Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

When I was younger I grew my hair out for over 3 years. I got it to my bra strap. I would of iiked to have grown it to my waist. I miss it sooo much,but I don't think it would be very thick, even if I grew it out now.
    Sarah

I would only grow my hair to a style of a bob, I find that long hair retains heat and I like to be cool if not cold. I am a perfect north pole dweller.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I'm the oddity here: I love keeping my head shaved. It looks good and feels good. I haven't had hair, other than a wig, for close to five years now

See that's where "The Best of Both Genders" comes in.... I can keep my hair short which is great for summer and hot weather and use any number of wigs to change my looks when ever I want to.... As in choosing one gender forever, being stuck with the same old hair day in and day out would really suck!! For me at least....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    I've got very curly hair, every hairdresser loves it! Problem is: I would love it too, if I could walk around enfemme everyday. The only way to wear it is eather short -male style, like you're-in-the-army-now- , or long: very fem style and wouldn't that be great. Alas: it's very short now....But it's far easier to wear a wig this way
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would like to have it both ways. Days when I'm in guy mode to look masculine and other times when I'm feeling fem then I could style it to that.

Wishful

I went for over two years not getting a hair cut. Had a real nice pony tail. But with the no hair on top now, the head is now shaved. The wig fits nice!

Silver Member
    I don't know how long it's gonna get. So far it's not long enough. I think I am trying to make up in length what I am lacking in volume, because as I age, my hair gets thinner. My hairdresser says my hair has gotten thicker since I started HRT. I am also taking finasteride 1mg per day in an effort to reverse MPB.

Believe me, I will let everyone know if I think I have had any sucess with this plan. My hair is definately nicer looking now, but that may be just due to a really nice professional hairstyle.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    What do you mean if I could? Check it out.

I haven't cut my hair since I was nineteen (I'm 35). That and my boss knows I'm an artist on the side, so he's more understanding. Artists and musicians and such, it seems, can get away with having, life-long long hair.

Jealous?
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

hey. upon till very recently i had really long hair. all the way down to the bottom of my back almost. i only had it cut main for my friends wedding where i was the best man i really miss it now and i want to grow it back. not to the same length though as that would take too long.

Sophie

Cool this topic was brought up. Ive recently decided to grow my hair out, I want it to be at least shoulder length, if not a little longer. The style I have for male dressing, it would work better having longer hair so I figure it would save me money from having to then buy a wig, :P

I'd grow mine very long, past shoulder length anyway, probably not much longer. I have very fine hair, never could get it longer than shoulder length, at best.

I'm cursed with the baby-fine hair from my mother's side of the family, all shorter people, dad's side, the tall side, all have thicker, longer hair, and that's the side I got my excessive height from.

I'd like to swich that around please, anyone I can talk to about that?

Carol
    My name is Carol.

My hair is short, but could be as long as the wig I'm wearing. My hair is very thick and full. Hair stylist hated seeing me come in as a kid since my hair was thick and hard to cut even. Now I have to cut it every three weeks to keep from blooming like a flower.

To the point, I would have hair just below my shoulders and would love every inch of it.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

I would consider that if it was a little thicker on top. Grew it out a while back and then teased it up to see what it would look like. Still too thin! I also used to get anoid when it touched my ears. After all the wig wearing the last 3 years I think I'm past that all.

Would love to have it to my shoulders. Then occasionally do a pony tail or an updo.
    Sally

I've worn my hair very long (halfway down my back) for over a decade now. Half of the reason is fashion... I love to be able to style it when dressing. The other half of the reason is, I guess, lazyness. The only maintenance it takes is when my wife cuts 2-3 inches off the back a few times per year

I REALLY don't miss being in 'guy short hair' mode which took a trip to the barber ever 2-3 weeks to keep things presentable.

When in drab, I always have it in a ponytail (sometimes braided), so it actually looks pretty conservative from the front. In this area, long hair and ponytails are pretty common, so nobody looks twice.

The only issue I have with my hair (besides the fact that it takes 2-3 hours to dry after washing!!) is that my forehead is getting higher and higher I need to come up with more and more creative ways to keep it covered while enfemme.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I'd grow mine very long, past shoulder length anyway, probably not much longer. I have very fine hair, never could get it longer than shoulder length, at best.

