Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaved legs

Shaved legs

How many here shave their legs during the summer? How do you find people react to this if they react at all? I ask this because I always shave I am going to my wifes family reunion and i know my leg hair will not be long enough to appear natural in time I am concerned that her family members will notice and say something. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Hi! I shave every morning in the shower. No one has said a thing other then one of my neighbors, but even he had no issues. Even my parents said nothing. Bottom line I really don't care what people think. I am hair free......

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Smile

I shave my legs all year round and usually just wear long pants around certain people who I know would comment. Also, have noticed more guys out in public with shaved legs these days.
    Jolene

Shaved legs year around. Wear shorts at work, only the first day, after shaving, did someone say anything. I see a lot of mens with shaved legs now.

Hi Megan81, I started shaving about 4 years ago and there hasn't been the first bad comment from anyone. I do have one neice that thinks it's real cool, she's 17. You think people notice what you wear or do, but the truth is very few people have a clue what goes on around them. Unless you are dealing with them one on one I dout they will pay any attention at all. Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Shaved Legs

I have been shaving my legs for many years. At this time of the year I wear short skirts,or skorts, and sometimes short shorts most of the time. No one ever says anything about my shaved legs. My dear departed wife knew of course, but the rest of the family doesn't even seem to notice.

BTW, how many of you who shave also put body cream on after shaving? I always do, so my skin is nice and feminine soft!

Sissy

More Girl then man

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Hi Megan,

I keep my legs (and arms) shaved and nobody reacts. If they have noticed then they don't care. However, the only time i feel a little self conscious about it is when its a little to long (stubbly) Then it is most likely to be noticed. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you think your leg hair is too short to look normal then shave just before you go. In my opinion your leg hair would need to be long enough to start to lie flat when wet not to be noticeable as "different". If they are smooth, people might notice, but will just get on with life and probably not think twice about it.

Aspiring Member

Smile

I keep my arms and legs fully shaved year around.

Have been doing this now for well over 3 years, and no one has even made the slightest comment about it

Feels so nice with out the ugly hair, that i will never go back to letting it grow again.

Denise

Smile

I have shaved my legs and arms for quite a long time. I don't know if anyone notices or not. I am not bothered by what they think anyway. There is something to be said about getting older. Your whole outlook changes. Strangers will most likely never see you again. Relatives, well, your stuck with them. So, Go Forth Hairless!!! Lydia

Shave em

As a shaver I have to agree with what the other girls have said. Just shave em off and don't worry about it. I shave armpits, chest, legs and naughty bits on a regular basis at least 3 times a week and i just don't worry what others think

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Silver Member
    It seems quite clear from all the answers on this topic. No one notices and if they do they don't care.

When I first decided I wanted to shave all the time, I spent a few weeks observing other males in public, trying to figure out who shaved and whether I could tell. My little unscientific study revealed to me that you just can't tell, period. Some men have hairy legs, some men don't. Do the ones who don't shave? Listen to me, ---- YOU JUST CAN'T TELL.

So this whole thing is a big non-issue. Shave if you want. Stay hairy if you want. But don't agonize over not shaving because you think it will bother someone else!! It just won't. In the unlikely event that someone has the poor manners to question you about your lack of hair on your legs, just tell them you like it. It won't happen anyway.

And remember, many quite manly men shave their bodies, legs and all, all the time. Swimmers, wrestlers, body builders, bike racers, and models to name a few that come to mind. Just relax and shave if you want.

Haven't we put this issue to bed yet?

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I have had one comment on my legs from one of my wifes friends. It was wow sexy legs, I think she was too far away to notice that they are shaved. It was also the first comment of any kind on my legs. I am on my third summer with shaved legs,and pits. The key is nubbies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are a dead give away. If you have them, wear paints.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

I wouldn't be caught dead with hairy legs and wearing shorts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't shave

I would, if I had anything to shave. My legs have been hair free for about 45 years. And I can count on both hands the number of times that someone has commented on my legs, and the most comments have been in the last few years. And the hair in the armpits stopped growing about 15 years ago, the hair in the bits area and the hair on the chest have thinned out so much that I shave want is left, a couple of times a week. If the rest of the hair on my body would stop growing, I would be a very happen girl..

Meag

I am not as near to my ancestors as most people I guess. I never even had to shave every day until I was nearly 30 so most people who know me think that my legs never grew hair. I have had a couple of wise comments about my hairless legs, but that was actually befor I started shaving them. I agree with everyone else, unless you look like a bear when you get out of the shower in the morning, shave em girl!

Michelle
    You go girl!

Smile

Hi all,

Yes I also shave my legs every day after exercising. Doing this in the summer is somewhat awkward since I do like to wear shorts while in drab mode. If I go to the store in drab mode, I'll wear shorts, but if I go to a get togethers at a friends house, I'll wear long pants. Apparently my wife seems to accept this.

All said, I think it is worth it for those few times that I can get out of the house in girl mode and do some fun girl things like shopping for clothes and makeup.

I did this a few days ago while my wife was out for 6 hours. It was wonderful. I wore a skirt, sandles, and a top. I think I passed fairly well, since no one said anything as I tried clothes on in dressing rooms at different stores.

I keep my legs hair free (waxed) year round. I am not hairy to begin with so no one notices the hair free legs anyway. Also, I check to see if others have hairy bodies so I can compare, and quite frankly I notice a lot of people have very little body hair.So go ahead and shave. The only people who will probably notice are people like me
    Vash
    24th Century Grande Dame

I shave everything all year and go to family reunions visit my daughters even golf in the league at work. And have had only one person ask me and then drop it.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I made the decision to shave..

I was waiting for just after an event with my 8 year old son that involved swimming. He can't swim so I knew I was going in to help him. I held off because I thought it might look funny. Anyway a week before that was the father=son camp out. We stopped at natural bridge sate park and did some hiking. A man and his wife and two daughters was just ahead of us on this very steep trail.

His tanned calves were either shaved or he is a recent radiation treatment survivor! I felt silly for even having worried.

I had planned to keep long pants covering but since I shaved I go everywhere in drab shorts. Yesterday, I was trying on some womens jeans at the thrift store, and realized that under the door all you see is my calves (smooth) and my painted toes. I was in the one of the two out of six stalls reserved for men. only the symbol on the door told the gender inside.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I'm a recent shaving convert and no-one either notices or cares! Except my wife whose still not keen! You can't really wear girlie summer fashions with hairy legs now, can you?

Mitch

Hi megan81 -

I concur with the others that suggest that it does not need to be a concern at all.

Suggestion: Think of some non-chalent reason ahead of time, then if anyone asks, you can brush it off at a seconds notice... that usually works, and that should be the worst case scenario....

id say wear pants if your worried. but personally i do shave and the only people to say anything bad are my father and well myself. my father things im gay or something. as for me i hate when i shave then see that my legs are as white as a ghost. i so need to get a tan or atleast pick up some of that spray on stuff one of these days.

='.'=
    Ja

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    no one has ever noticed

Mine are shaved

I keep mine shaved year round and wear shorts everyday to work, and only have had a few questions. My reply is that I break out from heat rash and the doctor told me that if I shaved my legs more air could get to my skin. No one has ever said a word. I let them grow back in last winter and the hair was very sparse and blonde, so a couple of brazilians ago she waxed my legs and they have been hair free for three months and it feels so much better. Plus, red toenails or pink toenails do not look cute with hair on the legs.

I must add that my Daughters 19 year old BF shaves his legs. Also my kido thinks I am pretty hip dad for keeping my legs clean.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...