Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we get some stats?

Can we get some stats?

I was wondering if those here that are MTF Cder's would willingly disclose their "orientation" (straight, gay, bi, straight as male, bi as fem,...). As I am presently doing an informal research to better understand my lifelong friends CDing recently discovered by his friends. He still does not know that he has been "ousted" by mistake, and we have agreed to let him disclose the secret life in his own time.

We are concerned that he might accidentally get careless again and some other people who are not as kind could destroy him and ruin his career (he works in management, many clients would drop the company's services if they knew). His leaving his computer on and opened to his "profile" in his cubicle might have actually been a repressed desire to come out of the closet. Then again, it could have been just an act of carelessness. From what we saw he is definitely gay while "en femme".

So, that being said, I am wondering about those participants of these forums sexual orientation? Would any of you feel comfortable revealing that information here, I'm trying to develop some informal studies and by some books addressing the issue. Just from a casual perusing of the forum, I have seen some thinking it is a curse that they wish they could rid themselves of, some love it and are secretive about it others openly CD, so apparently there is a wide range of emotions on the subject.

As for me: Straight male, non CDer, loves drab only on me.

You could be interested in this thread

If you search the forum (search function) you will find other threads and stats about this subject.

You can't have everything.
    Last edited by Marla S; 08-03-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Straight! I am a mtf heterosexal crossdresser. Just as an aside, you may be interested to learn that many who fall into the heterosexual mtf CDer category deeply desire to be able to dress openly and freely in front of a GG SO (genuine girl who is a significant other).

ADDITIONAL COMMENT

One more additional thing: if you are really his friend, please understand that just about every CDer I have ever known or read about, grew up with an overwhelming sense of shame, fear, and guilt!!! To whatever degree possible, you need to be empathetic and sensitive to this aspect!!!
    Last edited by Sheri 4242; 08-03-2007 at 03:15 PM.

straight
    You want to wear a WHAT??

Staight! And happily married.

Hugs.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    Straight! I am a mtf heterosexal crossdresser. Just as an aside, you may be interested to learn that many who fall into the heterosexual mtf CDer category deeply desire to be able to dress openly and freely in front of a GG SO (genuine girl who is a significant other).
    Count me in this camp. Straight, happily married and wanting deparately to dress openly and freely in front of my wife

Straight! No doubts!!

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Ummmmm, well.........

Until this moment, I am straight with one homosexual experience about 25 years ago.

Presently, I am open to any person who enters into my erotic imagination through my heart. Shouldn't matter what I'm wearing.

Do have a weakness for CD's, TG, TS. All sparks, no flames.

Made one date with a guy while I was Enfemme. He cancelled.

Don't know when or if it will happen again.

On the Verge
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Banned Read only
    i am mtf cder and i am straight even when enfemme

Felixi, I agree that some stats would be good. But if we really want good stats we need numbers as in lots of people. But too many TG people are even afraid to come to this site. And if they do getting them to answer some questions could take an act of God or whoever you believe in.

We have some decent numbers here but I am sure you do not want to tally even just one post from all of the active members. The best thing IMHO would be for the Admin of this site to add personal survey area to everyones UserCP. The personal survey would only be visible by that user. And somewhere on this site it would give like a stats summary that was maybe updated every day or week.

Now that may sound simple, but often the simple things with computers take a lot of work to do and that is IF the software even has the flexibility to do it. And then what questions would be asked to get some stats including what may be too many questions to answer that people would not fill it out. I have worked on a variety of surveys and just asking questions is not enough. They need to be worded in a non-bias way and they need to give a numbers that will mean something and possibly be combined to give more stats or even double as a data verification key. It is surprising the conflicting data some people get during a survey. Data like born a male, never had a GRS, and currently a female would possibly remove that full set of data from that person.

And if the Admin's would do this the first problem exists. Would everyone fill out the person data and fill it out correctly so good stats could be collected.

So a lot depends on what you are looking for. Hetro male, mtf cder, being dressed does not change my views/orientation as I am just a guy in a skirt.

KimberlyS-CD

Quote Originally Posted by Felixi View Post
    I was wondering if those here that are MTF Cder's would willingly disclose their "orientation" (straight, gay, bi, straight as male, bi as fem,...). As I am presently doing an informal research to better understand my lifelong friends CDing recently discovered by his friends. He still does not know that he has been "ousted" by mistake, and we have agreed to let him disclose the secret life in his own time.

We are concerned that he might accidentally get careless again and some other people who are not as kind could destroy him and ruin his career (he works in management, many clients would drop the company's services if they knew). His leaving his computer on and opened to his "profile" in his cubicle might have actually been a repressed desire to come out of the closet. Then again, it could have been just an act of carelessness. From what we saw he is definitely gay while "en femme".

