Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do when you have better underwear than your SO

What to do when you have better underwear than your SO

So now that I'm "out" to her. I've noticed for a long time that I have much better taste and quality of feminine things. She mostly has plain cotton panties, while I have a nice selection of thongs, tangas and other goodies. I've been thinking of asking her to go shopping with me to get some new things for her and mabey for myslef.

Any advice?
    Anybody else in the same boat as me where you have better panties or other things than your SO?
    Inquiring minds want to know

<3 Aox

Surprise her with a shopping trip for her & make it all about
    her. If she offers to get something for you then take her upon it. If not let it go make it all about her. My wife loves when I pamper her like that & we both end up feeling good in the long run.
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree, either take her shopping for prettier things, or go shopping for her. But to take her shopping is the preferred thing to do. Help her pick out pretty things for her to wear...JMHO>>>BJ

GypsyKaren
    Maybe she just has different taste in things than you do, perhaps?

Karen Starlene

I think that us girls just attach a different conotation to "sexier" panties. I like nylon or silky things, thongs, tight things and my wife likes regular ladies type briefs. Still of a more feminine material than mens jockeys but, frankly, has no use for what I like. Hey, they've spent all of their lives deciding what's comfortable for them, breathe properly and wear characteristics. Yes they may have a few pair of really sexy ones but for everyday wear comfort wins out. Us girls, on the other hand want something that really rings our chimes on what we consider feminine and sexy. The mind is a wonderful thing.
    Dawn

I think this is why my lovely wife doesn't want to see my things. I dress better than she does. But then I don't have to dress like I do 24/7 (oh but I wish I could). So I can understand why she dresses down.

Have you ever thought that she likes the plain cotton knickers? Just because you like different ones doesn't mean she does.

She may also think she has better taste than you
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I agree with Karen and Sandra.

If she likes her clothes she likes them.
    To change that is none of your business.

"Better panties", "better style" is in the eye of the beholder ... I am sure there would be something to say about your style too.

Never try to change the clothing style of someone else ... it doesn't work ... who would know better than a CD.
    Last edited by Marla S; 07-02-2007 at 04:25 AM.

Tell her that she is gorgeous, and that you would like to pamper her with new lingerie.

Go with her, and say that you will be buying (so no worries on her side with regards to price).

Say that she can choose the nicest panties. You will then know what she means by nice.

it may be as already stated htat she prefers cotton, and by taking her out and buying her new undies or just surprising her your risk hurting her feelings ..... also as you have only recently told your girlfriend about your dressing give her some time to menatally adjust just my
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Wow!!! I'm shocked and amazed that a crossdresser has sexier lingerie that her wife... What a hoot.. Of coarse you do... Its in the rules ... Lol

And as far as forcing your taste in lingerie on your SO... Don't go there.. Most women buy bras and panties that are comfortable because they have to wear them all the time.. And we buy them because........ Well not because they are comphy!! Hehe. So let her have her things and you have yours...

Matter of fact wearing comphy things isn't such a bad concept.. I find I'm wearing my Hanes male low riser cotton briefs (pretty colored) even when out enfemme.. So there!!!

Soooo just because she may accept your crossdressing doesn't mean she would enjoy you dictating what underware she has to ware!!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile shopping for two

[SIZE="3"]Whenever I buy panties I have to buy some for the wife. Now if only we could shop together for a couple of dresses.

Gennee [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

lol, I agree with both karens , Sandra & Marla.
    She may just like her underwear to be comfortable.
    Just because its not what you like trying to change what she wears is not going to sit well. Unless she has complained about not having nice enough underwear do not go there! You will not make her happy if you force her to go shopping. If you just say that you want to go shopping for lingerie together, you can make it a having fun shopping together for nice stuff, not about "improving" her wardrobe. Just my
    Do you live, do you die
    Do you bleed for the fantasy?
    In your mind, through your eyes
    Do you see it's the fantasy? - 30 Seconds To Mars- The Fantasy

Between me and my SO we have about the same tastes in underwear. Where the differance come in is sleep wear. While I wear cammies, teddies, other lingerie to bed, she wears a night shirt. rarely does she wear anything else.

