Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaved legs

I shave my legs all year and wear my shorts in the summer. Go ahead and shave and wear the shorts. If anyone says anything just tell them you hate hairly legs and decided to shave them. You certainly have every right to do as you wish. Personal preferences vary just like any other thing in life.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I've shaved my legs for a few years and if anyone has noticed they haven't mentioned it. I have shaved my arms for six months with the same non-reaction.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I shave my legs 365 days a year, well almost. I drive a bus through Dayton, Ohio and nobody notices or if they do, they don't care. I think people don't care. Only one friend (who does not know about my crossdressing) asked if I shaved them and I told her that I did; I couldn't stand leg hair. She agreed. She hates leg hair. My wife would prefer I didn't shave them but to me it isn't a femme thing, it is more of a comfort. Even she admits leg hair is uncomfortable. I recently got back from a family reunion, many who are in the military and not one person out of 70+ said a word.

I apologize if I offended anybody. I don't want another infraction.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

I keep my legs, chest, and arms shaved all the time. Since I don't have a lot of body hair anyway, wife doesn't notice and I wear shorts on weekends. This last weekend, I even worn my short shorts. They are kinda like bathing trunks. LOL Anyway, they really show off my legs and we went shopping and no one seem to care or notice. Then too that Saturday morning, I got up early, took a shower and shaved my legs real smooth. LOL The only problem was when we started to leave, she stoped me and said, "puts some socks on". I looked down at my feet, My RED toes were showing thru my sandels. LOL She doesn't mind me walking around the house bare footed, but not in public.

Silver Member
    So far, NO ONE has said, "OMG, don't shave your legs, everyone will laugh at you".

I keep mine shaved all year. Only one to say anything was my daughter. I just told her that I hate body hair, which I do. Her response..."cool, I wish my fiance would do the same"...

Smile

Hi JoAnn,

It is too bad that you can't display you red toenails in public. I don't really crossdress, but am more of a fashion freestyler and I live in open-toe sandals and everyone can see my red toenails. Red has become the natural nail color for my toenails.

There are more celebrities wearing nail polish in public such as:

Kate Becansale's husband, Tori Spelling's husband.

Google for "nail polish" or "painted toenails" or "polished toenails" and the following people:

Shaquille O'neil (paints his toes himself, this has been written-up in sports magazines many times)

David Beckham (Also wears sarongs, women's underwear, and pink nail polish)

Chuck Liddel (Ultimate Fight Challenge Champion) has red or bright pink toenails. You can see him on Spike TV with his toenails always displayed.

Since you get professional pedicures, you should definitely wear your red toenails in public in open-toe sandals. It is such a liberating experience to have totally fem toes in male mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I keep my legs, chest, and arms shaved all the time. Since I don't have a lot of body hair anyway, wife doesn't notice and I wear shorts on weekends. This last weekend, I even worn my short shorts. They are kinda like bathing trunks. LOL Anyway, they really show off my legs and we went shopping and no one seem to care or notice. Then too that Saturday morning, I got up early, took a shower and shaved my legs real smooth. LOL The only problem was when we started to leave, she stoped me and said, "puts some socks on". I looked down at my feet, My RED toes were showing thru my sandels. LOL She doesn't mind me walking around the house bare footed, but not in public.

My wife hates it that I shave my legs; my daughter has commented that she likes it (what does she know, she's only 11

Apart from that, I never get comments on the hairless status of my legs. What I get are comments on the raging bulls that are my calves. I've only recently started riding my bike again, and my mother-in-law commented on the fact that they were real cyclist calves. Maybe the rest of my physique then (when properly hidden) matches more of the female body-builder

Kassandra

Wink

[SIZE="3"]I keep mine shaved year round now and like others, nobody's ever said anything and I've never noticed anybody pointing or whispering either. I don't think people really pay attention to that kinda' stuff any more because a lot of "normal" guys shave their legs now for a wide variety of reasons. It's rather chic now to be mostly hairless, so take advantage of it.

And like someone's already said as well, if you become too worried about it, just wear long pants or jeans when neccesary. I wouldn't worry though, odds are, nobody will even notice.

Take care![/SIZE]

I've been shaving the body for over 7 years, and have had two comments. one about 5 years ago by a GG cousin, and one last week by an aquaintence. She (a real GG, and lady) aksed if I shave my legs. Of course I answered with yes I do. She asked if I cycle and i said no, I just prefer to not have hairy legs. SHE SAID HEY THATS COOL, I NEVER DID HAVE TO SHAVE, MY SISTER GOT ALL THE HAIR IN MY FAMILY. WE THEN TALKED, IN FRONT OF and with SEVERAL OTHERS FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES ABOUT SHAVING LEGS. I personally had always dreaded the time that that was going to happen. Ya know what, it was enjoyable, and somewhat educational.
    GO HAIRLESS, it is a lot more comfortable.

