Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joining - the forum (Did you tend to dress more?)

I'd have to say yes because I didn't really dress before joining. Now, whenever I browse the forums I'm always dressed!
    Happiest in High Heel Boots!

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennilouise View Post
    i . . . only found this site by chance
    Like Jennilouise, I found this site by chance! As several have mentioned, I have been crossdressing for a long time, and I can't say thr site has increased my dressing whatsoever -- it was and still is at a high level!!! What this site HAS done for me is give me an outlet to talk about crossdressing with my sisters and many GGs -- and I have enjoyed that aspect a great deal. I enjoy helping sisters with problems, providing suggestions and edification. And, I feel I have benefited from the "collective wisdom" of a group of special girls (and some SO's) when I have had a question! I have pretty much dressed whenever I wanted, and that hasn't changed. I have underdressed for decades, and that hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by susie evans View Post
    the forum allows me to keep in touch with more girls
    Ditto, that!!!!!!! Before joining I had little contact with other crossdressers. It is nice to have greatly increased contact (trolls notwithstanding -- lol) and for the first time in my life, I am actually looking forward to meeting some of the girls on here!!!

About the only real difference that "might be" attributable to this site is the wedding renewal service my wife and I had in Las Vegas (with me as the bride). My wife knew this was a MAJOR dream of mine -- and I can't really say for sure, but she didn't suggest we have our ceremony until a couple of months after we joined. (My wife joined, too. She doesn't have much to say, but does read much of what is posted.)
    Last edited by Sheri 4242; 07-31-2007 at 10:01 AM.

I'm new to the forum. I'm dealing with starting to dress again after a purge of my feminine things. However, reading the threads is helping me to decide whether I should begin again. I know I want to.

Absolutely!

There is no question here, I have dressed more frequently since joining this forum! However, my joining coincided with my telling my wife 0f 21 yrs. The combination has led to much more dressing than in the past.

Joy

Also being new to the forum.helloi have always have been wearing my bra and panty and so forth,my changes haven't been as much,as i wear pretty well 7/24.But i have learned and am inspired by understanding how things can change around and i like that feeling knowing ,having friends like you.

Yes!

I actually "came out" to my wife of 25 years before joining this website. However, I have found that because of her acceptance and my ability to open up to more people, I do dress more, even when she's around.

No change for me. I'm past the stage of trying to figure out where I fit in, figured that out years ago, now I'm just happy to find a place to hang around with kindred spirits.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Before I joined the forum my crossdressing was spasmodic. Times when I did, when I could, and then long periods when I did not. Retiring gave me more time and I have shaved my chest, back and legs for the last 18 months. Since joining the forum in December 06 I have made use of every opportunity to dress. I,m planning the next long before I know when it will be and get quite excited once the day arrives.

Love

Fran.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]When I joined I was going out but not that often, once I joined I met what has become a VERY close friend from the forum and started getting out more. I meet more members from here and have traveled the East coast meeting different members. If I were to stop dressing tommorrow I would miss the fun I have going out with the girls to Parties, Dinner, Dancing and other events. This forum hasn't made me dress more it was the people I have meet through here, and getting out with my friends, that made me dress more. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    It's a chicken and egg question.

I started dressing with strong intention in Dec '07, and cruising the 'net for like minded souls. I see I joined here in Dec '07.

I think I am dressing way more than I would have because of the support and information I have received here and at other sites.

I have been able to express myself, and see my story in other's experiences. I don't feel "wierd" about my interests and desires, and I try things more quickly than I would.

So, I do accellerate my CD explorations and dressing frequency due to my support and participation on this board.

Being able to come back here and brag-about/share my experiences is one of the perks I get in taking risks out there. However it turns out, somebody benefits.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

My interest in crossdressing has waned over the years but when I discovered this board it renewed my interest. I ordered a few fem things online but as I soon discovered I really didn't want to put the effort in cding at all. I guess I am a true lazy crossdresser.

Content and Happy
    It's been almost a year since I joined and have enjoyed reading all about everyones ups and downs and personal experiences. I've been me too long to speed up or slow down. I'm in a great area of my life and love every second.

Lanore

Hell yeah!!!

My dressing has tripled after coming to this forum. thanks every one.(for this site and all that helps keep it going) i feel a lot more in touch with my inner female self now than ever before. i think thats a good thing right lol......charlie.....

