Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joining - the forum (Did you tend to dress more?)

Just here to make freinds

Joining - the forum (Did you tend to dress more?)

Ever since joining this group - I have hit turbo on the dressing - I hope that it slows down -because I am under cover and it is hard to hide sometimes. Did you tend to dress more after joining Cders.com? Let me know because I am have having fun but I must say that I am a little worried.... thanx - Linda C
    Really enjoying this!!!

I joined 4 days ago and apart from having to go out and working i,ve been dressed ever since. But i,m not worried i ,m enjoying it

I kinda joined here and started dressing at the same time. I was like you and several times thought I needed to slow down...but I just kept roaring ahead. A lot of the things I read here from other girls encouraged me to keep trying to improve and/or taught me some lessons.

So far I too am undercover at work and with most family...but dispite running around enfemme all the time have not been busted. Just gotta be a bit careful and you will do fine. Take a look at Karren Huttons past posts to see how you can be a crazy Tgirl doing fun stuff but not mess up your regular guy life (job, family, etc.)

Hugs

When I joined, it definitely hit fast-forward on my dressing. I went out and bought stuff way more than I had previously, thought about it more, and I also definitely thought "Slow down." I still do it in secret too, but since I've joined I have come out to a few people, and they haven't really said anything about it.

So far, so good.

after joining

After Joining The Forum .. I Got The Nerve To Talk To My Wife Of 30 Plus Years ... With Her Permission - I Now Dress Most Days At Home. Still Not Into Wigs. Just Wear Lipstick And Started To Play With Eye Shadow.

Yes I Dress More After Joining - But Because The Wife Agreed.

Jc
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

Banned Read only
    i have been dressing for sometime and only found this site by chance and i only get a chance to dress every other weekend, nut when i do i got the whole hog which is very nice to do after a fortnight of having to hide. i am just glad i have a very understanding partner

Banned Read only
    Yes it has but it also helped me cope with my feelings about dressing.
    I have dressed for over 30 years but was always embarrased about it. Joined about 1 year ago lurked around for a long time and eventually made my first picture post in May. The out puring of support from this site was and is fantastic. I have completely changed my mind about CDing. I do it as much as possible and totally enjoy it. Has it put me into overdrive? Yes but I have some catching up to do. Best of luck Jodie

omm no i dressed just about every day b/4 i joined, i Came to this forum looking to learn, and to find advice on make up, and eventually going out as taylor, and coming out as taylor
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

I found that joining this forum was liberating, and as a result I picked up the courage to go and personally shop for clothes and makeup. It helped greatly knowing that there were others who understood the difficulties facing crossdressers; and there was no shortage of practical and well meaning advice. I also became less fearful of being “outed” – even though it is likely that my crossdressing will remain private and without a social dimension. As for the frequency of my crossdressing, it may have increased slightly. However, it would be as well to keep in mind that there is much more to life than crossdressing. Also what is right for others may not be right for you. So keep your two feet firmly on the ground – even when you’re wearing heels!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

I actually slowed down. I was really deeply into my femme self before coming here. Reading and absorbing everyone's comments, M T F's, F T M's. GG's, SO's, Etc. actually helped me to find the balance I needed. I had come down fast prior to that and was on the verge of quitting all together but the balance helped me to integrate everything under one overall personage I now call Salandra.

It may be a sort of, "chicken or egg thing." My participation in The Forum coincides with my participation in Tri-Ess.

I think Joanie was ready to go! And yes we dressed more, went out more, got involved more, and improved our lives. So I'm just not sure what beget what? Not sure that it matters......I'm just very happy!

Peace and Love, Joanie

You must have been reading my mind.

I am a very new member, as well; and I dressed up all day saturday, trying many of the makeup techniques found in this site. Like others that have responded..I feel liberated! I took some pictures of myself with the new and improved makeup. I did better, but still not ready to post, but I sure had fun trying!!!

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I did at first..