So, that being said, I am wondering about those participants of these forums sexual orientation? Would any of you feel comfortable revealing that information here, I'm trying to develop some informal studies and by some books addressing the issue. Just from a casual perusing of the forum, I have seen some thinking it is a curse that they wish they could rid themselves of, some love it and are secretive about it others openly CD, so apparently there is a wide range of emotions on the subject.

KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    straight__________________________________________ __________________as the line
    Drumming, My other hobby

Stright for the most part, we (My GG SO and I) have had bi experence's as well. So we are pretty open minded sexually speaking along with everything else. Honestly a good looking person is good looking reguardless. I don't lust after each, unless she is wearing something i would love to have....

is in her vest
    straight, and monogamous
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I am absulutely straight! At least that's what my boyfriend says!

I really appreciate your concern for your friend, that's very kind of you.

As you say, he probably is at risk should his secrets become public, and he should be more careful. But, that said, you are making some general assumptions, about cd's, about your friend, her behavior, and about other people's intolerance, that may not be helpful in this case.

It's great the you are doing your homework to try to understand your friend, but ultimately it's not important what the averages are for cd's in general, but what your friend is about. If you are going to protect your friend, then being clear about who she is seems quite important.

Sit down with her, tell her you know enough to make you worried, and invite her to share her secrets with you. Then your friendship will carry you through, and you can offer her useful and informed advice coming from your heart, and your new knowledge and understanding.

chrissie

MtF, married, straight, and faithful.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyS View Post
    But if we really want good stats we need numbers as in lots of people. But too many TG people are even afraid to come to this site. And if they do getting them to answer some questions could take an act of God or whoever you believe in.
    I am convinced that there has long existed an extreme lack of reliable numbers on "mtf heterosexual crossdressing." For so very many there has been a lifetime of shame, fear, and guilt -- a sense that the general public totally misunderstands and thus the public presents us with a mentality that says, "Oh, you wear dresses, you must be gay . . ."

Yet, what we've subjected ourselves to has been, at times, worse than what we've been subjected to by others . . . . at times.

IMO, you could conduct a survey -- and do everything humanly possible to assure security and privacy -- and still have crossdressers not admit what they are, even though what we are goes to the very core of their being!!!

In her book, Normal, I think Amy Bloom says so very much with so very few words. Bloom says, in part, "Heterosexual crossdressers bother almost everyone." Later Bloom notes, "Many heterosexual crossdressers never come out of the closet, not even to their wives; they spend their whole adult lives dressing in secret . . . with only the mirror for company."

I have strong urges to get male attention, wheather its the way I walk, talk, whatever. I know Im Bi without ever experimenting cause of how much I "want men". I just wanna feel like a complete woman and satisfiy a man like a woman would, no matter what way that would be.

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Straight and happily married. Just love female clothes and the zexy feeling they give me when wearing.
    Do fantasis about being with a man when enfemms but thats as far as it goes. Dont even like the concept of gay - dont actually think it applies if you are dressed en-femme becuase its esentally a "female" persona looking for a male.
    Quite interresting though was the first and only time I have been out en-femme, some of the crappiest comments and gers came from gays wheras straight men didnt seem to care or even showed interrest/curiosity with the most respect comming from GG's.

Straight, but I would have to admit curiousity about expirencing sex as a woman. I doubt I would ever follow thru on that curiosity, because without a magical transformation it would not be a true expirence. What you saw on the computer may not represent his true desires, but his curiousity.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I am a married,

Flamingly straight heterosexual. Putting on a dress doesn't make males interestingto me. I have seen some CD's that are more comfortable thinking about another guy if she is also dressed. Thats kind of the way you described your friend I think. I suspect he would call himself straight, but there are latent issues methinks.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Something tends to bother me about these questions. Maybe you can assuage my concerns Felixi?

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Something tends to bother me about these questions. Maybe you can assuage my concerns Felixi?
    I as well agree.. however, I don't think a little stat help hurts. I have been dressing for 4 years. I am engaged to be married and my SO is 100% supportive of my CDing. I have been BI since birth and my SO is 100% supportive of that as well. When it comes to me as an individual I have always lived by the rule of thumb there is never a closet. You don't have to come out and tell every one that hey I'm this way, or hey I'm that way. I once posted that I wanted to climb out from underneath my rock and get on top of it and yell Hello world I'm Kaylee! That was just what was going on inside me. Sometimes there are people I want to let know about my lifestyle and some I don't. Some people just don't need to know for different reasons. Just like I don't dress for different reasons. My life is really not complicated unless I make it that way. I just try to keep my self safe and happy.

I hope some of this may have helped you or your friend.

Kaylee
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]I must say you look maavelous in those shoes![/SIZE]

Bisexual

...and hell yeah I'm the motherf--king princess!

Gold Member
    Search the web and you will find most CD are straight as I am.