Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining - the forum (Did you tend to dress more?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just here to make freinds

Joining - the forum (Did you tend to dress more?)

Ever since joining this group - I have hit turbo on the dressing - I hope that it slows down -because I am under cover and it is hard to hide sometimes. Did you tend to dress more after joining Cders.com? Let me know because I am have having fun but I must say that I am a little worried.... thanx - Linda C
    Really enjoying this!!!

I joined 4 days ago and apart from having to go out and working i,ve been dressed ever since. But i,m not worried i ,m enjoying it

I kinda joined here and started dressing at the same time. I was like you and several times thought I needed to slow down...but I just kept roaring ahead. A lot of the things I read here from other girls encouraged me to keep trying to improve and/or taught me some lessons.

So far I too am undercover at work and with most family...but dispite running around enfemme all the time have not been busted. Just gotta be a bit careful and you will do fine. Take a look at Karren Huttons past posts to see how you can be a crazy Tgirl doing fun stuff but not mess up your regular guy life (job, family, etc.)

Hugs

When I joined, it definitely hit fast-forward on my dressing. I went out and bought stuff way more than I had previously, thought about it more, and I also definitely thought "Slow down." I still do it in secret too, but since I've joined I have come out to a few people, and they haven't really said anything about it.

So far, so good.

after joining

After Joining The Forum .. I Got The Nerve To Talk To My Wife Of 30 Plus Years ... With Her Permission - I Now Dress Most Days At Home. Still Not Into Wigs. Just Wear Lipstick And Started To Play With Eye Shadow.

Yes I Dress More After Joining - But Because The Wife Agreed.

Jc
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

Banned Read only
    i have been dressing for sometime and only found this site by chance and i only get a chance to dress every other weekend, nut when i do i got the whole hog which is very nice to do after a fortnight of having to hide. i am just glad i have a very understanding partner

Banned Read only
    Yes it has but it also helped me cope with my feelings about dressing.
    I have dressed for over 30 years but was always embarrased about it. Joined about 1 year ago lurked around for a long time and eventually made my first picture post in May. The out puring of support from this site was and is fantastic. I have completely changed my mind about CDing. I do it as much as possible and totally enjoy it. Has it put me into overdrive? Yes but I have some catching up to do. Best of luck Jodie

omm no i dressed just about every day b/4 i joined, i Came to this forum looking to learn, and to find advice on make up, and eventually going out as taylor, and coming out as taylor
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

I found that joining this forum was liberating, and as a result I picked up the courage to go and personally shop for clothes and makeup. It helped greatly knowing that there were others who understood the difficulties facing crossdressers; and there was no shortage of practical and well meaning advice. I also became less fearful of being “outed” – even though it is likely that my crossdressing will remain private and without a social dimension. As for the frequency of my crossdressing, it may have increased slightly. However, it would be as well to keep in mind that there is much more to life than crossdressing. Also what is right for others may not be right for you. So keep your two feet firmly on the ground – even when you’re wearing heels!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

I actually slowed down. I was really deeply into my femme self before coming here. Reading and absorbing everyone's comments, M T F's, F T M's. GG's, SO's, Etc. actually helped me to find the balance I needed. I had come down fast prior to that and was on the verge of quitting all together but the balance helped me to integrate everything under one overall personage I now call Salandra.

It may be a sort of, "chicken or egg thing." My participation in The Forum coincides with my participation in Tri-Ess.

I think Joanie was ready to go! And yes we dressed more, went out more, got involved more, and improved our lives. So I'm just not sure what beget what? Not sure that it matters......I'm just very happy!

Peace and Love, Joanie

You must have been reading my mind.

I am a very new member, as well; and I dressed up all day saturday, trying many of the makeup techniques found in this site. Like others that have responded..I feel liberated! I took some pictures of myself with the new and improved makeup. I did better, but still not ready to post, but I sure had fun trying!!!

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I did at first..

I did my first full dressing with makeup after joining. I was loking for every opportunity to dress every minute for the first little bit, lately though I don't know why I am not feeling as Barbara. I suspect the first spike was the repression springing out like a Jill-in-the-closet. After that I think it has returend more to what is more usual for me which is the occaisional urge, fairly easilly sated.

