Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BIG Development

girl next door

BIG Development

As some of you are aware, my wife and I have had our challenges, both prior to and since I came out to her (again) last fall.

Well, yesterday, I was planning on leaving a bit early to go to the TGEA (local supp group) meeting/annual cook-out, so I'd have the requisite ton of time to make myself presentable. As luck would have it, a friend called to offer to take our son out to the lake for the afternoon... an offer we all gladly accepted.

Well, my wife, very much to her credit, has been making a concerted effort to understand her feelings about the whole CDing thingy of late (in counselling and otherwise). God bless her soul, not only did she suggest that I stay at home to get ready, but offered her wardrobe and her assiantance. She wound up helping me with my wig, make-up and even polished my toes for me - all firsts!!! Then to top it off, she snapped a few pics of me on my way out and let me know that she genuinely thought I looked very pretty.

My astonishment was almost as overwhelming as my gratitude and joy. It would seem that yesterday was a bit of a turning point in our relationship.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Wow, Tammi, that does sound like a considerable breakthrough. Congratulations. I hope this leads the two of you to a closer and better relationship!

Bobbie
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Wow that's just so great to hear Tammi
    It's good to see that progress has been made
    (In the right direction)
    ((Do we get to see those pictures))
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

[SIZE="4"]WOW!! and I will say it again, WOW!![/SIZE]

I may have felt similar last November when my GF first allowed me to dress FT.

GO! Girl! Just watch out for that "pink fog". It's quick, and can be overwhelming...

BTW... Are you going to post the pix?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tammi, I have searched the Forum today for some uplifting posts, I thank you for posting. It sounds like your dear wife is trying so hard, bless her for that. I hope that you both can keep the progress going...good luck my friend
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Absolutely fantastic news!!! I am so, so, very, very, happy for you Tammi. Your wife sounds like a wonderful lady. It seems like she is really trying to understand this whole cding thing. Marla has said to me that cding (for her anyway) was rather like trying new food; you have to have a taste of it at least 10 times before you start to get a liking for it. I sincerely hope your wife thinks the same way. Hang in there, even more happiness is (hopefully) just around the corner!

Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Feeling so good en femme! Miss Lulu's Avatar
    I think all your wife needed was some time to adapt to crossdressing. Now she's showing good faith and attitude by offering to help you out ... and even commenting your great look.

You are in luck to have a supporting SO. I have that luck too. Show your gratitude to her!
    Miss Lulu

You are stopping by the florist on the way home tomorrow?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    She will trannie T, she will.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Exactly, stop somewhere or do something really, really special for her. This is a wonderful change of heart for you both. I hope time will prove it's for good and the relationship can grow a long time.
    Hugs, Andi

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Excellent news!!! And, to go along with the flowers, how about dinner and a movie -- she's trying and you'll reap benefits from everything you do to let her know how special she is!!!!!!!

Tammi that is wonderful news, here's hoping it continues for both of you .
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Absolutely stunning Tammi. You just need to let your wife know HOW MUCH you are "My astonishment was almost as overwhelming as my gratitude and joy."
    She appears to be one awesome lady.

That's fantastic, Tammi!! Lucky girl!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Tammi, What wonderfull news. There is no doubt she has found some acceptance for your dressing.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

That is super good news best I have read today .What ever you are doing keep it up Best of luck to you both.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

That is fantastic news i hope you do somthing special for her in return. As it does take a lot for a woman to except our dressing as i have found with my wife as she is very up and down with it all. Enjoy your dressing

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing here but happiness for ya sis.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Hooray for Tammi's wife!!! Make sure her husband thanks her properly. I have a very accepting wife, I know how wonderful it can be.

As other posters mentioned, don't let the "pink fog" cloud your judgement. A rare and beautiful flower like her needs gentle, slow and careful nuturing.
    One's true gender is in the heart and soul, not one's anatomy.

Your brain...don't leave home without it!Maureen

Great news Tammi, not only is she trying to understand it all but be part of it as well. And since she's loaned you some of her things I see a joint shopping trip on the horizon, I'll bet money she's going to pick your next outfit.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

girl next door
    Thanks ladies so much for your responses.

I'm trying to come up with an appropriate demonstration of my appreciation. I've been thinking of a very oversized arrangement of flowers delivered, but am hoping to come up with something a lil more special yet.

As far as the pink fog is concerned, I'm definitely quite aware of that (though a few reminders certainly can't hurt). While I can't say that I've had my Tammi'sworth (if there is such a thing ), I'm cool with keeping Tammi's profile on the low side for a lil while - I just don't want to push it. I'm also aware that while she's made a beautiful gesture, that there might be a lil bit of an emotional reaction from her the other way - maybe not (the ol' now I like it, now I don't (thanx Rachel n Marla )). I just need to remain aware of that possibility too.

In any case, I'm still kinda basking in the afterglow of the experience, and the my wife and I have have both been feeling very close since!

Thanx again y'all for your support.

[SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    Soooooo pleased for you both. May it only bring you closer.
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Absolutely fantastic news!!! I am so, so, very, very, happy for you Tammi. Your wife sounds like a wonderful lady. It seems like she is really trying to understand this whole cding thing. Marla has said to me that cding (for her anyway) was rather like trying new food; you have to have a taste of it at least 10 times before you start to get a liking for it. I sincerely hope your wife thinks the same way. Hang in there, even more happiness is (hopefully) just around the corner!

Rachel
    On the radio this morning it said 11 times - oh well what the heck! What a special lady your wife is - in fact all our partners are, wherever they stand with our CD. I'm inspired when I hear these stories because there's hope for us whose wives haven't quite reached that place yet. And you're very wise to cool it - give her a big present and a huge hug from me!

Mitch

That is super news Tammi! I'm so, so happy for you.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]