Thread: First Trip to a CD Bar

First Trip to a CD Bar

This weekend I plan to visit The Stage Door in Tucker, GA. This is the first time I've ever been to this type of club. Do you think I should go wearing male clothing and maybe just something underneath?

An extra outfit in the car to change into, maybe? I'd really hate to walk in dressed in something short, sexy and ****ty... and there be nothing but guys inside.

Go enfemme for sure.. And so what if their are a bunch of guys there? When you walk in they will probably be thinking.. "Wish I had worn something like that"... Lol. and if your going to wear something ****ty... Why the concern over guys seeing you? Going out by definition means that you want others to see you.. Maybe something a little more conservative on your first time there might be in order unless you want everyone to think your just a ****.. Hehe

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The first time I ever went to a gay resort club, guess what? I was the only CD there and it was a long weekend, 4th of July no less (and the place was packed with gay folks), about 4 years ago. Didn't have a problem and never have since. I say go dressed. you can definately have some fun.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Trust me (from experience)....the men aren't looking for a "woman", and the women aren't looking for a "guy in a dress". They all know why you're there and why they're there. Go dressed and enjoy yourself.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

girl next door
    While I agree with my friends' comments above, I appreciate your apprehension. It's no big thing if you've been doing it a while, but can be nerve-wracking at first. Perhaps you could go the night before (if it's not too far from home) and just kinda check the plae out first, that may give you a lil extra confidence. Or just going for it is okay too. Good luck, and do let us know. xoxo Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Funny you should ask....

Depends on what your purpose is. I went to my first "CD bar" last night, but I went in my male mode. My main purpose was just to scope out the place and see if it was for me. It was, however, I was the only lady there not dressed, and no one hardly even talked to me except for the bartender. Looking back now, I kinda wished I had went dressed up, I might have felt more like I fit in, and have been more sociable.

Oh well, maybe next time. I'm still very new at the idea of going out.

I suppose that's it. If you're used to going out en femme than by all means, do so. It's your privilege. If however you're not, and just testing the waters, than take it by whatever steps, big or small, you deem necessary.

Good luck.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Ha!

Forgive me. I don't normally use emoticons...but the name of the city - Tucker - and the type of bar.

It reminded me of a Christmas dinner a group of us had some years back. It was in a private dinning room at a nice Italian restaurant. From time to time one of us would go upstairs to use the lady's room and I guess people noticed something was up. A young woman came down the stairs and stood at the bottom. She pointed at Carol and said "Are you Tucker?" and someone said "We're all Tucker's here."

Go as a girl there will be all kinds of people there and you will be accepted. I do and I am

Michelle Liz

I say go for it!! Best of luck! And please do let us know how it went, ok?
    Happiest in High Heel Boots!

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    If I were going to a bar that caters to CD/TG/TS, then you can bet I'd be dressed for the occasion...

I say femme all the way...

Going out

I would say to go dressed. I hang out in several different local gay and lesbian bars and I rarely see anyone dressed other than me but I have had no problems. I was out last Sunday night a young girl made a nice comment about my top.

You're lucky. I wish I had a CD bar nearby...

Tammy,

One solution is to go with a friend. (Or at least some one you know). The T-girls in Atlanta go there all the time, but usually arrange to meet on a particular place on a given day. I don't know if this Friday is Stage Door night or not.

Check your private email for more info from me about Georgia T girls.

Also there are several members on this board who live in Atlanta and go there frequently.

Go dressed, you won't have any problems (except your wig smelling like smoke afterward). There is no telling if any other CDs will be there.

Hugs, Lori

Aspiring Member
    like sarah there isnt too many places to go around here. thank god i live where i can get out for a night and enjoy myself. being from no where has its drawbacks.

yes go out as your other ego and do have fun

Quote Originally Posted by CD Tammy View Post
    This weekend I plan to visit The Stage Door in Tucker, GA. This is the first time I've ever been to this type of club. Do you think I should go wearing male clothing and maybe just something underneath?

An extra outfit in the car to change into, maybe? I'd really hate to walk in dressed in something short, sexy and ****ty... and there be nothing but guys inside.
    I'd really hate to walk in dressed in something short, sexy and ****ty...

I'm trying to wrap my brain around that one but can't seem to do it -
    Kisses,
    Elizabeth

http://profiles.urnotalone.com/ElizabethHeatherton

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizabethheatherton/

http://profiles.yahoo.com/lipsticksiss

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ladies...guid=242225087

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. ~Japanese Proverb

"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want." -
    -- Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by CD Tammy View Post

If you have an opportunity to go and look around not dressed, that might be an option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tammy,
    Most definately go Enfemme. I have gone to The Stage Door dozens of times and on any weekend night you will find 15 to 20 T- girls there. Bryan the owner has only one rule there....RESPECT the other patrons... No one will hassle you and they will welcome you with open arms. In fact i will probably be going there on Saturday nite.
    Hope to see you there,
    Brenda