I did my first full dressing with makeup after joining. I was loking for every opportunity to dress every minute for the first little bit, lately though I don't know why I am not feeling as Barbara. I suspect the first spike was the repression springing out like a Jill-in-the-closet. After that I think it has returend more to what is more usual for me which is the occaisional urge, fairly easilly sated.

From my reading on here especially of older members that went through really dramatic cycles of dressing and purging that the waxing and waning is endemic to the urge.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

After joining the site, I did start to dress up a lot more, but I think it has to do with coincidence and situation more than anything else - a natural progression in other words, and said progression went much more smoothly with the help of this forum. Even though I don't post here much, I do like to take the time to read coments, experiences and such. Thanks, girls!

not realy i have ben doing this for many years and joining the forum allows me to keep in touch with more girls and learn a lot about other's there is also a tremendious amount of good information here susie

The answer is yes, i became more courageous. And went further in buying a wig, heels, skirts and blouses. In one store I walked in dressed in drab and chose an outfit. Next stop.... a corset.. Thanks for the forum

Definately started dressing more

After I started to thinking about it more and talk about it, I did it a lot more. Now it's hard for me not to do it at least once a day. Hope this helps.

Andrea

Platinum Member
    the one thing i learned abought my dressing is every time i try to control it the more i dress being here has helped me get a better understanding of me and this dressing i do....

Honestly, I haven't had time to dress since joining. I've been working way too much, and then when I do get a day off, I'm busy with some volunteer work I do. I can't dress at home very often, as I still live at home and I haven't told them yet, but I do get to stay at a hotel regularly that I can at least take a few things with me. I'm hoping for colder weather soon, as Beth doesn't like the heat very well!

I've pretty much dressed whenever I've wanted to so my answer is NO, I don't dress any more than I did before joining. I do however, look forward to reading the posts each day. When I was younger, I thought I was the only one that CD'd. I sure wish the computer and this forum had been around back then.

Joined last week and althought i am dressed everyday in clothes more related to males but in female sizes if you Know what i mean, seeing loads of good looking girls in this forum made me get the urge to dress up properly for a change and blimey did that feel good i was on a right high for hours.

Yes, got the same thing going on. My gf says I do it too much now, and I almost agree since I rush home from work or between things to do, just to get dressed. I hope it slows down some. I mean, I enjoy it. It's just not that practical all the time

Like now when I should be ready to go to work I'm dressed..

Was this website an influence on my dressing.
    Yes!!
    But so is this support group called the Ohio Pink Ladies that I joined as well as the Pink Essence in Ohio.

As with any SUPPORT GROUP, you will get more comfortable with yourself.
    You must pick the support group that fits you. For some this might be Tri-Ess meetings. I went to one once and this was not for me for I am more OUTGOING.

Also your local groups are good locally and groups such as CD.com is good knowing things everywhere else. So both groups combined is good for me.
    I recently met a girl who belongs to 290 groups. That for me is a little overkill, but hey! whatever she likes.
    I belong to 3 and thats good enough for me. They answer all my questions and it gets me ACTIVELY OUT.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

When I came to Dallas in 2005, my CDing bloomed big time. About the same time I found this and other CD website forums. I started posting, reading about how others went out dressed, tips on makeup, wigs, and ect. I also made some great CD friends and found out about the Dallas Tri-Ess support group, which I am now a member. thru this forum and others, I have made friendships that have helped me know myself. One such friend I made is with a girl that also started going out about the same time I did. We started PMing each other about our outings, encouraging each other, sharing experiences, and supporting each other.
    I will say this forum and forums like it have shown me that I am not alone. Others that have exited the closet gave me insites in thier postings. Once I started going out, I could then pass along my insites to others that are just now starting to go out. Posting run from being funny, to being serious, heartbreaking, and ect. You find the whole spectrum of CDing in the postings. Best of all, the moderators have done a outstanding job, keeping the forum informative, inspiring, helpful, and ect. I fully believe that if most of the public knew of this site and a few others similar to it, that the public would have a lot better understanding of TG issues.

Well, I started dressing, searched for sources, found this forum, and and didn't stop dressing since
    (Maybe 10-15 days pure drab during the last 1.5 years).