I'm cursed with the baby-fine hair from my mother's side of the family,
    My hair is even finer than my mother's; I may not be in "world record" territory, but surely in the "1 in 1000" class.

During my university days, I let my hair grow for... ummm, 18 months I think it was... and it was down a couple of inches below my shoulder. I've let it grow for about 9 months this time and it is down to about the nape of my neck.

SweetCaroline, if I'd let my hair grow for 16 years, it would be longer than that (but not nearly as full): I know because I've had it longer than that a few times. And that was before I Dressed. I don't have the "I'm an artist on the side" excuse, but as long as I keep my hair respectably neat, HR (Human Resources) would (if necessary) tell anyone they have no business telling me my hair is too long, unless it interfered with my work. (I don't have "public image" to worry about, as I don't work with the public.)

Once my hair gets a little past shoulder length, I start to have noticable problems with it falling out -- not thick enough to support the weight much beyond that. In the past (pre-Dressing) I would get it cut way back at that point.

These days (post-Dressing), getting my hair cut is usually triggered by my having trouble keeping my wig on, or by too much of my own hair showing under the wig.

The main style difference between pre-Dressing and now is that before when I got my hair cut I always had them clear it out from the front of my ears; now-a-days, I like the idea of being able to wear ear-rings in guy mode without people noticing (but in practice I usually don't remember to put them on!)
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 07-08-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: opps, meant *not* nearly as full!

At heart, I'm a headbanger from the '80s....

... so I've had mine just past shoulder length since about the 7th grade. I'll admit I have cut it occasionally over the years but each time I did, I always felt I'd lost a part of myself in doing so.
    This year I decided to skip my summertime cut and have it grow out even longer so I'm hoping around mid-back will be a manageable length for me to then decide what to do with it...

Just on the outskirts, or is that IN skirts... in Texas
    I've had long hair for at least ten years now. When I was younger, I always wanted to have long hair, but long hair was "unaesthetic" regarding the life I lived. I finally decided to grow my hair however I felt like, not caring what other people think. Wish I could use the same philosophy and go out in public enfemme... lol The day WILL come!

If you follow the link on my post of "What you look like in guy mode" or something like that, you will see how long my hair is. My hair is naturally curly and if I let it dry on its own I get those pinky sized spiral curls that all those women spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a year to get from a salon. My wife (GlitterGG) has forbidden me to cut my hair, and I have her as well, we both love long hair on our partners. Now, if I could just afford one of those expensive hair straighteners I'd be a happy gurl.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

If I could?!

I'm an old hippie and my hair has been long since I got out of the army in 1971.

Back then I let it grow till it was down to my waist, but these days it only goes to the middle of my back. I keep it tied back in a ponytail most of the time. It makes for a nice high ponytail coming up out of the crown of my head, and it hangs clear down to my shoulders then.

Can't even imagine having short hair.
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    When I was younger I had my hair down to my bum *^_^* cut it for a car (my father hated my long hair now he says he was wrong and I should of keeped it grr!) now growing it back out! (down to my shoulders almost in 2 months!)

hopes to you all
    keris
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

My hair was long as a kid, then when I hit my 30's, I finally gave into the fact that society (i.e. good job) required me to cut it short. It was ok, but I always missed the longer style.

Now I've reached a point where I'm saying WTF, and now plan to let it grow.

Ideally, and eventually, it will be an inch or two longer than shoulder length. I think by Christmas time, it will be perfect. I can hardly wait!

As a youngster, I had to get crewcuts...yuck!
    When I was a teen in the seventies, my hair was pretty long, but my hair is soooo thick it was a mess. Now when my hair gets a tad too long, it must go..for sure. It is sort of like my shaved body hair. When it is gone it is wonderful, when I must grow it back for doctor's visits or whatever, the inbetween lengths are rather uncomfortable. I think that if I were to let it go a while till it was a bob length, I would again feel comfortable. A hair care woman I went to said that women would kill for the thickness of my hair...I think I would kill myself if I had to let it grow out.

Banned Read only
    This long!

That was a few years ago. It's still long but really starting to thin out and barely reaches past my solder blades now.

But I am also thinner too.

Until it stops growing or I start to walk on it.