Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I dress?

Why do I dress?

I knew I liked girls clothes from a young age and I was good at not revealing this desire to anyone.

I was always good in sports and seemed to fit in with the guys.

However dressing was my safe haven. I can't believe I was prone to this at the age of 5.

To me crossdressing is a core part of my personality that needs to be expressed even if secretly.

I also feel better when I dress. I have purged and bought, purged again and bought again only to purge again so I could buy again to wear what I missed wearing because I purged one to many times!

I also appreciate girls/women and am very happy being a guy. A guy who loves women and has a thing for wearing dresses.

So I pose the question, Why do you dress?

emmi

Great Question

I wish I knew the answer. I was always curious about womens undergarments but never knew why. In puberty I was fascinated with older girls that wore a lot of make up and smoked on the bus. I think I put these together to where I wanted to wear the panties and such...and I wanted to look like these ****ty girls. That is how it started now I want to look like a soccer mom...
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Awesome question. It's really hard to explain. I just dress because I want to. I have a desire to do it, and I am me and I am going to be me. I have tried to explain it to my friends, although they totally don't understand they still support me 100% because they see my confidence and passion in what I do. It's very exciting, and like you, I just feel confortalble and happy when I'm "dressed to kill."

Like the old apple jacks commercials, why do you kids like apple jacks, because "we just do!"

I am just me and I am not afraid to express it.

Feeling so good en femme! Miss Lulu's Avatar

Why?

Because it's in your blood!
    You have this desire and it brings you in your safe haven. You said it yourself: "It's the core part of your personality". Why fight it?
    Miss Lulu

Because I love it love it love it... And I can't stop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Basically, because I can.

I do it because I like the way the material feels and I just think that men styles are too restrictive. So, I dress in the privacy of my home. No one knows the difference. And as for now, I like being in the closet about it.

I do it because it is an expression of my total self. I am 25 years happily married, and have no plans on trying to explain myself any further than the fact that it is the real me.

Becase use I'm driven too.....

Don't know why and don't really care why since even if I knew why, it wouldn't change a thing... I'd still crossdress.... So I feel that it's not really worth the time and effort to persue something that, if known, won't effect anything in my life going forward.....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Next best thing

It's a matter of coming close to Being, a semi-fulfillment of that Wannabee desire that's always haunted me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    It's a matter of coming close to Being, a semi-fulfillment of that Wannabee desire that's always haunted me.

And all this time I thought it was because you liked the sound of a big bustle?? hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

because its part of me

I started dressing at 7 with nylons anf felt so girly. I liked that feeling and went all the way. I like connecting with that part of myself and I think we can all say the same thing.
    sarah

i don't even care at this point in time i just enjoy it to much

susie

I crossdress because I love the feel of womens clothes and the much softer and more clingy fabrics, plus I get a real buzz out of it

It is who I am and after years if being in the closet, it is time for me to be true to myself.

Eileen

It is just part of my personality. I have loved it since being a child. When I was 27 and 140 pounds, I lived as Janice for a while, but realized that living as a woman was really not for me.

Why dress? I do not know.
    Janice Ailene:

Silver Member
    Because these are the clothes I want to wear. Like Karren, I too feel that it can be a waste of time to try and figure out why. That's a very masculine trait, this trying to figure out the why of everything, just relax, let go, and enjoy it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

One could think too much

When I think of why I like women's clothes and hair and lipstick I get all confused. But when I buy a dress or new shoes, what a thrill! And when I put them on, I am just happy.

Valerie

To deepen my sense of self, to stop cutting myself off from feelings and emotions that i can feel, and love. Feeling dainty and beautiful just plain feels good to me, then again so does feeling manly and strong. To deepen my sense of self

is in her vest
    I really have never had any idea why I have these desires and feelings. I have always been this way, and I have often wondered why I would want to do something which appears ultimately so strange and peculiar to all except maybe other crossdressers. I just figured that I was issued a female brain by mistake...either that or a male body by mistake????......all I can honestly answer is that I don't understand why I do this, which is why I think others must be scratching their heads as to why I do this sort of thing too....somedays I am just a little mixed up over this....otherdays I am completely confused!!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I feel the same way about Make-up. Lipstick especially. Love the way Red lipstick looks and feels.

What an awesome post.
    I don't know either, but I love doing it. The undressing and dressing, the clothes, underwear, shoes, casual or formal.
    Way out theory...I read most humans use around 25% of their total brain power.......maybe WE use 50% and enjoy both sides of the possible?!?
    Or I could be wrong. Thanks for the question, Emmi!
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Toyah View Post
    I crossdress because I love the feel of womens clothes and the much softer and more clingy fabrics, plus I get a real buzz out of it
    That about sums it up for me too....I guess if I really knew, maybe I could stop!

I crossdress because I like the feel of womens clothing on my body.

After years of trying to understand and trying to stop it loads of times. Buying clothes and throwing them away. I still can't drive or walk past a shop with dresses in the window without looking. How do I dare to walk in a shop and buy a new skirt ?
    I have no choice, can't live with out it.
    As a man I am frustrated and bored, but as a woman I glide
    When I told my GF she more or less started treating me as a woman straight away and I new I had found the light in the darkness, without her I had really struggled. All I know is I have hidden parts to myself that I am lucky enough to see and use. I now realize that nothing is black and white (apart from loads and loads of lingerie) .everything is in colour.
    Just alot of pink Te He.