Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving in high heels: easy or scary?

Driving in high heels: easy or scary?

I like to drive in heels and have usually found it to be straightforward, but I might keep a flat pair of shoes in the car to swap in to for longer journeys.

In the early days before I had really got used to heels on the pedals (3 of them in the UK!!) I sometimes had to kick them off and drive without any shoes at all in stockinged feet.

What do you do...??

Becky
    xxx

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

low heels

Although high heels, (and 3" heels are my limit) I find that a lower heels works better.

I can comfortably drive in shoes with a 1 1/2 - 2" heels or so.
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't wear flat shoes to drive in. If I'm the one who's driving (usually my wife drives) I drive in whatever I'm wearing for my outfit. However, I can't safely drive in anything higher than 4 inches becuase it hurts my ankle after a while. If there's a time when we're going out to a club or bar or whatever and I want to wear my five inch heels to "sex it up" a little then my wife Marla always drives.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 07-06-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I can drive in 4" heels easily. It is so much fun to change into heels after work and drive home feeling like Karyn. I like to wear a woman's jacket when I drive in heels, too.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

I never could drive in heels, always kicked them off and put them back on when I got to my destination on the rare occasions that I wore them, but I usually wear low heels or flats anyway, as I'm so *!#@ tall.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar
    Funny, when I was young and wore heels, (the higher the better) with everything, I had no problem driving with heels. Now that I am older and dealing with the distraction of driving with 5 kids in the van, I aim for comfort above all. Flip flops or bare feet!

Dee

From experience, start low and then go high. Heels that is. I almost wrecked my truck in 4 inch heels...Start with flats, then got to heels.
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

4" heels Mustang GT, top down cluch and all. But, getting into the car still takes some patients.....

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

4 inch heels

with a platform and no problems. But you must pay attention to what you are doing and remember if they are comfortable, they are still high heels so don't forget that.

NW Indiana (Chicago for all intents and purposes
    For short trips the heels don't particularly bother me, but I have a tendency to kick my shoes off in the car no matter what sort of footwear I'm wearing. Stockinged feet are the most comfortable for me.

I've noticed two things about wear 4" plus heels while driving though, on longer trips my ankle starts to hurt from the relatively odd angle that I have to hold my foot and, I also tend to pick up scuffs on the heels if I drive in tall shoes.

I can drive in heels up to 6", its the highest heeled shoe I own but I can drive in them perfectly fine. I actually feel more comfortable driving in the higher heels then I do in lower heels, flats, or even plain guy shoes.

I don't have any problem driving in heels, but I can't seem to drive in those flip-flops that everybody loves. The darn things keep slipping off my feet.

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    Don't know how it is in the rest of the world but here (in Switzerland) you can get into big trouble when you build an accident driving in heels. Insurance companies are know to have cut on their payments. They argue (understandably) that your feet are not as secure on the floor in high heels as in "normal" shoes and that because of that you can't use your brake as you should. So take care when you want to spend your holidays here ;o)
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The first time I drove wearing heels it was a rather interesting experience. Felt really different for about the first 1/2 hour, but surprisingly I got accustomed to it quite quickly. Since then (almost 2 years ago now) I had many occassion to be "driving in heels". Have worn my 4" ers many times.
    Just two weeks ago I went out for the day with my GG sister and another "lady" for a day of shopping. That day I wore just my 2" heeled shoes. (sensible shoes for shopping all day) I got elected to drive my sisters car. A Saturn Vue with "standard" shift. Hadn't driven a clutch in many years, but just like riding a bicycle, you never forget. Loads of fun
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

It's an acquired skill. Just takes practice and patience that's all. Your feet have to "learn" how to accommodate heels while driving.

Never was a problem for me.

I keep a pair or two in the car to take in the truck when driving. I love to drive in them, they feel ohh sooo delightfull!

Please do not drive in high heels. You are putting yourself and others at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky10 View Post
    I like to drive in heels and have usually found it to be straightforward, but I might keep a flat pair of shoes in the car to swap in to for longer journeys.

In the early days before I had really got used to heels on the pedals (3 of them in the UK!!) I sometimes had to kick them off and drive without any shoes at all in stockinged feet.

What do you do...??

Becky
    xxx
    3 shoes/feet?
    we have stick shift vehicles here in the US as well.

I take my shoes off to drive unless Im wearing flip flips, work boots or tennis shoes.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

driving in high heels

It takes some getting used to but I drive in heels a lot since I like to wear them as often as I can and nobody can see your feet while driving. It's the same thing with learning to walk in heels, it all takes practice so come on girls let's all get out there and practice, practice and practice!!

Since most of the heels I own or wear are more "sensible" (2 - 3 inch) I don't have any problem driving in them at all. Though it did take some getting used to when I was driving a manual transmission vehicle.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I tried driving in everything from 1/2" to 4" heels and wedges and found that once I got used to the different positioning of my foot on the pedals, it was easy for me to drive.

I almost always wear 3" heels when I go out and have never had a problem driving with them. Ocassionally I'll wear 4" heels but nothing higher. Too hard on the feet when I'm shopping.
    Kisses, Linda

I drive in high heals and i seem to be comfortable in them while i'm driving,my knees sometimes go to hurting but they hurt even with flat shoes.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

drove 200 miles in high heels this weekend......I love it..........just a bit afraid not to be stoped by the police and not have time to change.....!I would wear heels all time if I could!!!!!!!