View Poll Results: Has Crossdressing had an affect on your sexuality

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I have always been heterosexual and remain so.

132 40.62%
  • Yes, it has influenced me and I am exploring bisexuality.

34 10.46%
  • Yes, I have become more interested in Men.

22 6.77%
  • Yes, I have experimented with men but found that I prefer women.

21 6.46%
  • Yes, It has made me fantasize about being with men when I am dressed

102 31.38%
  • Yes, it has influenced me to think about sex change.

14 4.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and Latent Homosexuality

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Crossdressing and Latent Homosexuality

I have been observing more and more threads regarding dressing to attract men, along with other threads discussing CDs dating men.

I am not making any judgments here but was curious to learn more about how many, of our Community, were some how changed by Crossdressing, or perhaps discovered some dormant homosexual tendencies after engaging in and exploring crossdressing. The popular belief has been that CDs were primarily heterosexual but in reading some threads on the subject of men, it seems as though many CDs are discovering a side of themselves that may have been quiescent before dressing up.

I hope you don't mind another poll
    Last edited by Lovely Rita; 07-17-2007 at 07:09 AM.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

After having been on both sides of the fence, I can safely say that I'm straight.

Just have to say that I don't see it as a Homosexual thing, both me and "him" are a little bi but I prefer men and "he" prefers women. Having had the oppurtunity I turned it down, he was a openly gay man that liked men and that didn't do a thing for me. Now a nice guy looking for a hot time with a hot girl might be a different story

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

My answer was not on there LOL

I was already Bi before I started dressing. At the start I did not dress other than really because it made me feel good and it made me feel sexy, which it still does. Just recently, I'd say in the past 5 months have I been getting attracted to the thought of dressing and meeting men for that reason, however, I have not made it out of the house yet so I guess I really can't say.

Kaylee
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]I must say you look maavelous in those shoes![/SIZE]

Hmmmm...

In regards to myself i don't think that my cd'ing had anything to do with my sexuality in the beginning...but am still researching.

I've been with the ladies as a man, I've been with men as a man. But the bestest was me dressed as a woman with a woman.

Personally, I am very picky about who comes into my bed. Their has to be more of a connection along with attraction.

peace

jaye

I am only attracted to women. I look at other crossdressers because they look like women.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I personally have fantasized about what it would be like to be with a man. I have always loved the ladies. Their looks, apperance, curves etc. I see a woman walking down the street and think god, i wish i could be her or look just like her. Then i think what it would be like to be with a man as a girl. Personally, i think i like the fact that i can look like a girl and still be with them. Either to envy them or be with them in every way shape or form. So, its girls for me all the way, But the thought still remains.
    Jessica.

I have always been bi, but i'm more attracted to men when I am Dressed.

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Male/female is not the whole issue for me.

If it looks like a girl, walks like a girl, talks like a girl...

It must be a duck, right?

I'm attracted to physical femininity. Masculinity turns me off, hard.
    Or not hard. Or whatever. :P

Is that still homosexuality if I can be attracted to a guy because he looks like a woman? Is that even sexuality, or am I just lonely and in heat?
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dashi30 View Post
    I was already Bi before I started dressing. At the start I did not dress other than really because it made me feel good and it made me feel sexy, which it still does. Just recently, I'd say in the past 5 months have I been getting attracted to the thought of dressing and meeting men for that reason, however, I have not made it out of the house yet so I guess I really can't say.

Kaylee
    same for me.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Having felt the attraction for a man while dressed, and making a date (which he cancelled), I am proven ready for the opportunity to see if this is for me.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I don't think I'd want the disappointment many GG's experience with Gm's.
    Last edited by Joy Carter; 07-17-2007 at 03:52 AM.

I voted no, as such, although I tend to class myself more as assexual with slight heterosexual leanings. In other words I don't often feel sexually attracted to anyone (even my wife I have to admit) but then every once in a while things stir up I only want women.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

I sometimes have fantasies about men but as a sort of accessory or validation of me while in a female role. I have recently been approached by men while dressed en-femme on two occasions and I was kissed on one of them. I must say, the kiss didn't do much for me but that may well have been because of the stressful circumstances (long story that I detailed in a another thread in this forum). However, I did get a glow of satisfaction that I looked hot enough that they noticed me and liked what they saw. It was a sort of "job well done" feeling that my dressing efforts actually worked..tempered by the fact that they were not fooled into thinking I was a GG..."Excuse me, hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are a gorgeous tranny" was the chat up line they both used.

In male mode I am never sexually attracted to men but will always notice pretty females and their clothes. My feelings are invariably that I want to look as attractive as them...almost to *be* them. But attractive to who ? A difficult question. To myself I suppose, but....

Does that make me gay or bisexual ? I haven't a clue.

BTW, I answered "yes" to the fantasizing option in the poll.

My feelings for someone are never related at all to dressing Rita.

Great thread! Now let me see? As a male I’ve never been keen on the ‘one night stand’, for me sex has always needed to mean more than a quick shag! I believe I would feel the same when dressed. So although I wouldn’t strictly rule out an affair with a man, he would have to do plenty of ground work to convince me that it was the right thing to do! I don’t think I’m homosexual: I’ve never ‘been’ with a man or have considered it as an option, but when I’m dressed I’m trying to look, act and be female and females are attracted to men (mainly), therefore I might consider it given the right circumstances. Or would I?