Jamie001.......I was going to go out with them showing, but had to please the wife. LOL

Just Do It

As the slogan of a certain athletic shoes manufacturer says: "Just do it"

If people ask why go ahead and tell them you are shaving your legs to save our planet, shaved legs keep you cooler in the summer, you can turn the air conditioner up (or is it down?) by a couple degrees.

Red face Shaving Rash

I've been shaving now for about 3 months. How do you avoid the rash around the pubic area?

Shaving Rash

Quote Originally Posted by Kellicd View Post
    I've been shaving now for about 3 months. How do you avoid the rash around the pubic area?
    I have been shaving for years, here is what works for me. Replace your razor frequently, always shave with the grain first, then shave against the grain a few times afterward while holding your skin taut. I found hair conditioner is a good 'shaving cream'.

Smile Shaving

I shave all over. I shave my arms.legs,chest and private parts. no one has said a hing, including my family doctor and his staff. I also notice that I feel very fresh all the time and I have little on no BO, even after exercising. I wish I had shaved many years ago. It feels so great.

I'm lucky since I'm asian we can get away with not having much body hair. But I've always told my so's in the past that I don't like body hair. I try to shave as often as I can but it's such a pain in the ass! I dunno how girls do it...but yes, I shave regularly and I love it. It makes me feel super sexy.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    At first I had a few people make comments about my hairless legs, but I had an out if you will, where I had gastric bypass, my body doesn't absorbe B12 as a normal body would, thus shots and sublingual tabs for me, but B12 also helps promote healthy hair grown...which also covers the rest of my missing body hair too...

Shaven legs

Megan, come on hun one of the fringe benee's is shaven legs that are smooth to the touch look raviisning in the nite light. If some family member is staring at your legs long enough to not notice any hair then that's one boring party and get out!! Just kidding hope u have a good time and don't forget to shave your legs for the party. Let us know what happens Hugs,

I keep these shaved....
    < - - - - - - -
    365 days a year.
    Nobody says anything.
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

I have been shaved for going on two years, no one has said a word. I too was extremly worried about what people would say.......nothing, nadda, zero, zilch. My wife now comments if my legs get stubbly, therefore i now must keep them shaved smoothed all the time. This winter I will start keeping my arms shaved also. If if were ever to believe that I could stop cd'ing i would probably still stay shaved, it such a much better feeling than being all hairy.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    One of the weird things about getting older -- and I don't know if it's because my body is producing less testosterone, but that would make sense -- is that most of my leg hair disappeared on its own. It's been years since I shaved (starting again in about three days!), but if you see me in shorts you'd think I shaved unless you got up close to my kneecaps with a magnifying glass.

I go to the gym four times a week in shorts, and it is _so_ not an issue. Of course, if I were a hairy guy and had leg stubble it might be more obvious that I was going to some extra trouble.

Hey, that rhymes! "If I had leg stubble, you'd know I go to some extra trouble."

***Jenna***

To shave or not to shave is such a hot topic (legs that is). I love the look and feel of shaved legs so I very much take the view that people can think what they like. Truth is, I don't think people in general are studying our legs (not like they would if we were 20-something GGs!). Also, personally I am not a very hairy man so I don't think my bare legs look odd. I think it would be more of an issue if one were self-conscious about them.
    But the answer for you is to do what you are comfortable with.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by natasha View Post
    I have been shaved for going on two years, no one has said a word. I too was extremly worried about what people would say.......nothing, nadda, zero, zilch. My wife now comments if my legs get stubbly, therefore i now must keep them shaved smoothed all the time. This winter I will start keeping my arms shaved also. If if were ever to believe that I could stop cd'ing i would probably still stay shaved, it such a much better feeling than being all hairy.
    I told a girl at work that I shaved my legs - she just thought that I didn't have very hairy legs - not a big deal!

Mitch

I been shaving everthing for years,legs chest ,arms. The hair doesnt grow like it used to. I can shave once a week now. No one has ever said a thing about my hairless legs or arms. I have had complimants about smooth my legs and arms are, the secret is to moisturize alot. i think it is the reason hair has stopped growing and has thinned.

I was going to stop for the summer but then thought the hell with it and shaved on one seems to have ever notticed
    Angie