Thread: Almost "caught" shopping yesterday

Almost "caught" shopping yesterday

yesterday while driving home from work, I stopped at kohl's on a whim - hoping to find a cute new bra/panty combo.

After wandering through the men's section looking at shirts for a few minutes, I was just about to head into the lingerie when I ran into a girl I had went out with a few times in high school (~6 years ago) putting up the new sale price cards. We shared some awkward (I was in drab, awkward b/c of our "relationship") pleasantries and then I headed out after she turned the corner.

I can only imagine how much more awkward it would have been if I had gone straight to the undies and ran into her while rumaging through the panties.

Anyway, I guess I'll be avoiding that kohl's for awhile.

Who knows.. maybe she would have been all okay with it.. and in fact helped you out with you purchases. Yeah, I know we all have THAT dream, but the truth is, better safe than sorry, though you could have used the excuse of shopping for you SO or something. ~shrug~

Kandis

Years ago a girl I know "cought" me buying lace pantyhose.

Well, I think I was a bit surprised, but the both of us played cool and had a short talk about something else. It was never mentioned again.
    But obviously it had an impact on me, otherwise I wouldn't have a vivid remembrance of this incident.
    Last edited by Marla S; 06-20-2007 at 03:13 PM.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    close call.
    Kohl's does have wonderful undies IMO.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    (pointing at bra & panties...) "These are underwear??? OMG... I thought Kohl's was a HAT shop!! Well!!! Let me just go put these back RIGHT NOW!! So.... Wanna go for some coffee, or something?"
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Too funny... With my son now working at a local department store for the summer and my daughters friends working at Kohl's.. It does hamper my shopping somewhat.. Lickily yhere are 3 Kohl's withing 20 minutes and lots of other stores close to work...

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

hello mandy i got caught buying pantyhose bras panties make-up bye my best female friend and it was cool she said i tryed to lie and say it was for my gf but she said she knew i dress and said i pick out some sexy stuff and will look hot even said she will go to the club with me

samantha

Hay maybe it would have been a good thing
    Angie

Oh the drama........... I am sure you are making much too much of this...if she would have seen you in the ladies section getting bras and panties....she would have thought you were buying for a girl friend..............guys buy girls sexy undies all the time.............So go on...get yourself back to Kohls....and walk right into that department.you don't have to explain why you are in a certain section.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wnc_mandy View Post
    After wandering through the men's section looking at shirts for a few minutes, I was just about to head into the lingerie when I ran into a girl I had went out with a few times in high school (~6 years ago) putting up the new sale price cards.
    This Christmas, I was Back Home, and I was at a department store in a landmark mall close-ish to the house of the good friend I was going to visit that evening. I was wondering through the bra section, glanced up... and there was my good friend and his daughter, coming right down the isle towards me. We did not have any plans to meet there -- he was just there for some last minute Christmas shopping. Fortunately (A) about 5 minutes earlier I had stopped in the washroom and taken off my forms; and (B) I hadn't picked anything up any bras! I didn't even try to explain why I was in the bra section. (But as soon as I saw him there, I thought of the excuse "I'm looking for something for my wife." I'll probably tell him some day... some day his daughter is not around, as she would blab without thinking.)

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton;
    Too funny... With my son now working at a local department store for the summer and my daughters friends working at Kohl's.. It does hamper my shopping somewhat.. Lickily yhere are 3 Kohl's withing 20 minutes and lots of other stores close to work...

Karren
    Karren
    2 words........................Staff discounts

Love
    Edwina

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    though you could have used the excuse of shopping for you SO or something.
    I am of the opinion that there is too much worry about shopping. (And, I live in a relatively small city where I am well known!) I shop when and where I want -- with confidence. The SA's are, 99.999% of the time, more than helpful, if not overtly so. Nobody seems to think it is any big deal once you get into shopping on a frequent basis. Just go for it -- and if you run into somebody like this situation remember (a.) you do not owe them any explanation, and (b.) if you start giving explanations and excuses about what you are doing, that makes you sound guilty. Don't offer up anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara4242 View Post
    I am of the opinion that there is too much worry about shopping. (And, I live in a relatively small city where I am well known!) I shop when and where I want -- with confidence. The SA's are, 99.999% of the time, more than helpful, if not overtly so. Nobody seems to think it is any big deal once you get into shopping on a frequent basis. Just go for it -- and if you run into somebody like this situation remember (a.) you do not owe them any explanation, and (b.) if you start giving explanations and excuses about what you are doing, that makes you sound guilty. Don't offer up anything!
    Oh, I fully agree, normally I will walk in, go straight to the lingerie section, find what I need, and check out. Very little interaction with others and even if it was, very rarely if ever does the subject of my purchases come up.

