Thread: Almost OUTED myself, but fortunately caught it before it happened.

Almost OUTED myself, but fortunately caught it before it happened.

What I mean is that I was outside on a smoke break, and there was a woman I work with (meaning we work for the same company), and she was wearing the cutest shoes, I realized why they looked so familiar is because I recently inherited an almost identical pair (mine have a low heel, hers are flats), from my GG friend. I was about to make the following comment "I have a pair of shoes just like that at home". WOW.. talk about a narrow escape ~giggles~

So, have any of you done or said something that "outed" you before you realized what you said? How did you handle it?

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Not that I'll admit to....

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Not yet, but it's very hard not to... You know that if your heart is full of excitement, it is very hard to keep your mouth shut about it.

Been there, done that...

Dita

Quite a few times, actually. Sometime's when I see a GG wearing the cuting outfit, I just want to compliment them on and ask them where they got it.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I very nearly did the same thing. I saw a women in our church wearing some shoes I had bought at Payless. I ALMOST said" Don't you love those shoes!"

Of course she would have replied "how would YOU know?"

And my wife is constantly telling me my mouth is not connected to my brain.
    Last edited by Shadeauxmarie; 07-27-2007 at 08:12 AM.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

One day I was in the company lunch room when Steph..... came in. She was wearing a lovely pale green sheath dress with a overlay cover. I looked up and out of mouth comes "Did you buy that from the Chadwick catalog?" She looks at me and said "Yes, I did...How did you know?" I repied that I saw it in the new one that just came in the mail". That is when I realized that "UH OH...time to do some quick thinking". She looks at me and says "How come you know so much about fashions?" I replied that I collect VS catalogs and once you on one mailing list you automaticaly get on others and besides I like to look at the models. She just rolls her eyes, shook her head and walked out of the lunchroom. All I said was true.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Oh dear now, I have misled you

'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

There are far too many opportunities Kandis to open ones mouth and insert both high heeled feet simultaneously.

My most obvious faux pas was during the last years of my teaching career. On entering the college one evening the head of evening classes (GG) was in reception with the two lady receptionists. The outfit the head of evening classes was wearing so gorgeous I just opened my BIG mouth and said "What a stunning outfit M.., it looks gorgeous on you, where did you buy it?" At which point M.. has a grin from ear to ear and the two lady receptionists have eyes rolled back in their heads thinking I must be nuts or something. Guys just DO NOT make statements like that or ask such questions..

On reflection I think I went up two points on the head of evening classes scale and down four points in the eyes of the receptionists. Ho Hum, but it was a gorgeous outfit.

I nearly made comment on a customer of mine's long nails and the designs she had on them, and the fact that they were almost an inch longer than the end of her fingers....

i nearly said something along the lines of... I know how hard writing can be with nails like that.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I was once at a party and told a girl I knew that I had the same kind of black knee high boots that she was wearing. She just kind of smiled. I'm not sure if she actually believed me or not, but I just threw it out there to see what kind of reaction I would get. It turned out to be no big deal.

mouth slips

I've "recovered" after making a comment about some GG's outfit that I thought was especially nice, by saying "I wonder if they have it in petite." One look at me and they know I'm not talking about myself. That comment has saved me a couple of times.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

My GGF's sister cuts hair part time. One time last summer we stopped in to pick up my future nieces. There was a customer getting her hair cut. It was the most beautiful hair that I had ever seen. My gf's sister told her customer that her hair would make aw some real hair wigs. I opened my mouth without thinking and stated that yes it would. My gf bumped me and I corrected myself real quick by adding that maybe the girl in the chair should donate her hair to a wig company that helps cancer patients.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Not that any co worker will ever take seriously...just to obvious to really believe...my standing joke is how Max Klinger is my hero, and how I will section 8 < it a military thing > out early for my retirement in a micro mini and 6" heels...

If only they really knew just how quick I would if I could

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    ...I was about to make the following comment [B]"I have a pair of shoes just like that at home"....

So, have any of you done or said something that "outed" you before you realized what you said? How did you handle it?
    I've had a few close calls where I've WANTED to say something. I work in an office where most of the women wear skirts/dresses every day and a few of them own some of the EXACT things I have in my closet back home. I can look at them sitting at their desk, or walking along, and know exactly what they feel like, since I had spent hundreds of hours wearing the exact same outfit! I really have to stop myself from making some comment along the lines of "That is a wonderful dress, I have one just like it!"

The one time that really got me, though, was years and years ago when I was still living with my parents. I had managed to get my hands on a really nice silk skirt/blouse set in a dusty rose color. It was so light the skirt almost floated as I walked.

So I came home from school one night and my mom (who, at the time, was the same size as I was) was getting ready to go out, and she was wearing the exact same thing!! I was so shocked, it literally stopped me in my tracks. I though she had not only found my stash, but had 'borrowed' my outfit! I was waiting for her to confront me about it, but she didn't say a thing. As soon as I could, I went to my room dug out my stash and confirmed that MY outfit was still there. I am SO glad I didn't blurt out something like 'Why are you wearing my skirt?"

I'm surprised she hadn't noticed my face turn white when I first saw her!

PS: I REALLY miss that outfit. It was lost (along with many other really nice things) during the one time in my life that I purged
    Last edited by Cristi; 07-27-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Aspiring Member

outed;

i like to make comments to the girls, like i love your nails are they real? or thats such a pretty outfit!! it (like it would us) makes our day to get a compliment. the tobacco shop i go to has a real pretty woman, she wont let me out til i tell her a joke. at the dollar store the other day i was buying some fake nails and the girl asked are these for you? i just said yeah but their not in my color! she laughed and said they had all colors i said i didnt have time today, she said come back shed be happy to help! huh?ill wait til they have a end of summer sale and get her to help me find some out fits!!!

This is part of my everyday work banter with the girls. I think for every 'nearly' moment there's probably a hundred that we do unknowingly. I'm sure these girls aint stupid!

Mitch

As a matter of fact, I have...

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post

Kandis

Like so many GG's, I am a total shoe nut. Shoes are one of the first things I notice whenever I see a girl...anyway,

I work with a woman who I noticed had on an extremely cute pair of sandals one day. When I got home that afternoon, (I get off work several hours earlier than she does) I called her and I just said, "This may seem like an unusual question, but I noticed you had on some really cute sandals this morning...I was just wondering where you found them?" There was a pause that lasted for about two seconds, and then she not only told me where she bought them, but she told me what brand they were, too! When I ran into her at work the following day, she just looked at me and smiled--but she has never said anything to me. That was several months ago.

Maybe a gutsy move on my part, but I just decided to go for it. No biggie. Who says guys can't have any fashion sense? lol
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

umm lets see, yep sure have as i've mentioned in other post that alot of times it is very hard for me to hide taylor since she's like 90 percent of my personality, just about every night i end up making a comment to one of the girls at work, which as it was said earlier their not stupid, i Think that just about even single GG that i Work with can tell, But the GM's they are completely ignoreant to it, at least they've never let on, or seem to care they probably just assume i'm gay (which I'm Not) Bi yes, but I very Much prefer Women, i would not date a guy
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission