Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild speculation: If you could change into a genetic girl would you?

Wild speculation: If you could change into a genetic girl would you?

Don't know if this has been asked before. Genetic research is advancing very fast.

If there was a process to change you into a genetic girl (except reproductive organs) would you do it?

Speculation: This is how I think it could be done in the future.
    Stage 1: A process reverts your body to the form you had at about age 12. This doesn't mean you lose height just the masculine structure.
    Stage 1a: The sexual organs are reverted to pre-birth state into the female pathway.

Stage 2: A genetically engineered non-reproducing vector (that's like a virus that carries what we tell it to) introduces the relevant parts of the X chromosome into all your cells and excises the Y chromosome from all your cells.

Stage 3: The puberty process is initiated which will mature your body into a genetic girl taking about 5 years.

I know this is really wild speculation but I think it is possible in the future.

Sounds more like a good plot for Outer Limits!! Lol. And I guess given enough money you could do anything possible but why? We are born how were born.. And if that's somewhere between two genders then so be it...

I sure wouldn't want to be a GG!! I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

Case in point.. Spent most of my 4th holiday with the son working on his old Camry.. Real father son time and it was great... And I have an ice hockey game tonight but Tuesday I'm off on a business trip and I'll be enfemme for a day or two!! So got to learn to cope with the cards that are dealt you and make the best of them!! I do for sure..

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-05-2007 at 09:07 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

I am with Karen wholeheartedly on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Sounds more like a good plot for Outer Limits!! Lol. And I guess given enough money you could do anything possible but why? We are born how we'ree born.. And if that's somewhere between two genders then so be it... I sure wouldn't want to be a GG!! I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

Karren
    I am thrilled to be who and what I am, Thank God, I would not change a thing. I love having my cake and eating it too!

That is how I feel about it.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Sounds more like a good plot for Outer Limits!! Lol. And I guess given enough money you could do anything possible but why? We are born how we'ree born.. And if that's somewhere between two genders then so be it... I sure wouldn't want to be a GG!! I'm having way too much fun in both genders to have to pick just one for ever!!

Karren
    Actually believe it or not there was an episode in outer limits with this exact plot although my description is more scientifically accurate.

You don't have to choose one gender forever. You can switch between the two although a limited number of times.

Not this gurl that's for sure. I much prefer being able to LOOK like a woman without having to BE a woman. I honestly don't think I could handle all the stress and such that GG's have to deal with on a regular basis. The ability to change my outward appearance at will by the clothing I wear is enough of a change for me.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I dunno, DNA is unpredictable. Introducing a specifically designed virus into a person could have undetermined results. I realize it's fiction but the case of The Incredible Hulk comes to mind. Any outside agent that can influence DNA is a wild card at best. It would probably be more feasible (!?) to introduce nano probes with a specific programmed function in mind, then they could build and rebuild at the cellular level. Still, being machines, they would not be infallible and could cause possible mutations. In the words of Victor Frankenstein:"I've created a monster." Think I'll just stick to the old fashioned way if I ever decide to transition or better yet, for myself, just remain a part time "woman". Seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    Not this gurl that's for sure. I much prefer being able to LOOK like a woman without having to BE a woman. I honestly don't think I could handle all the stress and such that GG's have to deal with on a regular basis. The ability to change my outward appearance at will by the clothing I wear is enough of a change for me.

Kandis
    Being a genetic girl isn't stressful. It all depends on your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    I dunno, DNA is unpredictable. Introducing a specifically designed virus into a person could have undetermined results. I realize it's fiction but the case of The Incredible Hulk comes to mind. Any outside agent that can influence DNA is a wild card at best. It would probably be more feasible (!?) to introduce nano probes with a specific programmed function in mind, then they could build and rebuild at the cellular level. Still, being machines, they would not be infallible and could cause possible mutations. In the words of Victor Frankenstein:"I've created a monster." Think I'll just stick to the old fashioned way if I ever decide to transition or better yet, for myself, just remain a part time "woman". Seems to work.
    DNA is far from being unpredictable. Results are known very well about what viruses do and how for specific viruses. Nanoprobes are science fiction.
    Last edited by Holly; 07-05-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT button.

I'd be happy with a full body outfit that would give me a female body complete with all the plumbing.

Hugs,
    Kelsie

I would do it for sure if your going back to pre birth genitals why can't you have reproductive capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    I'd be happy with a full body outfit that would give me a female body complete with all the plumbing.

