Thread: passed and didnt know for an hour

passed and didnt know for an hour

I went out with one of my girl friends (gg) to a restaurant dressed very casual my GG had on a black dress with a floral print on it she said it was casual for her but compared to my green capris and a faded shade of salmon (light pink) over my dark pink push up bra which gave me a small bust, brown trouser socks (i dont own any hose) and a pair of guy docksiders (no lady's flats yet), concealer under eys and a light pink lip gloss, with my hair which i'm growing out was in a light natural curl. Picture soon
    As we were seated our male server, called us LADIES! Then I ordered and spoke in my own voice and I'm sure the illusion was over. But for a few seconds he thought I was a she !!
    I am me and you are you, give me love and I'll love you too.

That just goes to show everyone that people, as a whole, aren't really that observative when going about their daily lives. Also, if we (us CDers) blend with the general populus, we can enjoy being ourselves with a lot less ridicule from the public. What happened here is just a wonderful experience for anyone. Hope you have many more like this one. Erickka

I have recently started going out en fem and enteracting with others and have found that it is true that most people will assume your a GG, since you look like a GG. When your in a store or restaurant, most of the severs have enough to work about and don't take the time to look any closer to you. Same goes for others around you.
    As a example, the next time you goto a restaurant glance at the table next to you and then once you have exited the place, try and remember what the people at the table next to you was wearing. You may remember how many males and females were at the table, but details like their faces and such, I bet you will have a hard time remembering what they looked like.

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    Congratulations!! And yeah, JoAnn nailed it. Most people are just too self-absorbed to offer anything more than a cursory glance.
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Most waiters and waitresses are going to treat you with respect,they want a tip.
    But enjoy it either way it's nice to recieve the compliment an be treated
    how we want to be treated.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Congratulations!! And yeah, JoAnn nailed it. Most people are just too self-absorbed to offer anything more than a cursory glance.
    Just to illustrate that - had a dialogue with a young lady who had parked next to me in the car park yesterday and made a very small scratch on the side of my car. I assured her it was ok. I was en femme and passable but my voice is not. I swear she had no idea she was talking to a guy - she was far too involved with the dent in my car!

Mitch

Its true that people, in general, are too busy to notice if someone is a CDer. When I'm in guy mode, I always looking around and if see pretty woman I'm attracted to her beauty, but I'm not concerned if she's a CDer or not. I've got other things on my mind and its just a natural thing for me as a guy to look at an attractive woman.

Ok. So here's another thing you have to remember which I observed when I went out my first time.
    I noticed that a few people were looking at me everywhere I'd go and so I started to get really conscious about my appearance. I felt nervous because I assumed that I was spotted, but then my fellow CDer/mentor made a good point. She mentioned that, if I noticed, of the people who were looking at me the majority of them were men. When she said that, it put things into perspective. I came to the realization that the roles were reversed. Instead of me looking at attractive women, it was the men who were looking at me because I look attractive to them.
    After that, my nerves subsided and I enjoyed the rest of my first day out.

I've been out at least a dozen or more times now and I've been able pratice my makeup, appearance, walk, and mannerisms (femme voice still a work in progress) that I hardly get any looks from anyone. Although, I do still get some looks from the males, but I'm used to it now.
    You know what they say, it comes with experience.

Every time I go out, I'm always greeted with courtesy and sometimes with a "Ma'am" or "Miss".
    It’s a great feeling when I hear that because I know I'm just blending in.
    Last edited by joann07; 07-10-2007 at 03:38 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Thank you ladies, you have all given me some wonderful thoughts. I have told others that you need to be you and do what you feel comfortable with. I felt toatally comfrotable with who I was with and more importantly what I had on. Yah I get a bit nervous but after a while I could care less what people think. Im okay with who I am. No regrets for this girl.
    I am me and you are you, give me love and I'll love you too.

Passed today at Wallyworld and wasn't trying. Dressed my usual way in a nice blouse, no bra(but I'm a B-cup), hair down, earrings, jeans, and nice shades. I didn't have a close shave. The aisle was blocked by 2 woman so I stopped and waited. One realised I was there and moved her cart then turned to her friend and said, " Harriet, move your cart. This lady wants to get by." !!!!!!!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I see we are all on the same page here....Act like a lady, most will treat you like a lady. It has worked for me many times while out and about. Everybody enjoy!