Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

.....and I'll have to start braiding it....
    that I am !!!

is in her vest
    I have had hair to my shoulders. I wouldn't want it much longer than that, but sometimes I think it would be nice to have really long hair again, but its just to impractical with my job.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I had my hair down near my shoulder blades when I was in my teens, but cut it for work related reasons. (Electronic Techs. with short hair & nice suits made more money!)

Now, I'm growing it again, but it's slow at my age. It's just to my shoulders within about 8-9 months. I need a perm to keep it looking nice though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar

Uhhmm, this long?

LOL, I haven't had my hair cut in almost a decade!

I had my hair in a ponytail down my back when I applied for a job with my current employer in 1979, and never looked back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

How Long Would you grow your hair if your could?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah378619 View Post
    When I was younger I grew my hair out for over 3 years. I got it to my bra strap. I would of iiked to have grown it to my waist. I miss it sooo much,but I don't think it would be very thick, even if I grew it out now.
    Sarah
    Sarah, the operative phrase here is "...if you could?" Boy do I wish I could, but alas it is what it is. I asked the hairdresser if she had something to keep my hair in and she gave me a baggie. ba-da-boom (rim shot)

OK, OK, I'll stop. My SO has gone through all hair lengths the 42 years we've been married. She (we) settled on a wash and run length, about two to three inches. It makes her happy, therefore I'm happy and it's a whole lot less work for her. I'd like that too and then have a few wigs for those times to be glamorous.
    Hugs, Andi

I would grow mine out to a medium length bob. Love the style. Saw a well dressed lady at Wally World this weekend with just the right style and length.

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I'll grow it until I randomly decide to cut it.
    My hair is about as long as Bobbie cd up there. Last time it was cut was February 2004.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

I haven't cut my hair in over ten years, except for trimming split ends and evening it up. Unfortunately, it only goes a few inches below the bottom of my shoulder blades (not quite mid-back).
    One's true gender is in the heart and soul, not one's anatomy.

Your brain...don't leave home without it!Maureen

Been 7 years growing. It's kinda curly but pulled down it is about 3/4 of the way down the back. Love it!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    I've been growing mine out since March, and it's getting there... It's longer now, than it's been in my entire 38 years of life. I've always kept it in an "Officer's Cut," but it's now getting pretty shaggy. I love it. I drive around in my Jeep, now that it's hot, with the top and doors off, and run my fingers through it as I go down the road. It feels so thick and... luxurious... It's a very sensual thing, isn't it? Yeah, it's a PITA to take care of, but soooo worth it!!
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

I wish I could grow hair!!!!!!!

My hair was bra strap length when I was in my mid-20s. I had to cut it before meeting my SOs parents and never grew again. I would have it shoulder length if I could now.

Bonnie.

[SIZE="2"]When I was in my teens my hair was to the middle of my back I stopped cutting it when I was 12 my hair grew really fast. But if I could grow it now I would love to have it to the top of my butt and have it layered but with work and all that could not happen good thing for my wig its the way I would want my hair. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]LeeAnn[/SIZE]

I had waist length hair up to around 35 yo. Then I had it cut to shoulder length. Strangely, it has never grown since, even though I have never cut it again. Now, I have a prominent bald patch which doesn't go well with my long hair, but I just can't bring myself to get it cut. Doesn't seem to cause problems with people although I suspect that it did affect my career prospects although my ex-employer would never admit that.
    Last edited by Lilith Moon; 07-09-2007 at 12:50 PM.

At one time my hair was a few inches above my belt. Then I got a "respectable" job and had to cut it.

Now I am growing it out again much to the chagrin of my wife but I have pretty much made it clear that she doesnt have anything to say about it; it is my body afterall. (Save the protestations of being inconsiderate they dont work. It took me decades and years of therapy to figure out that my life is mine, not someone else's.)

I may cut it I may not. For now it is just about shoulder length.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    It took me decades and years of therapy to figure out that my life is mine, not someone else's.
    Kimberley
    That's the mindset I'm working towards. Not there yet, but I'm workin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    At one time my hair was a few inches above my belt. Then I got a "respectable" job and had to cut it.

Now I am growing it out again much to the chagrin of my wife but I have pretty much made it clear that she doesnt have anything to say about it; it is my body afterall. (Save the protestations of being inconsiderate they dont work. It took me decades and years of therapy to figure out that my life is mine, not someone else's.)

I may cut it I may not. For now it is just about shoulder length.

Kimberley
    How long did it take to grow from "short" to "shoulder length"?
    -Frankie

iNFj
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

It has been about a year now but it DOES need a trim.

I have to attend a wedding in a few weeks so maybe a week before the wedding. I can and do blame this on my "artistic" personna and having come up through the 60's and 70's my hair was always long so it isnt that unusual for me.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

I am Woman on the Podium chantelle's Avatar
    Mine was long then i cut it
    Now i have decided to grow it again, Yeah me. Maybe i am finally stopping the fight against my manlyness <<<Very little of it btw>
    9 Different Actions to my Purpose of being Complete...

Well, I play piano, guitar, trumpet, and sing, so having both ears pierced and having long hair... Meh.. It's just part of the "musician thing."
    -Frankie

iNFj
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Well, I play piano, guitar, trumpet, and sing, so having both ears pierced and having long hair... Meh.. It's just part of the "musician thing."
    *laughing*
    Exactly. For me it is Photography and music. One day I am going to ask her to help me find a wig like Mozart.... that oughta raise the roof!

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

Back when I had hair...

I HATED the feeling of when it got long at all. It had a lot of curl to it so it would do this flip thing I hated, because it further reinforced the comments I wold get about being girly. Funny the level of denial.

I was glad when my hairline started to recede because the awful flip at my temple was the first to go. Unfortunately it kept receding and now im too bald on top to call it hair, and too hairy to pull off the Jean-Luc Piccard look. (Dee loves his cranium) SO for about the last 3 years I shave it clean.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Thanks for asking!

I'd grow it out so I could do a Bob.
    Not because my birth name is Bob, but because the short blond look is such a winner for me.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Platinum Member
    mine is long but not long enough .... i went from short and respectable to 3/4 of the way down my back ...... no way i am going to get a single hair cut......... and i don't play in a band nor do i paint lol yes i do i stained the decks ....lol.... yes comments all the time but love my hair .... been years sense i last had a wig........

long hair

I would like my hair down to my lower back.