Thread: Self Love

Self Love

I think I love myself. Dressed, with only wig, lipstick, bra & forms, and still my moustache, in the mirror, I like what I see, to the point of arousal.
    Narcissum? Is it really me?
    Like life and all of its twists, I'm happily confused.
    Mary

Nothing wrong with a healthy narcism.
    Nothing wrong with a healthy self love, because it opens the door to love and accept others.
    Feeling attractive and being attracted by the same can be confusing
    Last edited by Marla S; 07-14-2007 at 05:55 PM.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by yingyang View Post
    I think I love myself. Dressed, with only wig, lipstick, bra & forms, and still my moustache, in the mirror, I like what I see, to the point of arousal.
    I grew a mustache once. I looked and felt so yummy when I shaved it off!

***Jenna***

Quote Originally Posted by yingyang View Post
    Narcissum? Is it really me?
    Like life and all of its twists, I'm happily confused.
    Mary
    I think that we all show a little of that dont we ????

There was a song, I think by Confederate Railroad, "..and I like my women just a little on the trashy side!" That would be me. If I had been born a girl I am afraid I would have been a ****, at best.
    I like my legs in some of my lace-up thigh-high boots, and I like my boobs and my cleavage. Still love my kids and my SO, just don't need to travel too far when I need a friend. w.

girlie guy
    It's a bit of an enigma, isn't it, YingYang?
    You'd date yourself if you could just both of you at the same time.
    That's a weird thing. Maybe you try to become the girl you wish you were with, I don't know. It's two sides of the same coin, but you can't see them both at the same time!

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    In my opinion our "St Christopher" is Narcissus and noone else ;o)
    Do they sell medaillons of 'm?
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[QUOTE=Wenda;938271]There was a song, I think by Confederate Railroad, "..and I like my women just a little on the trashy side!" That would be me.

Hmmm. Where have I seen that statement lately ?

From my experience, accepting being trans had had a three fold affect.
    One has been to embrace my trans nature and really enjoy being who I am. The second has been to him. He is more confident in himself and like himself for the first time in quite a while. And three all the people around him are benefiting because he's more pleasant to be with.
    I hope everyone can be as happy about themselves as I have been.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    However you love yourself is a gift !

If you love yourself to the exclusion of all else, or alienation from all else, then Narcissism is in play.

The remedy is simple....commit acts towards others that come from your heart (prayer, conversation, spend face time, charity, <fill in blank:______>). One a day should do it.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I enjoy looking at myself in the mirror while en femme. I am much less repulsive than when in drab.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I actually think Roberta is on the right track. It is an odd thing and I won't get too detailed- but, it is interesting that when I dress and think I look good, I see something in the mirror that makes me feel good.

HOWEVER, when my gf helps me or we are doing girlz night- what she sees is something different. She always says I look good and supports me, but if she gets her way, two things happen. First, she doesn't worry about how "female" I look and focuses on an androgenous theme. Second, she tells me unless I am going to go to a Hollywood makeup artist or have SRS I am what I am..so forget looking like a supermodel.

The reason I say that is it only matters how you feel. It's up to others to accept you as you are, mustache and mascara.

Ying--you are so right. I think I dress to look good to myself--as a woman I would like to date. Smart business suit. Great hair (Preferably short curly blond). High heels.

Crossdressing just is not fun( for me), if there are no mirrors to view myself. I often go from one mirror to another in our house. And i love the big closet door folding mirrors where I can get a three-way view.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Right on the money Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    However you love yourself is a gift !

If you love yourself to the exclusion of all else, or alienation from all else, then Narcissism is in play.

The remedy is simple....commit acts towards others that come from your heart (prayer, conversation, spend face time, charity, <fill in blank:______>). One a day should do it.

Roberta
    I could not have said it better if I wanted to.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Get rid of the moustache!

Quote Originally Posted by LaFem View Post
    Get rid of the moustache!
    And this is helpful how? why should he/she get rid of the moustache?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I had a moustache from the time I was old enough to grow one straight through to about 7-8 years ago, I only shaved it once and my face looked so weird without it, I let it grow back. I didn't even have to shave it during Army basic training. That would be roughly 20-25 years. I also had a beard several times during that period. Once I shaved it off and left it off long enough to get used to how I looked without it, I wasn't interested in growing it back. Now I'm having electrolysis to permanently remove it. It's all a question of how you see yourself, I guess. I like the way my face looks in the mirror now, I look a bit like my one sister. When I have a day where I see that, it makes me feel happy. Some days I like looking in the mirror, some days I don't.

Wenda and Joy, I know the feeling, I might have been a bit "trashy" myself had I been born a woman, I like the look, and I really like that song, it's one of the few country songs I really like.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]