View Poll Results: How accepting is (was) your wife/SO?

Voters
603. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not disclosed, don't intend to

26 4.31%
  • Haven't come out, but hope to

23 3.81%
  • Unaccepting SO

74 12.27%
  • Tolerates it... mostly don't ask, don't tell

126 20.90%
  • Generally accepting, some days better than others

126 20.90%
  • Accepting and supportive, God bless her (him)

228 37.81%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: How Accepting is Your Wife/SO ?

I checked "Tolerates..."

But that is not the whole story. Sometimes she is very supportive, for example shopping with me for femme items. Other times she gets upset when I even mention the subject. Her reaction is highly unpredictable to the extent that I normally get too stressed out to dress when she is around...which means that I hardly dress at all these days...which gets me stressed out...and so it goes on...

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Tolerates, but does not accept nor support

Wow what a bunch of lucky girls are you who have a supporting S.O...

I am not that lucky. I was busted years ago once when she came home early and I had nowhere to hide. Since then she knew, but didn't say a word about it. From there on I did my very best to avoid discovery, which lasted until recently. Lately I changed my attitude and told her about my increased urge for Cross Dressing because, among other things, I was not ashamed of it anymore.

She answered that she could not prevent me from doing it as I had the right to express myself the way I want to... But she would appreciate if I could keep it out of her sight. She said that it was a problem that she was having with it, and she didn't really blame me for doing it.

So there is where it sits and where it probably stays. She's very sensitive and smells a rat from a mile distance and since I am not ashamed anymore, I have become a little more sloppy, so afterwards she picks up on little clues and acts as she knows, but says barely anything. She will tell me to take the polish off my fingernails for instance without further comments. (I use transparent uncolored polish as basis for my glue-on nails). But she did tell me after finding my avatar picture, that I look a lot better with dark hair as with blond.

But there is no hope in sight as yet that she will ever become supportive in the sense that she will help me with cross dressing, let alone go on a shopping trip together.

But... I have learned to never say never...

Dita.

girl next door
    I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the results so far. I wouldn't have guessed the accepting/supporting #'s would be so high. While this is by no means scientific, the results really are encouraging.

As for those who answered unaccepting or even tolerates only, my heart really does go out to you. I suffered through the anguish of that stage, and our marriage tetered on the edge not to long ago. Fortunately, my wife, like Dita's, came to the realization that the problem was her reaction/lack of acceptance more than my actual dressing. It took alot of work on her part, for which I'm most grateful, but she's really come around. So please don't lose hope, as love can lead to understanding and in turn to acceptance.

Thank you all for your responses.

xoxo

Tammi

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Barron View Post
    .... I think she'd be OK with the dressing, but not how I feel about it...
    I definitely hadn't thought of that one. I'd be curious to see if there are others in that same boat.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Smile joann426

boy my wife was kind of not excepting for a while we went to conseling but that didnt happen either i told her i didnt want to be a women but dress like one and have funwith it and have her with me to we are not diviorce and not planning to get one she knows just what i want and is letting me have my clothes and boobs to i think she really likes it to because we have bought colthes together and she let me have them we dont have sex but we can be two friends (girl) and go out together she even bought me a purse so i do believe she like me that way

is very content! Victoria Gizelle's Avatar
    My Wife totally accepts and understands Victoria and her needs. Has helped out very much in her coming out, have gone out shopping together for everything for her... dresses, make-up, heels, pantys and bras, nylons....very LUCKY to have married MY BEST FRIEND...

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I think the weel thought out categories..yeilded some interesting results.

Basically it says that you have an over 85% chance of being able to stay married and express yourself through dressing with some degree of tolerance. As CD'ers I think we often long for the ideal, but the reality doesn't see so horrific.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Accepting wife

My wife is just begining to accept this need in me. She now suggests that I get changed and buys me little presents. I am so glad I told her.

Someday

Right now I would have to say that the love of my life is unaccepting. We have a number of other issues going on right now that we are working through, and what she needs of me is to be the man she married. We have agreed to discuss it more once our major financial stresses are dealt with. I think that she will have a lot of fun with the whole thing, once we have a bit more breathing space.

