Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you quit if you could?

Would you quit if you could?

I understand that this question may raise some controversy, I don't want to stir things up. But If you were given the opportunity to quit crossdressing, to have a magical moment where everything went 'poof' and your desire to dress was gone forever. Would you take it? I know for me, sometimes it just complicates my life. As of late, I have kind of wished that I never got into this mess. So my question stands, would you quit if you could?

Ronda_Kaye

Smile would you quit if you could

Simply, NO

CDKathy

Thumbs up

My simple answer would be no.

But this question is anything but simple. Would I be giving up a part of my personality in order to stop? That part of me that expresses love, compassion, tenderness, etc.?

Yes, the act of dressing, by itself, is a complication in my life that I could probably do without. Yet the feelings of relaxation and contentment, to name a few, are not something I would be willing to let go of unless there was some other way to achieve those same feelings.

Besides, why would I ever want to go back to wearing those harsh, scratchy MALE clothes anyway.

Elinor

Thumbs up Crossdressing is WONDERFUL

Well the answer no ! I love and enjoy wearing a dress or skirt too much to give it up. It's wonderful being girlie in a skirt wearing high heels.
    If I wished to give it up I would not be here but trying to see {Waste of time} someone about stopping. I don't wish to stop I what to continue being feminine Elinor who wears her skirts with pride.

i don't think so, it's way too much fun. it only complicates your life if you let it. i'm glad i've had the oppurtunity to experience the whole package. what it's like to walk around in high heels, skirts, dresses, what it's like to do your makeup and become someone else for an hour, someone exciting and sexy, instead of always being your old boring, conservative self. its something that most people will never have the pleasure of trying out. when i was younger i thought it was this huge burden and i was a freak, as i've grown older and shared it with my wife (and got some therapy) i realize that's its just a fun, harmless thing to do. some people play golf, i slip into a skirt, dress and make up and click around the house for a bit. who would give that up?

Life Traveller

Would I Quit CD'ing?

Jill:
    Its so so so much a part of who/what I am..its an integral part of my psyche, of my emotional self - R

Aspiring Member
    Hi Girls,

There is no way I'd give up dressing, feeling those soft, light feminine skirts draping my soft, newly waxed legs (yes, done my first waxing this evening, didn't hurt as much as I expected), the feeling of being pretty, the look of female clothes, the feel of long hair hanging down my back. Why would I want to give up those lovely feelings.

PS. Allison Vamp, I love your avitar - great hair & dress

I have tried to quit before. Did it for about 4yrs. But now I am back and I love the feeling I get when I get all made up. I think that quitting as a CDer is like smoking; you will more than likely go back.

Departed

No!

That's like saying would I cut off my right arm. It's an integral part of who I am and has made me a better person.

Thumbs up Would I give up dressing if I could?

That is an interesting and somewhat complicated question! Thirty or fourty years ago I would have said yes and stopped in a New York minute. I was in enough self imposed agony that I would have done anything to quit! Now, I'm at peace with myself and what I do, so my answer now would be no.

Vivian

CDKathy
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH
    I think that quitting as a CDer is like smoking; you will more than likely go back.
    Actually, I don't think that's a valid comparison. I quit smoking cold. No gum, no patches, no hypno, no gimmicks. I just told myself "I'm not going to smoke TODAY". I did that each day. That was over seven years ago. I stopped the mantra after about six months. I have no desire and feel no need to ever smoke again.

I tried something similar with dressing. The result... well, most of you have read my posts. I pretty much live in girls clothing 24/7/365.

I would have to say NO. The biggest reason would be having found that I am not the only one. Before finding this out I may have said yes.
    H & K
    Jenny K

Quitting

Many of us have tried but always returned. I suppose you could say "Can a leopard change its spots?" I am content

Hugs
    Joanne

ooxxoo

Quote Originally Posted by CDKathy
    Actually, I don't think that's a valid comparison. I quit smoking cold. No gum, no patches, no hypno, no gimmicks. I just told myself "I'm not going to smoke TODAY".

