Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Dance Like a Girl???

How To Dance Like a Girl???

I have seen threads on makeup, walking, talking, voice,etc.

But I have seen some CD's dance that really needed help and I was wondering if anyone had some advice in this or a website(which I haven't seen any) to go to.

One thing is for sure (Shoes does matter). And high heels can throw you off balance.

I think also a girl dances with their legs more together(or at least suppose to) I have seen some dance a lil bull-legged.

And arms and hands(what to do with them?).
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Hi Tamera, It's easy really. You dance from your hips, keep 'em swinging and move you arms and hands in graceful patterns. It's not natural for a guy but think being a girl and become one with the music. The trick is to have a lot of movement with the least amount of energy expended. Most guys waste a lot of energy dancing. Oh yes, I avoid wearing high heels when dancing whenever possible. They are counterproductive for dancing effectively (for me anyway).

How about tips for us old girls!! Minuet.... Waltz...... Step one two three..... Step one two three....

I hear The Charleston is coming back.....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Heck with the Charleston.....which leg do I start with as I swing around the pole???

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    Heck with the Charleston.....which leg do I start with as I swing around the pole???
    Emily Ann
    Probably doesn't really matter which leg, Em!! ... But be warned!!! You really have to make sure that you move your walker out of the way first....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Heck, I can't even dance in guy mode, much less gal mode.
    DonnaT

Only have one dance style - sort of like a very animated stick insect!

Mitch

I am sooo bad at dancing. But, when I was traveling recently, my hotel room had this ginormous floor to ceiling mirror along one wall. Scary. So one night, I got about 10 feet away, put on some music and tried to dance. Yuck! I looked worse than a big guy in a dress. But I kept at it.

You are right, it's all in the hips. I kept my arms near my body, fingers extended horizonal to the floor (palms down), started moving my knees forward, one leg at a time, then the hips followed. Then I swayed a bit. After a lot of practice and self embarassment, it did not look that bad.

I have never done it in public......which will be the real test.

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar
    After watching a Mr. Bean video, I decided to try dancing.

Yeah... It didn't work out so well...

-Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

I do a lot of Salsa dancing and it amazes me how girls in 3, 4, or 5 inch heels, can flick their arms, wiggle their shoulders, and swing their hips. I love it.
    I'm really good at doing the guy part, leading, but I would love to learn how to dance and follow like lady because Salsa dancing is fun and sexy, especially when you're dancing with a HOT chic. OH! La la!!!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="8"]PRACTICE[/SIZE]
    I love to dance always have, the more you practice the better you get, as for heels 4 inch stilettos are about the highest I will dance in. My problem is slow dancing I always want to lead.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    How about tips for us old girls!! Minuet.... Waltz...... Step one two three..... Step one two three....

I hear The Charleston is coming back.....

Karren
    Awww Karren....here I was thinking you were a pole dancer on the weekends...
    Fun loving skirt wearer

So.......sashay down to the local Arthur Murry Dance Studio, and say, "hi, I'm a girl and I'd like to learn how to dance", giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar

Brass Pole

I was in Reno recently and almost outed my self in drab. I was dancing and after someone slipped no make that forced me to drink my seventh Jamison's on the rocks I started to dance. At this point the ladies in the group were very happy to have a male? out dancing and I started to move the hips and have a good time. There was a small stage with a brass pole and all of the ladies gave it a spin and then started daring me to try. Well as I said I was comfortable so up I went and the right leg hooked the ploe and around I went to the applause to the ladies. I kept dancing and the ladies kept bringing me drinks. When I finally left the dance floor I got back to were my co-workers were standing and a couple of them said I danced like a girl. I laughed it off by saying that they could dance like me if they had the b-lls and the same amount of alcohol.

A couple of weeks later while dressed a couple of us gurls went to a gay club and were dancing and if the hips are moving then you are grooving. My friend and I had a guy try and pick us up and ended up dancing with him for a couple of songs. My girl friend and I were doing the lesbian thing when he started to hit on us. It was so much fun to be on the giving end of rejection as we sent him on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    I was in Reno recently and almost outed my self in drab. I was dancing and after someone slipped no make that forced me to drink my seventh Jamison's on the rocks I started to dance. At this point the ladies in the group were very happy to have a male? out dancing and I started to move the hips and have a good time. There was a small stage with a brass pole and all of the ladies gave it a spin and then started daring me to try. Well as I said I was comfortable so up I went and the right leg hooked the ploe and around I went to the applause to the ladies. I kept dancing and the ladies kept bringing me drinks. When I finally left the dance floor I got back to were my co-workers were standing and a couple of them said I danced like a girl. I laughed it off by saying that they could dance like me if they had the b-lls and the same amount of alcohol.