I have a new partner who I told about my other self soon after we started seing each other. The reason is that both of us have a troubled past and have suffered badley in our previous relationships and I wanted this one to be built on TRUST It turned out that Sarah had allso had a few things that she wanted to tell me.
    We started out knowing more about each other than most couples find out in there life time together
    She likes me to dress for games with her and knowes that I dress at other times, how ever we keep it hidden from our 2 1/2 year old son
    One thing I have noticed is that Sarah has changed the way she dresses, She now wears clothes very simular to the style that I do whene dressed

I checked the nonaccepting s/o. My wife found out about Jennifer a year ago, and after some talks and discussions for a couple of weeks nothing has been said about it since March.

My wife is accepting more every day. She knows all, would rather not see me dressed, But accepts the fact that this is what I like. She will go shopping with me at times. So overall she is pretty cool with it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I voted accepting, God bless her! I know just how lucky I am, I count my blessings every day. She will help me buy things, and I can usually dress at home any time I like (which lately isn't that much, LOL).
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Not only is my wife accepting, and supportive, she does not care if I go out as Carroll....It more me that avoids going out
    Last edited by Carroll; 07-29-2007 at 06:18 PM.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Thank you Tammi!

My SO, Jamie, is so supportive. The best thing is, I have gained a girlfriend who can teach me all the parts of being a woman I could never learn from TV or a book. I want to give a HUGE thanks to all the supportive SOs out there who help us sexy girls out... we really do appreciate it! Jamie of course gets the

Kaylee
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]I must say you look maavelous in those shoes![/SIZE]

Chewies sister-moulted!
    My wife accepts Michelle , thank god ! Helps me with my dress sense , make up tips the lot .

My wife is my life saver. She is more OK with my dressing than I am. She loves it had has helped me greatly.

Tiffany
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

First Wife, I told her before we got married and she said that was fine and never said anything when iwas wearing stufff around the house. After we got married it was a HUGE problem.

Girlfriend of now 4 years and we live together. She has know from the start and she loves it, we shop together, have girl nights etc. She is the best thing in the world.

My SO insists that i dress when she is around me. There is the rare occasion when she wants D***** around but she prefers Patricia.

Unhappy unsupporite so

so is not accepting at all been married 16years. Every once in awhile she finds my colths and cuts them up in little pieces and leaves them on the bed.

Banned Read only
    Yes, I'm fortunate that my wife is "accepting and supportive." However, this doesn't tell the whole story (what poll could?). Clearly, it isn't always easy for her and, consequently, us. For example: when I do dress it is rarely at home which, of course, means that Mrs Sheena is home alone - I have to admit this is not the best thing for our marriage. I try hard to temper my need to dress with what's best for the both of us.

My wife is accepting most of my clothing however, when I put on a bra she gets uncomfy. It is not about the bra..It is the fact that my boobs are in shape and very well noticeable. She fears people laugh about me (..or us) when being out in public.
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

Good poll ... i'm glad that i told Alexis the day we met... I love her more and more each day.. she's a great girl..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Tammi

I picked the last one ... but I would won't I? People tell me all the time that I'm living the dream, and certainly from my perspective, they're absolutely correct .... and not just for crossdressing reasons either. I grant you, having a wife who describes herself as "trans- amorous" and looked to date a cder before she met me isn't exactly common place in the world.

Hugs
    Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

We are married 35 yrs. I told her after 10 yrs. I get out about 1 or 2x a month. Some of my femme clothes are in our closet. Hardly ever talks about it. I go to the fantasia fair each year for the last 8 yrs. I guess Im luckier than most.

Terri

Understanding SO

My wife didn't find out I was a lifelong CD until I admitted it to her 20 years into our marriage. She was far angrier about the deception of my secret life than she was about the actual crossdressing. Fortunately for us she has gone to great lengths not only to understand and accept it but also to accomadate the desires all of us CD's have. From being able to dress regularly to sharing closet space to shopping for clothing she has allowed my alter ego to become an intregal part of our marriage. With a lot of open and honest communication we have defined boundaries and established reasonable expectations. So far since the two years that have passed since the dreadful day I came out she has met the challenges that my crossdrssing has posed to our relationship with great empathy, compassion and good humor. It wasn't easy and it requires a lot of continuing hard work on both our parts but our marriage is in far better shape since I told her.
    I feel for my fellow sisters that do not have the luxury of expressing their femininty in an open and trusting setting because of SO's that can't come to terms with their partners desires.
    It's not for everyone but the one thing that she told me that has stayed with me is that at least she will never get bored wondering what I will look like every time I step out of the bedroom.

Jenny L.