What I am trying to say is that if you want to quit CDing you can if you want. BUT like smoking it gets harder the longer you do it and how much it is apart of your life. Yes there are going to be people that can quit cold turkey and there are people that will CD (smoke) until they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_740
    Hi Girls,

There is no way I'd give up dressing, feeling those soft, light feminine skirts draping my soft, newly waxed legs (yes, done my first waxing this evening, didn't hurt as much as I expected), the feeling of being pretty, the look of female clothes, the feel of long hair hanging down my back. Why would I want to give up those lovely feelings.

PS. Allison Vamp, I love your avitar - great hair & dress

i admit, it's not me, but looks very similar when i'm dressed up (unless i'm wearing the fuschia wig) i'm going to use it until i can get a real picture up there.

oh yeah.... one more thing

the worse thing about trying to quit (or kidding yourself about it) is throwing away your stuff and having to start all over again, cuz you know you will. i lost a great matching green velvet bra and panty set, a short suede skirt and long black dress. sigh. never again.

Maxine
    Another no here, It's just too much of a thrill for me to dress up to give it up.

Likely not!

Although my crossdressing has negative aspects associated with it, I find it both exhilerating as well as relaxing. Crossdressing has been a part of my life for most of my life. I know that I would dearly miss the thrill I always get when I take out my feminine garments to begin the process and the image of my body encased in the elegant lace of fine lingerie.

No, definitely not! I love being different; I love being a crossdresser!

Paula J.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

CDKathy
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyH
    What I am trying to say is that if you want to quit CDing you can if you want.
    Here is a quote from a person on a similar thread in a different forum:
    Yes you can stop cross-dressing, I did for eight years, but you can not stop being a cross-dresser. there is a hidden price that you will pay. If you can get unhooked how will you get your needs met that cross-dressing meets. That is the only way to get unhooked, Show me that way and I will stop in a heat beat, but I will not be holding my breath on that one.
    Unlike smoking, dressing is NOT an addiction. It is manifested by those aspects of your personality that society forces males to supress in everyday life. Those personality traits demand attention.

How many here have had to supress your desire to dress for long periods due to the circumstances of your life at the time. Of those, how many suffered some level of depression or anxiety attacks or mood swings. These are the "hidden price" mentioned in the quote above.

I smoked for over 35 years and quit, cold, in a day. But, even with therapy back in my teens, I was unable to quit dressing. I'm now 51 and have been dressing off and on since I was 5 or 6. I've been through the purging and buying cycle more times than I can count.

So, if someone offered me a pill that would "cure" me of crossdressing, I would have to ask if it would take away those aspects of my personality that reflect my feminine side. If so, I would respectfully decline.

Aspiring Member
    No i most certanily would not being cd is the only way to be and go!. That's all!.

No

I've wrestled with this question all of my life. I had a preacher convince me it was wrong and I sold off all of my clothes. I had a wife (ex) convince me that I was sick... so I sold all of my clothes again ... wait, I said sold ... wrong ... dropped a bag off at Goodwill.

Now i realize that I am exactly who I should be and embrace my fun and games. I'm keeping the clothes I have and wouldn't take an "anti-crossdressing pill" if one was offered.

Smile Why???

What kind of question is that!?

Why would anyone want to "quit" being themselves. How do you do that???
    How could you do that?

What makes life worth living?? Now, there's a better question.

Happiness is one thing I can think of. And dressing is what does it for me.

People are too focused on getting other people to act or be the way they want them to be, thinking it will make their lives better. But what it is doing is making others miserable therefore making their own lives miserable.
    That way we end up with a bunch of miserable people.

Word of advise: Just be yourselves and make yourselves happy. Don't worry about making others happy.
    Your happiness will more likely spread making others happy (As we have plainly seen on this website).

Luv'
    Gabrielle
    Lovin' every minute of it!

I have quit many times; but in the back of my mind, I know it is only a temporary thing. I've given away so much beautiful lingere. I sometimes wish that it would go away forever but more often I wish that I could dress fulltime. The inconvenience of dressing in secret is offset by the way I feel
    when I am dressed. I will probably pause again; but, when the lingere ads in
    the paper are the first thing I look at, I know that I am hooked for life.

claira

Smile quitting

no,ihave tried and always went back. thrown all the stuff away.its a good thing that it was only panties that i threw away.i dont dress all the way up.just wear a lot of panties.