Thread: Adventure in Chicago

Adventure in Chicago

I love reading the amazing journeys of Karren and Kim. They have really been my source of inspiration for getting out while on the road. I am in Chicago and just finished up three days of business here. I was hoping to get out twice while I was here.

I arrived on Wednesday and immediately went out to an early dinner with 4 business associates at the original Pizzeria Uno. A super meal and then we headed over to Wrigley Stadium to watch the Cubs play Philly. My plan was to meet up with the Island Girls later that night at the Edge for their big Wednesday meeting, but the game was one of those long slow ones that never end. None of this 3 up and 3 down. Every inning dragged on. As the game slowly moved on, all I could think of was changing into Kristen. But, as luck would have it, we did not get back to the hotel until after midnight, hardly enough time to change and get down to the Edge. Drat. Small consolation, but at least I wore an awesome pair of panties to Wrigley Field.

Except for some shopping on Thursday (in the clothing thread) my next adventure would have to wait until Friday night.

One of the wonderful things about this forum is meeting gals from all over the country and then meeting up with them when you travel. I was looking for a Friday night activity and Michelle from these boards (in Chicago) contacted me about Hunters. Hunters is a gay bar and she said she goes there every week. She would be glad to meet me there and said I could change at the room she rents across the street at a Howard Johnsons hotel. We coordinated schedules and I met her around 9:30 P.M.

Michelle’s a cute girl and is real sweet. When I arrived at the hotel, she was already dressed so I had the awkward “meeting in guy mode moment”. We hugged, chatted a bit and I got changed. I had asked Michelle about what to wear and she said the shorter the better. I chose my dungaree skirt (pictures below) and while I am not in love with this look on me, it was the perfect choice for Hunters. When I was finally ready we took some pictures in the room and headed over to Hunters.

It was 10:30 when we walked in and there was only one other TGirl there that we could see. After a while a few more appeared and I could not have had more fun. “Hi!! I’m Kristen from Boston. Love your dress!!” “Hi I’m Kristen form Boston….where did you get those shoes!!!” I made friends all night long. By midnight the place was rocking, and although there were only about a dozen of us girls that night, there were well over 200 guys there, paying much more attention to each other than us.

What I love about Hunters is that they have an outside area like Randolph Country Club (for you Massachusetts girls). I sat outside until 2AM with Ericka, Stephanie, Jill (GG), Gina, Brianne and two of the cutest young guys. One of them, Mike, talked with me for over an hour asking a ton of question about my dressing. Wow….do I love attention.

It was sooo much fun being Kristen in an environment where you feel so much at home. I actually enjoyed walking to the ladies room through the crowd. I liked the occasional wink and the welcoming smile. At no time, from the moment I stepped into the club until I left, did I feel the least bit uncomfortable or out of place. I’d go there any time.

Around 2AM I headed back to the hotel, walked through the empty lobby and by half asleep desk manager. I took a photo of myself in the hotel’s food pantry area. I’m trying to be like you Karren but I’ve got a ways to go and then took some more photos back in the room.

After changing I got back to downtown Chicago and into bed at 4:30 AM, had a wake-up call at 6:30AM and was in a business meeting at 7:30AM.

It was an amazing time! Thank you Chicago!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kristen,

It was so nice to meet you in Orlando.
    Those are some lovely pictures.
    I'm glad you had a nice trip to Chicago.
    Sorry we didn't get to chat after the meeting, unfortunately my home is an hours drive, but I hope you had a great time.
    Hopefully, we'll get to meet again. Possibly at SCC in Atlanta?

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Way to go Kristen! I've never been to Hunters - I usualy go to TEmptations 'cause they have karoake. :-)
    I would like to check the place out though, but would hate to go alone. It's a lot more fun with someone to hang out with. I HAVE been to Randolp Country Club though! :-)
    I'm glad you had fun - it's so cool when that happens.
    Tough hours lady - in bed at 430, up at 630 and a meeting at 730 - you must be tougher than I am 'cause I haven't done that in a lot of years!

Slip Lover

Lost Sleep

Oh! to be young again! I was an usher (wish it was bridesmaid) at a wedding at the Randolph CC somewhere in the twilight zone. Great report Kristen.

Ashley

Sounds like a great weekend to me!
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Kristen,

We (me, Elsia, Maryanne Sung, and someone else from here that I didn't get to meet, she left a bit early) were at the Edge that night, looking for you, but figured that the Cubs game wore you out. Next time you're in, I hope we can get a few of us together at the the Edge again.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

excellent

I love it how about this friday or saturday night we meet up. I have been goings to Icons in WI, Hunters sounds great will meet there, Let me know Sallie

Glad you had a great time. We have plans to be in Chicago in October, this give us some great ideas!

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

sounds to me like you are doing just fine and having fun along the way, you look good thank goodness for work related trips hehehe i will bet you can't wait for the next adventure

susie

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

adventures in Chicago

If your ever in Chicago PM me and I would love to get together if it works out for both of us. I live in the Chicago area and have been to Hunters a few times and always find it the best of times. I am a member of Chicago Tri-ess we meet the third saturday of every month and always welcome new comers for a visit. Look us up on chi-triess.com for details, it's a great time.

Chicago

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Chicago Kristen. Hope you have more fun trips soon. Soon it will be time for First Event!

Eileen

Kristen, Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for posting.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.