Thread: Having my nails noticed while en-drab

Having my nails noticed while en-drab

Hi girls,

The last several months I have been having my nails done at a salon (crystal) and I go every 2 weeks for fills. Lately I have been pushing the envelope a bit more by having my nails rounded more as well as not having them shortened quite as much. The last month I even got a very light pink nail polish on them (but just one coat and not blatent). My toenails I have done darker pink as no one sees them.

I have not had any comments about my finger nails while en-drab up until recently. What happened was someone just asked me out of the blue about who does my nails. I was shocked that someone noticed as it has been a long time and no one has noticed. Fortunately I stayed calm on the outside and without hesitation just said that my wife does them. I then made him think it was her idea. He then said he wishes he had someone who could do that for his nails. I'm relieved that I was able to keep an even keel and not arouse suspicion but believe me inside I was a little nervous. I guess it's all part of being a woman when dressed. The nails are there to remind me that Steffie always is lurking close by.

Steffie
    Hugs
    [SIZE="3"]Steffie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Strength lies solely in tenacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Girls just wanna have fun![/SIZE]

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/steffie.michaels

Great job keeping calm and natural. Nice looking nails are for everyone.

hugs,

tiffany

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by steffie39 View Post
    Hi girls,

The last several months I have been having my nails done at a salon (crystal) and I go every 2 weeks for fills. Lately I have been pushing the envelope a bit more by having my nails rounded more as well as not having them shortened quite as much. The last month I even got a very light pink nail polish on them (but just one coat and not blatent). My toenails I have done darker pink as no one sees them.

I have not had any comments about my finger nails while en-drab up until recently. What happened was someone just asked me out of the blue about who does my nails. I was shocked that someone noticed as it has been a long time and no one has noticed. Fortunately I stayed calm on the outside and without hesitation just said that my wife does them. I then made him think it was her idea. He then said he wishes he had someone who could do that for his nails. I'm relieved that I was able to keep an even keel and not arouse suspicion but believe me inside I was a little nervous. I guess it's all part of being a woman when dressed. The nails are there to remind me that Steffie always is lurking close by.

Steffie
    Oh you said nails..nevermind. tee hee

Just another 'Gurl'

Steffie!

Hi Steffie it is cool to see you here. I have seen your comments and posts on the parsimony CD board. I had not a clue you were here too. I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

I have a friend and I don't think he is a CDer but he always walks around in sandals with his toe nails painted bright red. He dosn't care at all what anybody else says. I wish I had that kind of guts that both you and he display.
    Just another man in a dress

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have had my nails done, both fingers and toes, for several years now. My toes are almost always a bright color, and I do wear open toe ladies sandals a lot out in public.

My fingers are done in a pink because I sell Insurance. I have had women and men ask me where I got them done, and I always tell them "at a Nail Salon." Recently I was on an cruise to Alaska and one morning while eating breakfast with my sister-in-law the man sitting next to me noticed my nails. He told his wife, "look at his beautiful nails." Then he covered my hand with is so just my nail showed and said, "if I didn't know you were a man, I would think these belonged to a woman." Then he said, "I wish mine looked half that good."

I wanted to tell him I was more girl than man, but thought discretion was better!! They are Acrylics and are rounded into a very feminine shape. I go to the salon every two weeks for the works.

Sissy

More Girl than man

Cool!

Whether cd or not, men should look after their nails just like women do.

Last X-mas I was buying gifts at Nordstroms. I was in the glove section and the sales assistant said" Wow you have beautiful nails." I was surprised and hid them. She said sorry did not mean to surprise you but they are better looking than most of my woman customers. I said thanks - I do work at them.
    Janice Ailene:

Silver Member
    Hmmm. Seems to me I have said many times on this forum that many men get their nails done.

I have had others ask me what I put on my nails (OPI) just out of the blue. I have a said at many times that I got them done at the salon. I do them myself now, mostly due to the expense of paying someone else.

Lovies,
    Steph

I wear my nails quite long (for a guy) and most times have them done with a clear wet shine polish. My wife accepts me as being strange and I agree with her. Only twice have I had comments. My daughter wanted to know why I have them so long and I just shrugged off her comment. The other time was a female cousin who asked whether I painted my nails. To her I just said that I had been varnishing some timber and had the varnish everywhere. She didn't pursue the topic.

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    My girlfriend went out with her nails painted and was dressed in drab. She noticed the lady behind the counter at Subway looking at her hands. She started to panic a little. When she was getting rung up the cashier complimented her on her ring. She came out of the store and told me what happened. I just kissed her forehead and told her that what just happened she'll need to get used to. Then she looked at me, "Of all the times you don't go in somewhere with me, this happens." She's still insecure about going places totally en femme, but is working her way up to it. Though she loved having her nails painted.

I had mine done professionally yesterday and my GF said that they look sooo much better than they did.
    There are more and more men having it done anymore, so I'm not worried. There was another guy getting his done there too. He was maybe 22 YO and so was his girlfriend that was having a pedi.

Don't worry. It's a normal thing anymore.
    Millionaires got there by looking like millionaires! It's OK to be pampered. Really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's nice to hear that people are accepting of painted nails on men, but I'm curious, any negative reactions (I'm not sure if this should be split to a new thread, so if you want it moved, steffie, just say so :)

I will on occasion have some one ask me about my acrylic nails. So far I have not had any negitive reactions. I even had this one lady tell her husband that some men do keep their nails nice. Got dagger eyes from him LOL.
    Just recently I had my full salon visit. Pedicure/toe nail polish/maincure/fill/eyebrow wax and this time I had my tech put a light coat of polish on my nails. Someone had mention that Sally Handsons Cotton Candy was a good color. It is a light Pink and is very sutle. I found a bottle and now wear it.