Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So.... You want to feel what it's like, huh?

Bunny Slippers Of Doom Frankie-Dear's Avatar

So.... You want to feel what it's like, huh?

Last night, my wife and I were talking about what it feels like to be a woman. She said, "You wanna' know? Fine: Get in there and clean up the kitchen, wash the dishes, do the laundry, take out the trash, feed the cats, get Julia ready for bed, and then go clean the bathroom."

Hrmmm.... Maybe I need to re-think this....
    -Frankie

Any path of value will point the way within.

So many worlds, so little time...

iNFj
    Cluster Headache Support/Information
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Hmmm, sounds like my day today...

Get up, put on my face, get dressed, vaccum, do laundry, dry fold and put it up, do dinner, and when I get finished the dishes...

...made her a right good little wife, and love every minute of it too...

Except for the Julia part that sounds pretty much like my life

... oh of course there are all my clothes, shoes and makeup.

Doens't your wife have all this ... poor GG ... she get's a ... life is so unfair.
    Last edited by Marla S; 07-20-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Being vs Doing

Pretty sad that people think their existance is defined by their "economic" function.
    If you get away from the chaos, step aside from the petty demands of day to day drudgery and find the stillness of simply Being, what is it like?
    It seems if we say we want to "feel what it's like" we're talking about a more basic sense of Body.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Easy there, Teresa. It was purely a humorous exchange, although I *did* help out with the chores.
    -Frankie

iNFj
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Silver Member
    Nicely put, Frankie,

Don't forget the low pay, harrassment in the workplace, poor advancment prospects, inability to walk where we want alone, and unwanted sexual advances in public to name a few more.

Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Nicely put, Frankie,

Don't forget the low pay, harrassment in the workplace, poor advancment prospects, inability to walk where we want alone, and unwanted sexual advances in public to name a few more.

Steph
    Unwanted sexual advances in public. Hmmmmm, being that it has never happened to me. Who's to say I wouldn't want it to happen at least once?

Ouch. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-Dear View Post
    Last night, my wife and I were talking about what it feels like to be a woman. She said, "You wanna' know? Fine: Get in there and clean up the kitchen, wash the dishes, do the laundry, take out the trash, feed the cats, get Julia ready for bed, and then go clean the bathroom."

*smiles kindly* ......... Why do ya think I wanna be boy....

Xaff,
    Everyday I breake the law........of Gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    Unwanted sexual advances in public. Hmmmmm, being that it has never happened to me. Who's to say I wouldn't want it to happen at least once?
    Well Sandy it might be different for a CD, but for a GG thats a pretty frightening experience and not one that makes you feel particularly attractive or feminine. More a case of feeling threatened, uneasy and worthless.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    Well Sandy it might be different for a CD, but for a GG thats a pretty frightening experience and not one that makes you feel particularly attractive or feminine. More a case of feeling threatened, uneasy and worthless.
    Bev
    Come on Bev, I'm not talking being grabbed or followed. I can't believe a woman would be upset if she gets whistled at now and then.

It was purely a humorous exchange
    Sorry, just in a grim mood so I missed the intent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Nicely put, Frankie,

Steph
    Specifically
    inability to walk where we want alone
    I have that as a male. And it's not just because I'm a goth. Most towns I've lived in there are places that any rational male wouldn't walk alone at night. I remember one self destructive show-off was bragging in my Karate class many years ago how he was intending to walk through part of town after midnight and our sensai said that he wouldn't do so himself and unless the student could defeat the sensai or simultaneously defeat three other students then he would be a total moron to try. He went on to give a demonstration of the difficulty of fighting barehanded mutiple unskilled opponents with (plastic) knives.. it sobered the braggart up very quickly.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    Come on Bev, I'm not talking being grabbed or followed. I can't believe a woman would be upset if she gets whistled at now and then.
    Sandy, I need to be a bit carefull here because the last time I went off on this subject I got slapped down fairly hard. And, of course, this thread started out as a fairly light-hearted humorous post by Frankie. . . But . . . For most GGs, getting whistled at in public is part and parcel the same as getting grabbed or followed. The results are not the same, of course, but the assumption, by men, that most women WANT public sexual attention is a male myth. This sort of attention is degrading and scarey. The idea, held by many, many men, that this behavior is somehow acceptable or desired by women is just plain false. Women just want to be people, same as you. The thought of being whistled at in public is titilating when it has never happened to you perhaps, but listen to Bev. She is, after all, a GG, and so deserves her opinion on this subject.

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack your thread, Frankie.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Very good point, Batty
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 07-19-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Aspiring Member

Smile

most often i am the one doing that anyway so its no big deal! my wife tells people im the best housewife shes ever met. Thanks again mom.

Well I just did the dishes as
    Angie

Well, I fixed the porch, did the dishes, fixed the wheels on the microwave stand and got supper ready for the wife, who was working...BJ

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

the key

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    Pretty sad that people think their existance is defined by their "economic" function.
    If you get away from the chaos, step aside from the petty demands of day to day drudgery and find the stillness of simply Being, what is it like?
    It seems if we say we want to "feel what it's like" we're talking about a more basic sense of Body.
    Theresa,

I think you have captured the key to this question. It's not a matter of function. I've been divorced for a dozen years. If I don't do the basic household maintenance chores, they don't get done. Although I frequently do these chores en femme, they do not make me feel especially female or male - they are just things that need to get done... If partners don't share the workload, are they truly partners?

Lee

Clothing or doing certain things do not make a person masculine or feminine. It's more of a sense of self.

See I never said I wanted to be a woman or even feel like a woman.. That's why its truely the best of both genders!!! Don't have to do all that un-fun stuff and not grumpy 5 days out of the month!! And anyway... If I can pretend to be a woman might as well pretend to be a rich woman and hire a pretend maid!!

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hey! There ya' go!! I may have to fire our pretend maid. I never see her, and she never seems to DO anything!
    -Frankie

iNFj
    MENSA International
    Eckankar

Smile

Except for feeding the cats and getting Julia ready for bed, Thats about what I do around here, that is if I feel up to it.
    Jolene

Ha Ha Ha

Thats funny - that sounds just like something my wife would say!

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

As long as I can do it all in nylons and high heels

I love being Susie home maker when I am enfemme.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Thank god for women's liberation because I'd just have to say, "I don't think so, I have a job. But I will hire a maid."