Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual arousal when dressed?

Sexual arousal when dressed?

I have read on this forum numerous times that dressing up does not cause sexual arousal for many. And many psyclologist/psychiatrists (?) have documented that, as well. I have always felt that I am in that group, myself. I can be dressed for hours, days even, and never become aroused because of dressing.

However. I have come to realize that I can no longer get aroused without dressing up. The old "me Tarzan, you Jane" thing just doesn't do anything for me at all. Unless I can fantasize that I am Jane, that is. Then it is great. Anyone else out there in this same boat?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
    I have read on this forum numerous times that dressing up does not cause sexual arousal for many.
    I don't think I'd say that I've read exactly that. Rather, that for many (not necessarily a majority), sexual arousal is not a significant component of their dressing. For another "many" (hard to give relative proportions), there might be noticable or even strong sexual arousal at times, but the majority of the time there isn't. Like that famous quote, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes it's a Smoke."

Myself, I find that what arousal I experience is more often from imagining going out dressed, and that when I actually go out (even dressed the same way and to the same place as in my imagination) that it isn't arousing, but is none-the-less fun or pleasant or comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
    However. I have come to realize that I can no longer get aroused without dressing up.
    I haven't had that happen to me. Thinking about it, I don't recall that I fantasize much at all about being a woman.

Having lived on my own for a while recently, I found that the more often I dressed up the less frequently I got aroused when dressed up, with a direct correlation between the two

I think lack of opportunity to dress, does make places like fictionmania sexualise your feelings if you cant dress. Forced crossdressing when you cant get the opportunity does seem somewhat inviting, so some of those stories really reach the part other stories don't reach

I never felt attractive or sexy in male mode.
    I usually feel a bit misplaced playing the guy.
    In my younger days the sexual drive caused by testostereone was sufficient, but it rarely was really fullfilling ... more like a job that has to be done ... job done ... aha, that's all ? ... can I sleep know. More of a drive thing than a mental thing.

Having accepted my fem aspects give it a different quality ... it becomes more of a mental thing ... deeper and more fullfilling emotions.
    I don't need the clothes, but sometimes it's fun and they do help to reassure the feminine aspects.
    Feeling less masculine and more feminine while having sex feels more real.

Is that a fetish ? or just more emmotional freedom ?
    I think it's the latter. Getting rid of the male constraints.
    Last edited by Marla S; 07-14-2007 at 05:27 AM.

Although perhaps not as arousing as when I was first learning to dress and look femininely attractive, I still find the dressing and making-up exciting. But being a girl means so much more to me now and exploring the feminine lifestyle magically captivates me beyond just the aspects of dressing.

Don't get me wrong, my outer appearance is still very important, but allowing myself to be softer, kinder, and more accepting toward feminine qualities are the arousing and exciting aspects of womanhood for me. Achieving a feminine reality and accepting womanhood not only includes the way I dress and look, but also embraces a state of feminine behavior and conduct that: is acceptable and natural in public, consists of feminine beliefs that guide my interactions and communications with others and provides others with the opportunity to treat me as a lady. All of these things help me better achieve a state of feminine reality. Being a girl is much a state of mind too. To me, being a woman also means expressing myself from within. To solely focus only on my image is to ignore the most glorious and arousing part of the truly feminine experience.
    Tiana
    "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a girl in it."

For me at one time there used to be a huge arousal while dressed. Now that I am older, married and spend more time dressed, The sexual part is not really there anymore. Sure there are times when I get that feeling and love to have a nice soft nightie to add to the excitement. But it is not required.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Interesting question. Arousal used to be my prime motivation for dressing - just had to get into the undies, do what had to be done, feel guilty, hide everything get on with life.

Nowadays CD is not my dirty little secret so the sense of danger and excitement is not there anymore - Mitch is legitimite and semi public property. Don't get aroused in the same way - an unsightly bulge would spoil the line anyway so tight pantie corselette prevents it.

Because I'm honest with my wife now, I very rarely masturbate - only she has the authority to do that and Mitch doesn't really approve. I find going out en femme interracting with real girls as Mitch and buying something really nice is sexually exciting. I guess it's still there but different and deeper than before

Mitch

Yes and no, I think. If you are really in the femme spirit when dressed, you can have anticipation (and maybe some fantasy) on what you would do when intimate with someone in female mode. If I said I never had those feelings, I would be lying. It's mostly about the closeness and tenderness though. The premise is what counts because in all honesty, sans trappings, we are in reality still guys physically (unless we are transitioning). Even so, I know some who like me in either mode and if it ever went that far, well, it all comes off in the bedroom anyway.

Well, wearing women's clothes hasn't been particularly arousing to me since I was a young teen ager and first discovered what playing with that "thing" could feel like. But then, anything could be arousing. At present, wearing a skirt, a dress, or anything else feminine is only arousing when my wife says not to change before I come into her bedroom for sex. WE sleep in separate rooms because both of us have problems sleeping in the same room. Most of the time, she had rather have me in masculine outerwear at least. She fully accepts the panties as my normal underwear now, and in spite of not wanting to appear as a woman, I do wear bras too, but she usually isn't in the mood to be unfastening my bra during sex.
    " Just a Guy in a Skirt"

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    When I was (much) younger dressing or the mere thought of it would get me aroused. Today dressing is a way of life and above all a way to feel good because I feel more "me". And ofcourse feeling good and relaxed is a prerequisite for having a healthy sexlife. When my wife and I are "in the mood" we both like to doll-up and in the process we both get more aroused. So it sure does have a sexual aspect but not only.
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice thread Chiana. I think you got some honest answers.

