Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you still wear a skirt if it was accepted?

I read that so many of you say that you will wear a skirt when it becomes accepted.

You need to wear them now, otherwise the acceptance will never happen.

If it is warm where you are living, what is your excuse?
    If anyone asks me why I am wearing a skirt - I will be honest and say that it is too hot for jeans, a skirt is much cooler.

Besides, it looks good on me!

Quote Originally Posted by DianaGomez View Post
    Obviously! I dont dress because its forbidden! I do it because I love the clothes, how I feel and how it makes me look! I wish it were accepted!
    The reason most of us wear dresses and skirts isn't because it is forbidden, but because skirts and dresses are by and large used by women in our Estern world culture. And in other cultures where men wear dresses, there are masculine dresses and feminine dresses... So even there, X-dressing makes sense since it is a desire to wear clothes that are usually worn by the other sex individuals.

For me wearing a Scottish skirt like Scotsmen do some times, would not make me feel good at all. And this is not because it would be permitted, but because it wouldn't be feminine...

What I wish to be accepted by our society would be that men who feel like wearing women clothes be allowed to do so, not that a men fashion would be invented to make skirts acceptable for men...

Eugenie
    Last edited by Eugenie; 07-07-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Just try and sop me.

I'll wear a skirt even if it wasn't accepted,it's all about me in women's clothing.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

I guess we could up the anty.What you do if one day you could completely dress

I guess we could take this out further. What if you woke up and you could decide to dress completely as either gender. There were no rules/no stigmas just what was right to he/she.Good point about dresses too, but what about bra's,panties ,slips nd,pantyhose?
    Sarah

Yes. bit only completely dressed as a lady.

I would never go out, partially dress, where everyone could tell I was a guy in a dress, or skirt. I would only go out, in wig, makeup, hose, heels, dress, or top, and skirt. Never as a man in a dress.

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    My CDing is deeply rooted in my desire to be feminine.

If CDing was no longer taboo I would do it more often and as a result of practice my desire would become nature. It can only increase at this point.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah378619 View Post
    I guess we could take this out further. What if you woke up and you could decide to dress completely as either gender. There were no rules/no stigmas just what was right to he/she.Good point about dresses too, but what about bra's,panties ,slips nd,pantyhose?
    Sarah

I'd perform the fastest makeover on record and go running out the door to the mall!!
    Hugs, Andi

Pedal Steel Guitar Player Patricia Danielle's Avatar
    You bet cha! Skirts are just more comfortable and lots cooler than jeans in the summer and not near as confining..Patricia..
    I have COFFEE life is good!!

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized the lights are on, but nobodys home?

Lifes not mesured by how many breaths we take, but rather by how many moments take out breaths away!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuki_Warpetal View Post
    My CDing is deeply rooted in my desire to be feminine.

If CDing was no longer taboo I would do it more often and as a result of practice my desire would become nature. It can only increase at this point.
    This is exactly how I feel. Like you my desire is to be feminine, not only to wear a skirt or a dress.

If women were completely stopping to wear skirts and dresses I wouldn't wear them anymore. But let's hope that it will never happen

So using the exact question at the begining of this thread: "But what if one morning you woke up and men wearing womens clothes was accepted, not only accepted but in." As a fashion, these would most likely be designed for men and I would certainly not wear these "men skirts". I would still seek for "women skirts" (and tops too).

Eugenie
    Last edited by Eugenie; 07-08-2007 at 02:28 AM.

rAiNbOw_BaLlErInA KirstyChibiMoon's Avatar

Yes!

i just really hate pants!
    even girls pants!

and i dont care if it is accepted or not...
    ive done jury duty as a LG/CD goto all my appointments to include the VA hospital (Im retired US Army)

my wife (mommie) and i even spent 10 days @ disney world... amd i didn't bring a single stitch of boys clothes.

C R Y S T A L T W I N K L E Y E L L !
    < < < < < deep curtsey > > > > >
    K i r s t e n C h i b i u s a M o o n
    Kirsty's Home Page

You bet but only if all the other female trappings (bras, slips, panties, nylons) could go along with it. Somehow, I have the feeling that IF this change of thinking ever came about, it would be likened to opening the doors to the cages in a zoo. I'd sure like to see it happen but I doubt it will in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah378619 View Post
    I know it won't happen.But what if one morning you woke up and men wearing womens clothes was accepted, not only accepted but in. Would you lose your desire or would you be happy. I would be so happy because it is a part of me. I would wear skirts 5 times a week.But, I also know that we are all different. Just curious,
    Sarah
    I would be overjoyed,I love to wear mini skirts&pantyhose&heels

Yes I would because the skirts for men would be drab not short cute or lacy. And definitely not en femme.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    I would love the fact that I could wear a skirt and pantyhose...but in the long run I would more than likely get arrested for flashing when i saw another pretty gurl dressed as I.
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

If the question means would you wear a "Men's Skirt" if they were acceptable?
    I would.
    If the question means would you wear a women's skirt it was acceptable?
    I would.
    If it means would you wear a unisex skirt if it was acceptable?
    I would.

Do I wear skirts now? Yes when I'm in female mode and occasionally when in male mode.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenie View Post
    I think part of our interest in X-dressing comes from our willingness to act and be like people of the other sex. For that we depend a lot upon using some stereotypes of feminity.

Skirts are but one example of such stereotypes.
    Eugenie, you have enlightened me with that comment. Thank you. You have put words on thoughts I have been trying to put words to.

Our culture lacks a transgendered stereotype. Partly because the phenomenon is more "in the closet" than "out", and partly because transgender covers such a broad spectrum.

If I could dress in my lavender blouse, skirt and heels and be accepted as just another transgendered person without having to fend of the camp, gay, degenerate, wierd, perverted or any other stereotypes that do not apply to me, but come to many peoples minds before TG comes to mind, then I most definately would.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

Banned Read only
    Of course I'd wear a skirt!
    I wouldn't want to change the
    habits of a lifetime.
    And of course being Scottish
    if I absolutely have to dress as
    a man I can wear a kilt.
    I live in a very civilised country.

Love

Angela

Just as so many others who have replied I would like a shot. Skirts ARE much more comfortable, warm in winter and cool in summer.
    I also think that many who don't consider themselves CD would do so as well If I am to judge by the number of guys who grab the chance to don a lunghi when on holiday in the far East and India whoops got carried away by the

wearing a skirt

It is sort of fitting to have found this, but just yesterday I was thinking about posting on this subject. So if we are ever going to be accepted just as women were when they started to wear pants what are we going to do about it. I am not talking about going around trying to look like a woman, just being able to wear a skirt in public is all I ask. I am 60 and if it is going to happen in my life time we need to act now. How about a wear a skirt day, all of us pick a day or a week and wear your skirt while doing your everyday thing. Working - going to the mall etc. It is time for the people of noth america to see us out there. Thoughts on this please. With this hot weather I want to wear my skirt. Bobbie Anne

already do

i do wear skirts a lot. outside, inside...i guess i reached the point where i simply don't care what others think. my wife and step kids totally accept me. my family accepts me. that's all that really matters in the big picture.

i know...i'm very lucky. i don't let a day go by without reminding myself of that fact.

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    I would......but I would still dress "en femme" as well.

It's so much more than skirts for me....
    Fun loving skirt wearer

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Yep! That makes it even better. I can be seen and enjoyed by more people, which lets them open up for me to see and enjoy. Everybody wins!

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I only would wear a skirt as a girl. I don't even like kilts as a guy.

Wouldn't even need to think about it. A big definite YOU BET I WOULD!!!!