Hugs,
    Kelsie
    That's possibly easier to do than the genetic transformation but it requires better nano manufacturing than what we have now.

I guess everyone noticed I'm a scientist at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by brittanny View Post
    I would do it for sure if your going back to pre birth genitals why can't you have reproductive capabilities
    The most important reason is not to introduce altered genomes into the world population.
    Last edited by Holly; 07-05-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Merged 2 cinsecutive posts. Please use the EDIT button.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    I'm sure if medical knowledge continues at its present pace of advances you'll see something of sorts very close to that...After all Dr's in Japan now use our own cells to produce breast augumentations...

Why should we not be able to change gender...

To answer your question, I think its a bit late in life for me to consider anything of the sorts, but give me 25 or 30 years back...I'd jump a the chance...

Sign me up for sure. I always wanted to be female not just trying to look it.

Bonnie

Smile

This is an interesting idea. I would rather trade bodies with a women of my choice (as long as she were ok with it) and try that for a day. My luck would be that she would not want to trade me back.
    Oh Well ............. I would manage I am sure Jolene

Yes

Nothing more to add just a whopping YES. Of course I would be a lesbian so thats ok
    Last edited by Staci G; 07-05-2007 at 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    I'm sure if medical knowledge continues at its present pace of advances you'll see something of sorts very close to that...After all Dr's in Japan now use our own cells to produce breast augumentations...

Why should we not be able to change gender...

To answer your question, I think its a bit late in life for me to consider anything of the sorts, but give me 25 or 30 years back...I'd jump a the chance...
    If science can provide the ability to revert a body to pre-puberty state than getting back 25 to 30 years is childsplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    This is an interesting idea. I would rather trade bodies with a women of my choice (as long as she were ok with it) and try that for a day. My luck would be that she would not want to trade me back.
    Oh Well ............. I would manage I am sure Jolene
    Jolene that is practically impossible.
    Last edited by Holly; 07-05-2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts. Use the EDIT button.

Becoming a woman and being 25 years old again! I'm going to start saving my pennies right now.

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie D View Post
    Becoming a woman and being 25 years old again! I'm going to start saving my pennies right now.

Bonnie
    It might be 30 years before something like this is available.

Is there a setting that would make women's jeans diappear? Lol

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar

It works! Well allmost...

Hey girls, they have actually been working at this for a long long time! Didn't you know? I was one of the first persons they tried it on and look what happened to me: in stead of becomming a REAL girl I'm now some sort of a freak! I'm still a guy on the outside but I want to wear fem clothing! I even want to use makeup!! Can you imagine that!
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    Karren, you bad girl. Stop. I love my jeans.

And I have NO desire to switch back and forth. Change me tomorrow and I'm the first in line.

But I am changing. Slowly, it's true, but it's happening. With a little help from present day medical science (real science, not fantasy) I am gaining what you girls are just dreaming about. Hee, hee!

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Quote Originally Posted by cin View Post
    You don't have to choose one gender forever. You can switch between the two although a limited number of times.

That would be my ideal, but with no limits. (And I'd like to be ten years younger, every ten years!) But, on a practical note, I have used this question on first or second dates to gauge how accepting a potential girlfriend is. If she thinks it would be cool to be able to switch genders back and forth at will, I become more optimistic. If she thinks it is a weird idea, I am less likely to ask her out again.

Michelle

I have a sci-fi novel where once a year everyone has their brainwaves stored incase of death, then a new body is grown and your brainwaves re-implated. In the novel, there is a chapter where one of the hero's get killed and goes thru recontruction as it is called. The problem is someone got his body order mixed up and he ended up as a female. Since it was against the law kill yourself, he had to live this life as a female. The only exception was after age 100 you could get a new younger body. Each reconstruction put you back to the age of 18. He would have to wait 83 years to switch back to a male. LOL

Why not just get Spock to beam you up and tell him to leave a few bits out

Home Business Executive mellisa's Avatar

Why

All things concidering, why the hell would someone want to be a women??? I love the freedom and comfort of the clothes! Thats it. Mellisa
    best when dressed for the office

I had a dream just like this several months ago. The trip to the hospital was caused by an accident and the virus infection was unintentional but I was still disappointed when I woke up to my real world. Hugs, Kathy