Being accepted and allowed to bring it into the bedroom is an amazing, wonderful thing. For an SO to allow that would certainly be a dream come true for many. Those who can do this have truly won the lottery of life.

There is also an age factor here also. The older I get, the more I realize how dressing up like a woman and acting like a woman has taken over anything erotic that enters my mind; no matter what the stimulus. The age factor also dramatically slows down everything connected to the arousal process, and often times it just won't happen. (even when I really want it too). I've always hated my testosterone, but now that it seems to be diminishing, I miss it!

Sorry to digress a little, so now back to your question. Like you Chiana, my arousal depends totally on thinking about myself as a female. No matter what the stimulus, it all turns into thinking of myself as a total woman. Any type of masculine feelings are just a memory. I too, can only be Jane.

I get aroused just about every time I crossdress. In fact, I can get aroused when I am not crossdressed but it is more difficult.

I started crossdressing at age four and I can assure everyone that sexual arousal was not a factor at that time, it felt good and exciting in a none-sexual way.

Then I hit puberty and kabooom, crossdressing became an intensely sexual experience, often associated with sexual release.

Now I'm hanging on to the wrong end of middle age and the sexual arousal, while still a component, is not so overpowering. I find myself again dressing simply because it feels "right" and because of an increasingly overpowering need to do so.

When I was in my teens, dressing was very arousing and rewarding for me. It was a secret that brought much guilt after the fact. Today, well I do still get aroused, but not with the urgency that I had when younger, that can be because of medication, the fact i now wear lingerie all the time and just maturing.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I definitely get aroused when dressed. But, like so many others here, since I am now dressing 24/7, the urgency of dressing and playing when I get the chance is no longer an issue, so I don't get aroused as often. I do make dates to dress just for the sexual thrill, and often wear outfits I'd never wear out in public.

Ruthie

When I dress in casual fem, like capri pants, a blouse, and flats its a real warm confortable feeling. It just feels natural. When I dress in the ultra sexy lingeree i.e. lacy panties, garter belt, stockings, sexy bra, and spikes. WOW! Add to that a wig, make up and painted nails and jewelery and it's very arousing.

For me its about 50 50 if I dress on my own or with my wife then whammo but if I am chatting on Yahoo with friends nada which is probably all for the good

It's funny because I get aroused at the girl that I see in the mirror. It's like the male inside is turned on by the female outside. Does that make sense? I've always thought that I dressed to become the girl that I ultimately want. If I can spilt myself in two - boy and girl form they'd be best friends and best lovers. lol.

Talk about narcissism.

Me too! I find pics of me in my frilly undies very arousing! I get a real buzz when I see myself in mirrors in department stores - could look at myself for hours. So I'm narcissistic too!

Mitch

Pantyhose addicted

Arousal

I still get very horny when I dress up, usualy dressed like a little ****. When dressed more consevitive then I feel more womenly.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by leggy_tiana View Post
    Don't get me wrong, my outer appearance is still very important, but allowing myself to be softer, kinder, and more accepting toward feminine qualities are the arousing and exciting aspects of womanhood for me. Achieving a feminine reality and accepting womanhood not only includes the way I dress and look, but also embraces a state of feminine behavior and conduct that: is acceptable and natural in public, consists of feminine beliefs that guide my interactions and communications with others and provides others with the opportunity to treat me as a lady. All of these things help me better achieve a state of feminine reality. Being a girl is much a state of mind too. To me, being a woman also means expressing myself from within. To solely focus only on my image is to ignore the most glorious and arousing part of the truly feminine experience.
    I love this! If I did embroidery, I would embroider it and hang it on the wall! Thank you for putting it so nicely.

***Jenna***

I get aroused thinking about dressing. I do not get aroused when I dress but I have a feeling of excitement.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Aspiring Member

sexual arousal when dressed

i some times get aroused especally when getteing ready for a night out!! but mostely when im dressed down as in jammies and panties i just feel right.

Arroused. Yes, of course. I get arroused thinking about dressing. I can get arroused looking at womes clothes in the store. I like it on the rare occasion when I have the house to myself, with all the anticipation of transitioning. This weekend is one of those occasions. I'm siiting here in a hot pink dress just reading though the posts.

Laura

when younger just thinking about it would ruin it.. it's hard to get the dress to lay right over an towel rod... any way, now it's more of what is the setting and the mood of the moment more than what do i see and hear...

yes i would like to think that as the years have gone by that i have grown and learned more... but i do from time to time when it's new, and i am just throwing it on get arroused...

and having the thoughts that we are the fem in our fanitsys is very normal aspect... nothing to be worryed about if it has not happened to you yet, it's bound to sooner or latter. it's like guys masterbating.. cders wondering what it's truley like for her.

that is just my thoughs on it. be it right or wrong, we all are just human and trying to get along right? who cares what he or she thinks about what makes you happy.
    if you want it, all you have to do is reach for it.