Actually I don’t know, I suppose I’ll have to wait and see how I react should the situation ever occur, but it’s not a situation that I would go and look for.

Yours (blonde and confused) Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have always been hetro, but you can bet I hit the books a lot as a teenager to research my condition and make SURE I was NOT somehow "gay" to a degree---Very few teens really know what "homosexual" really is at that age, especially back in the mid sixties.

Well, ro my releif, I discovered I was not homosexual, but I was still puzzled as to why I CDed.----I worked that out many years later, as being a method I use to "detach" from my primary identity, primarily for stress releif and relaxation.

As for dressing to attract men? What normal, hetro guy would be attracted to a CD? A gay guy perhaps, but---Indeed, would that not be "fishing with the wrong bait"? Any CD who thinks "she" can attract a man and hold his attention long enough to have sex is dreaming or has a serious mental judgement problem.----- who would be fooling whom?

I do beleive that there ARE some CDs both gay and straight , who DO seriously try this however---To ME it suggests a REAL and unique mental judgement problem that MIGHT be associated directly with whatever condition is causing them to CD in the first place.====Mind you, I dont meam ALL CDs, but perhaps a single SPECIFIC condition causing CD, of which there are many, that do not cause such judgement lapses.

Silver Member
    well if you fantasize about men and women and cds then you are probably bi in orientation even though you never had sex with a guy---I have explored My bisexuality and find it very enjoyable.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

Thanks to all of you who have participated in this Poll

So far the results, as I read them, show that Crossdressing has had a powerful affect on many of our members sexual practices.

I acknowledge that this poll is not very scientific and I am just an amateur when it comes to polling, I still am intrigued by the data.

I apologize if there was not a question more appropriate for your experience.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

I really don't like to talk about something like this, only because the subject can get "get out of hand" ( no pun intended) rather quickly.
    I voted the "experiment" option. 'nuff said.

Somebody once said, "I'll try anything once, sometimes twice, just to be sure I did it right the first time."
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

My interest in men came at the same time I began crossdressing. However, my interest came from a female perspective. I wanted to be and felt I should have been female when I was quite young. I looked at boys and fantasized about being with them but as a girl. Bringing reality into the situation I knew I couldn't since I was physically male. This was in the mid-60s and I knew there was something wrong with me and I was not 'normal' so I tried to repress everything and be a 'normal' boy. It didn't work and I continued dressing whenever I could and would think about being with a boy and all time continuing to present my male self to the world.

I did date girls and eventually got married which I should not have done. I should have come out as a gay transsexual a long time ago. My goal should have been to make enough money to have a sex change and then meet a man who would have been accepting of that fact. I would then be heterosexual and not gay. So the whole issue is quite confusing. Since I am physically male then I am gay but then I have enjoyed sex with women and especially with my wife, but then I 've always wanted to be them instead of me. So I am bisexual. I am leaving my wife to be with men or preferrably one man so I will only be gay. Mentally I will be female.

I have had sex with men both while dressed and not dressed and I always put myself in a female frame of mind when I am with them. If that makes any sense to anyone. It does to me.

I didn't vote because I didn't which category I fit into.

Bonnie

PS I am seeing a gender psychiatrist even though I will not be transitioning.

I've experimented with men in the past, while dressed as a woman. But I found that i really am not attracted to guys at all. For that matter, the only transpeople I find myself attracted to are ones that are very female in appearance and disposition. I have very little desire to be with a CD, but I have been with a couple of M2F TS, which I found enjoyable (on the same level as being with a GG). So pretty much I have found that i am a M2F Trans-Lesbian, if I had to put a label on it.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I have been CD'ing for years. It was always as an attempt to get certain men to look at me and want me to be their sex partner. As time went forward, I found CD'ing to be a full expression of who I want to be. I think about it all the time and find my relationships with family has gone sour as I know they will never accept my CD or TG'ing. I have been out in public en femme, I go to beauty salons for hair styling, waxing, pedicures and makeup lessons. I love to correspond with men and arrange meetings with them for sex. I look for guys who are "into" CDers and go with the fantasy in their minds. However, when I am out in male attire, my eyes and heart are drawn to young beautiful women as sex partners I would like to be with (milfs for example). At this point, I am really confused and don't know who or what I am. I enjoy sex acts with men, but am not into long affairs with them or do I find them easy to look at all the time. I mean, I don't notice men when I am out unless I am dressed. I should seek a therapist, I guess, but I have no coverage for that kind of treatment. So I go with my flights of excitement and look forward to my next liason. What is all this?

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Rita View Post
    I apologize if there was not a question more appropriate for your experience.
    No need to apologize ... but I was going to make a comment about that. For me, crossdressing IS my sexuality. Some of my fantasies involve men and CDing, some involve women and CDing.

The idea of two guys getting it on doesn't do anything for me.

I also like to make a distinction between sexual identity (who I am as a sexual being), sexual orientation (who I would like to have sex with), and affectional orientation. Though I'm biologically male, my sexual identity is female. My sexual orientation is bi, or maybe a better word is "mixed." My affectional orientation is strictly toward women. I have zero interest in being romantically or emotionally close to a guy.

***Jenna***

When I'm a boy I'm totally a boy. I love girls and love being with them sexually. But when I'm a girl I'm totally a girl. I need a man to satisfy me. Like I've said before about myself - it's almost like a split personality thing for me. So I supposed I'm straight both ways. lol