricia..
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

No never had that happen Heather
    Angie

My parents had the daughter of long-time family friends of ours over for dinner one night. As we talked prior to the meal, my mom and the daughter chatted about the daughter's new business: a wig shop. My mom, who had just been through breast cancer and had visited wig stores that sold masectomy products, asked whether the daughter had many crossdressers among her clientele. She said that she did have quite a few CD customers at her shop and they both chortled over that and how bizzare they considered the practice of CDing to be. I was sitting nearby and just kept a silly grin on my face while I listened to their conversation.......little did either of them know......

Best,
    Gunda
    Last edited by Gunda; 07-01-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" -The Who

"Ia, Ia, Cthulhu Fthagn!"

"After the Deluge - We!" - Savitri Devi