Kandis

ontario cd

caught

I always say up front, i'm looking to buy something for the g/f

I would have done the same thing. Probably turned red as a beet too.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    I truly believe that "the need to explain" is often a major "tell." It is amazing how many men wouldn't be caught dead shoppig in, let's say, "Victorias Secret" unless it was near Christmas or Valentine's Day. I'm in there so much, that the regular SA's know me by face and seem eager to wait on me! NO, repeat N-O big deal -- if you act like you belong, you'll be accepted without curiosity or question. A friend is the manager of a new Koh's that is very convenient to my work -- but I didn't know this when this newest Kohl's opened in our town. Not too long after their opening, I went in shopping and had picked up a cute dress, a few bras, a skirt, and some earrings -- then I ran into my friend, the manager. We just exchaged pleasantries -- how are you, how is your son (we have son's the same age who played little league togeter) and so on. Not one single sign that she was the slight bit suspicious of anything! (And, she is the type of person who would have said something to somebody had she been "on to me" - and this cty is small enough -- and Peyton Place-enough - that I would have heard about it had she been the least bit suspicious.

Smile

Running into someone I know is my largest fear. I buy most of my things online but lately have been finding some nice things at the thrift store here. Would be much easier in a large city. I could always drive across town to shop.
    Jolene

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    I truly believe that "the need to explain" is often a major "tell." It is amazing how many men wouldn't be caught dead shoppig in, let's say, "Victorias Secret" unless it was near Christmas or Valentine's Day. I'm in there so much, that the regular SA's know me by face and seem eager to wait on me! NO, repeat N-O big deal -- if you act like you belong, you'll be accepted without curiosity or question. A friend is the manager of a new Koh's that is very convenient to my work -- but I didn't know this when this newest Kohl's opened in our town. Not too long after their opening, I went in shopping and had picked up a cute dress, a few bras, a skirt, and some earrings -- then I ran into my friend, the manager. We just exchaged pleasantries -- how are you, how is your son (we have son's the same age who played little league togeter) and so on. Not one single sign that she was the slight bit suspicious of anything! (And, she is the type of person who would have said something to somebody had she been "on to me" - and this cty is small enough -- and Peyton Place-enough - that I would have heard about it had she been the least bit suspicious.
    Sheri, Your friend might be one to tell everyone when she knows something, but remember, you were in her store. There is an unwritten policy in every store--What happens in the store, stays in the store. If any customer believes that they have been talked about, and they were to write to the top, that person doing the talking is history. She may have figured everything out, but she knows not to say anything. Her job could be at stake.

Tom

Don't you just hate that?

I can't shop at the local shopping centre here either because a girl i know works in the phone kiosk right outside my favourite 2 shops.

Sometimes i go and see if she's there and if she's not and i'm cashed up... off i go shopping!
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

almost caught shopping

I never make excuses but thats just me. If I was ever asked I would offer that the items are for me and leave it at that. I am a little bit like Charles Bronson in the Death Wish movies, I almost pray that I get caught and that it's by the biggest blabber mouth I know of, then I would have to come out to all and I could stop hiding in plain sight. It would of course be a huge blow to my family and thats why I also hope to never get caught, what a predicament this is! I don't normally shop in my town and have a lot of favorite stores within a hour drive, many of the sales clerks know me and help with choices and get my sizes when I can't locate them. I am particularly fond of the VS store at SpringHill mall, the girls are wonderful to me.

My female manager almost caught me in Macy's! I was browsing the ladies shoe rack while in drab, after work....and it would have been hard to explain why I was wearing 2" heel womens loafers and a Limited denim jacket at the time! Lucky she wasn't looking my way as I slipped out of the department.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

oh i just lov shopping at kohls for all my lingerie needs.when ever i go in i always have to come out with at least a pair of panties......

I was at Costco recently and couldn't resist putting a package of six pastel bikini panties in my almost empty cart. About two minutes later my daughter, Mandy, and a co-worker (another girl) of hers saw me and started talking to me. I do not know if Mandy saw the panties, (she knows that I crossdress) but nothing has been said.