Dressing less since joining

I actually dress less at the moment,but that is due to a number of reasons,mostly health issues.
    What I did gain from joining the forum was the strength to come out to my wife,who is very understanding.It is a great place to come to as there is always a thread that I can relate to & learn from. Since she now knows,I don't feel the crazy urge to dress quickly for a short while & panic in case she arrived home early. I guess I dress less but for longer,5 hours the last time,quality before quantity.My main priority is to have some clothes I can call mine. I've just ordered 2 pairs of shoes & a better wig,I hate the one I have now. I also don't want to push my wife too far too fast,best to dress less for now.

Yes I am dressing more. But its being able to talk to and read others thoughts that I like the most

CDing

After discovering this site i suddenly realised who i am in real sense, that is realising that there is no where to run from CDing, and the religious guilts and residual feelings of shame and anxiety have suddenly disappeared, and my going-out en femme has seriously reduced, i only concentrate now adays on how to have a delicate feminine body, that is i have slimmed down seriously having delicate arms, slim soulders, facial exercise to make my chin more pointed and a flat tommy (the essence of female beauty) and i have achieved all that, my CDing is now more to do with having a feminine body am not after clothing, yeah almost forgot my toe nails..... i hav allowed them to grow longer and i file them, come to think of it my girlfriend use to encourage me to do that before so now i've taken her advice.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    was pretty girlie already before i got here,but then you girls stole away all(well most of) my reasons not to dress,shame, self hatred, feeling like a total perv, all gone now! gave me the courage to try new things,beg for an earring(thanks Meghan!) and just be myself more and more.dress more? yes, but peace in my heart is the best part of being here!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Not more, but certainly not less either

Quote Originally Posted by Linda C View Post
    Ever since joining this group - I have hit turbo on the dressing - I hope that it slows down -because I am under cover and it is hard to hide sometimes. Did you tend to dress more after joining Cders.com? Let me know because I am have having fun but I must say that I am a little worried.... thanx - Linda C
    No I have not had any tendency to dress more. I started going out in public in February of this year and I found and joined this site in July.

What has changed though is that I don't feel isolated anymore. Cruising this site has become an addiction in itself. I just LOVE it. And I love to know that there are so many of us out there in all stages of development. When I look at the pictures of all you beautiful girls, my heart just bursts with compassion and enthusiasm.

One of the things I learned here is that so many stores are now accepting cross dressers just as any other female customer. Now that was an inspiration for me and although my dressing has not increased in frequency, my shopping en femme most certainly has!!!

Dita.

Tracy in New Mexico
    No. Actually find that the more support that I find online or in person, the less that makes me dress and even causes me to stop. I don't know why - it could be fear of reality hitting and afraid to embrace it but I just do everything in reverse. My mind likes to challenge me, gets me to dress on the least suspecting of days that I don't think I will.

Yes, I am dressing a lot more. THis site has given me validation and confidence.
    Love,
    Meredith

No question that Jan has been more in the sceen. not to my SO pleasure. That is why I had a thread about Good Bad or Whatever.There is no doubt thta having encouragement or dressing, going out, using make-up etc will lead us to explore our girl side more and more.
    Janice Ailene:

I must be one of the few who have dressed less often since I found this site. Almost as if reading about what others get up to satisfies part of my need to dress by proxy. It could also be that since my wife (who is not supportive at all, and doesn't want to see me dressed) retired, and spends more time at home, I don't have as much opportunity. However, my desire to dress fully, and get out into the world, dressed, has increased significantly. One day it will happen!!!

Tony

I found this site as a result of my coming out to my wife. I have dressed lightly off and on for years, but it has really taken off recently. I think the understanding of my wife has really helped me . Also I have built up alot of courage since finding this site. I see all the beautifull women on this site and thik maybe thee is hop for me yet .

I would have to say I dress alot more now than I did before joining the group. It's mainly because I dress when I'm going to be on the computor and now I tend to want to stay on the computor reading all the post. I have found so many posts to really be helpful to me so I just keep dressing and reading post. The only bad thing about joining this group, is it's costing me a lot of money. When I see all these pretty outfits alot of you girls are wearing, I start looking for something like it. My closet is feeling up fast .
    Raylene

I think the surge for me started before joining as I had two weeks in February to wild -- which I did But since joining I've been out shopping for clothes more deliberately and dressed. Wednesday I even found a chance to do a "drive-by" as Karren calls them, and might have a chance again tonight

Kassandra
    Last edited by kassandra richard; 08-03-2007 at 08:44 AM.