Looking a amount of lingerie I defenately have more by far.

Kymmie

Maybe she just doesn't want to buy anything for herself that you will want to borrow.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Sadly for me, my wife prefers cotton panties. I have bought her other nice ones...microfiber ones that have the feel of cotton but are much smoother and sexier. While she likes them, they are not her favorite. I have realized that it is better to have her wear what she likes the most, not what I would like her to wear.

Everyone has their own priorities. I buy better hose and underwear than my wife usually does. She is slowly deciding to buy better quality and better looking but it is slow. She likes to hide behind granny clothes but she is quite attractive.
    Sally

Better, in your eyes, maybe?

If she prefers simple plain undies, it's her choice.

Heck she may consider hers to be better than yours because they are made of breathable cotton.

Take her shopping for undies like yours? Not a good move, trust me, unless she's complained that your's are better. Nothing worse that saying, or indicating, "I'm a better dressed (looking) woman than you!"
    DonnaT

Just my I am going to agree with some of the earlier posts that just say let her wear what she likes. If out shopping together and see something you think she may like say "Honey i think these would look great on you, why don't you try a pair and see if you like them" but don't expect her to conform to what you like, my wife definately prefers cotton while i love microfiber and i find them comfy....oh and yes i wear 24/7 ...haven't had men's undies on in 4 years

For my SO and me, I swear he has better clothes than I do. The reason I see is that he has more time to shop than I usually do and he buys for better looking affairs while I buy for "I need this" and "I need that". Ask her if she would like to go shopping for general clothing and see what she starts shoping for then maybe suprise her with a little something.

My .02
    Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.
    ~Rumi~

You always admire what you really don't understand.
    ~Blaise Pascal~

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar
    Yea I'm pretty much in the same boat with the rest of you girls. SO wears cotton panties. So I don't force the issue anyway I find buying clothing for GG's to be a HIGH RISK or deal, it's easier to take them out and let them pick out what they want. Then it's a win win deal all the way around...Patricia..
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

LOL looks like I touched off quite a bit of discussion. I should clarify a couple of things though. #1) I own quite a few pairs of "plain" panties that I wear as a comfort thing mostly to work and whatnot so I understand that part. #2) Most of her underwear is in bad shape(read holes,dead elastic) I think I just might have to pamper her and take her out shopping only for HER. Thanks for the advice and different opinions.

Wow!!! I'm shocked and amazed that a crossdresser has sexier lingerie that her wife... What a hoot.. Of coarse you do... Its in the rules ... Lol

Oh and btw Karen where's that rule book I haven't read it

WTB [Crossdressers Rulebook]

I'd say, just get her some "upgrades". The plain stuff is fine for "the time of the month" type deal but outside that... Spice it up. I'm sure she'll love getting a box in the mail addressed to her from VS or CK.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren View Post
    Maybe she just has different taste in things than you do, perhaps?

Karen Starlene
    or maybe we dont have anything to prove to ourselves or anyone else !!!!!!!!

e
    x
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

Personally, I can't find comfort in anything feminine. Those wonderful bras that are pretty either don't come in my size or in what I consider to be a fair price for the budget. Nor are they comfy. I stopped wearing bras on a regular basis years ago BECAUSE they were uncomfortable and painful.

If your wife has complained to you that you have prettier stuff and she would really like to find pretty things, then by all means take her on a shopping trip. But if she hasn't said a word to you, don't push it. With all the things that women have to deal with on a daily basis, do you really want to heap on her one more thing? I know you want to do something nice for her, and to have an SO that wants to do that is wonderful. So how about one day you do all the things that she usually does for you?
    Just MHO