From my reading on here especially of older members that went through really dramatic cycles of dressing and purging that the waxing and waning is endemic to the urge.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

After joining the site, I did start to dress up a lot more, but I think it has to do with coincidence and situation more than anything else - a natural progression in other words, and said progression went much more smoothly with the help of this forum. Even though I don't post here much, I do like to take the time to read coments, experiences and such. Thanks, girls!

Yes!

I actually "came out" to my wife of 25 years before joining this website. However, I have found that because of her acceptance and my ability to open up to more people, I do dress more, even when she's around.

No change for me. I'm past the stage of trying to figure out where I fit in, figured that out years ago, now I'm just happy to find a place to hang around with kindred spirits.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Before I joined the forum my crossdressing was spasmodic. Times when I did, when I could, and then long periods when I did not. Retiring gave me more time and I have shaved my chest, back and legs for the last 18 months. Since joining the forum in December 06 I have made use of every opportunity to dress. I,m planning the next long before I know when it will be and get quite excited once the day arrives.

Love

Fran.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]When I joined I was going out but not that often, once I joined I met what has become a VERY close friend from the forum and started getting out more. I meet more members from here and have traveled the East coast meeting different members. If I were to stop dressing tommorrow I would miss the fun I have going out with the girls to Parties, Dinner, Dancing and other events. This forum hasn't made me dress more it was the people I have meet through here, and getting out with my friends, that made me dress more. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Content and Happy
    It's been almost a year since I joined and have enjoyed reading all about everyones ups and downs and personal experiences. I've been me too long to speed up or slow down. I'm in a great area of my life and love every second.

Lanore

Hell yeah!!!

My dressing has tripled after coming to this forum. thanks every one.(for this site and all that helps keep it going) i feel a lot more in touch with my inner female self now than ever before. i think thats a good thing right lol......charlie.....

Dressing less since joining

I actually dress less at the moment,but that is due to a number of reasons,mostly health issues.
    What I did gain from joining the forum was the strength to come out to my wife,who is very understanding.It is a great place to come to as there is always a thread that I can relate to & learn from. Since she now knows,I don't feel the crazy urge to dress quickly for a short while & panic in case she arrived home early. I guess I dress less but for longer,5 hours the last time,quality before quantity.My main priority is to have some clothes I can call mine. I've just ordered 2 pairs of shoes & a better wig,I hate the one I have now. I also don't want to push my wife too far too fast,best to dress less for now.

Yes I am dressing more. But its being able to talk to and read others thoughts that I like the most

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Not more, but certainly not less either

Quote Originally Posted by Linda C View Post
    Ever since joining this group - I have hit turbo on the dressing - I hope that it slows down -because I am under cover and it is hard to hide sometimes. Did you tend to dress more after joining Cders.com? Let me know because I am have having fun but I must say that I am a little worried.... thanx - Linda C
    No I have not had any tendency to dress more. I started going out in public in February of this year and I found and joined this site in July.

What has changed though is that I don't feel isolated anymore. Cruising this site has become an addiction in itself. I just LOVE it. And I love to know that there are so many of us out there in all stages of development. When I look at the pictures of all you beautiful girls, my heart just bursts with compassion and enthusiasm.

One of the things I learned here is that so many stores are now accepting cross dressers just as any other female customer. Now that was an inspiration for me and although my dressing has not increased in frequency, my shopping en femme most certainly has!!!

Dita.

I would have to say I dress alot more now than I did before joining the group. It's mainly because I dress when I'm going to be on the computor and now I tend to want to stay on the computor reading all the post. I have found so many posts to really be helpful to me so I just keep dressing and reading post. The only bad thing about joining this group, is it's costing me a lot of money. When I see all these pretty outfits alot of you girls are wearing, I start looking for something like it. My closet is feeling up fast .
    Raylene

I think the surge for me started before joining as I had two weeks in February to wild -- which I did But since joining I've been out shopping for clothes more deliberately and dressed. Wednesday I even found a chance to do a "drive-by" as Karren calls them, and might have a chance again tonight

Kassandra
    Last edited by kassandra richard; 08-03-2007 at 08:44 AM.