A couple of weeks later while dressed a couple of us gurls went to a gay club and were dancing and if the hips are moving then you are grooving. My friend and I had a guy try and pick us up and ended up dancing with him for a couple of songs. My girl friend and I were doing the lesbian thing when he started to hit on us. It was so much fun to be on the giving end of rejection as we sent him on his way.
    That's so cool!
    I've been to clubs before where some random guy starts dancing with some chics and see him get rejected.
    I would never do that, unless I know the girls.
    Last edited by joann07; 07-10-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuShu View Post
    I would agree - hips are the word. Relax them, and allow them to flow in ways that guys are not used to doing... You can practice while doing something else - even when you're waiting on the phone, you can start moving your hips even to that elevator music... just move them, finidng new degrees of freedom you did not suspect about. Swing them side to side, do circular patterns, figure eights - doesnt' even have to be in a big range - but get those things moving. After a while of deliberatly paaying attention to moving them, you may notice that you let them go free during the actual dancing...

And about arms/hands- guys just normally don't let them free - watch yourself, and how with letting go of the idea of "looking properly like a guy" you'll be able to find a new freedom to your movement.
    Exactly, it's all in the hips and since you're in heels, you can actually move better for certain dance steps. However it will hurt your feet a bit more.

My repertoire of dance had been swing and jitterbug, then a few lost years, dancingwise. When I started going out en femme in the 70's, disco was the beat. So we gurls tried to imitate the gg's moves.

When I subsequently danced in guy mode, I often wondered whether I was dancing like girl, since that's all I'd practiced...

Mitzi

dance is like music ...

whatever trips yer "trigger" ?
    while women use their hips ... the guy still leads -generally , in most couples dancing eh ? hehe xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

funny

my older sister and her friends gave me my first lesson just before a church dance at 14. I was HORRIFIED to find out that my movements carefully practiced seemed (to me) effeminate. IN reality most likely the 14 year old boys dancing simply sucked. I tried with poor results to emulate their spastic movements.

I don't feel I actually learned to dance til my motorcycle accident at 19. I spent 6 months on crutches, even went to dances on them, then a year and a 1/2 on a cane. I had way better awareness of where my feet were and got better.

Now, I don't know, I'd have to study some gg's in motion for a while.

erp...I hadnt thought about that. Dee and I are considering going to an alternative (read gay, lesbian and other welcome) bar we googled online.

I better think this through a bit.

When I finally embarrased showed Dee my first size 10 shoe purchase (that seemd more like what my male side would buy for Dee, who would not wear them) They are 6" clear heeled shoes. As Barbara developed she doesnt like them at all.

Dee insists I need to dance in them for her...gonna have to get the pole secured to the ceiling first....
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I have been using some teaching videos

One is a strip tease training video. This one has helped me with feminine movement.

The other one is a Salsa video I have been practicing with my SO. They both use high heels. Do not stay away from heels. If you have problems use the type that are wide but look thin from the side. They are very stable.

You would be amazed how soon you will feel like you cannot dance without them. I can dance for two hours in them and I weigh 250 lbs.

Michelia

We are all stardust MoonBaby GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelia View Post
    One is a strip tease training video. This one has helped me with feminine movement.

The other one is a Salsa video I have been practicing with my SO. They both use high heels. Do not stay away from heels. If you have problems use the type that are wide but look thin from the side. They are very stable.
    Michelia

I agree and also recommend belly dancing video's because they teach you control of your core areas and how to effectively move the hips and arms together. Besides that? You get an amazing workout for the stomach and it's a lot of fun.

I am the life partner of Nicole Meadows who is sweet as an apple on Christmas day.

"There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made of? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."
    ~ Don Juan DeMarco

I go to a lot of dances with women. They all have special shoes for dancing. A 2 1/2" to 3" heel with straps so they don't fall off. Also the heel is wider and the sole is smooth so you slide on the floor. Plus they don't wear them out on the street they carry them in a bag.

Have been taking dancing lessons for about a year in Toledo at the Ballroom Company. Where you learn both male and female parts to the dance.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Uhhhhh...how about a one legged spider on the dance floor...

when i dance, every movement seems to be a tribute to Elaine Bennis.

New England, somewhere on the fringe of genderland
    Last weekend the wife and I were at a big party (me in drab) with a band playing some oldies (80's rock) and blues. Though I have a cast on my lower right leg I love that music and couldn't stay off the dance floor. Due to the cast I couldn't move my feet much or use my usual assortment of dance moves. So I kept my feet pretty much stationary and moved my hips and my arms. Afterwards my wife told me I looked like a Go Go dancer and she thought it was adorable. I was tickeled pink ! So my advice is - if you want to dance like a girl - break a leg !