Thread: Neighbour Spotted me Enfemme

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar

Neighbour Spotted me Enfemme

I posted a few pics in the Picture forum - Summertime in the Backyard.

Well, I remained dressed for the rest of the evening and had a most relaxing and enjoyable night, with one little exception. When it was starting to get a little dusk outside I went to turn on the light on our back deck and noticed that it was burned out. Changing the bulb would probably take me about 5 minutes as I would have to unscrew the cover of the light housing, replace the bulb and re-attach the cover. I said what the heck, there was still some daylight left and figured what was the chance that one of my neighbours would be out on their back deck during the 5 minutes it would take to fix it.

I fetched the spare bulb and went outside. Luckily the light is close enough to our patio door step that I didn't need a chair or ladder. I had just unscrewed the cover when I heard a truck door close. I stepped down to pick up the spare bulb and looked over into my neighbours yard to see him standing next to his truck looking over at me. I blinked for a few seconds, reached down picked up the bulb, turned my back to him to replace the bulb and attached the cover. I looked over and he began to walk into his house just as I walked into mine and turned on the back deck light.

Now, "Bill" is a nice man and very friendly. He is about 55 and I don't know him well enough to know if he is liberal or conservative. I do know that he saw me as he looked at me for a good 10 seconds before going inside. What I don't know is if he recognized me. That was 3 days ago and my wife and I haven't run into him since. We have no idea what we are going to say if he mentions it, I mean if he didn't know it was me, he definitely knows that it wasn't my wife, so he might be curious as to who was the mystery woman fixing our light. It's none of his business if I dress up, but we don't feel ashamed about it so we would feel like we were hiding something if we denied it was me. I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it. I just thought it was funny that the first decent day we've had this month heat-wise, I dressed up and got spotted. Oh well.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

Jenni; Don't worry. He probably dismissed you as a visitor. Even if not, so what? When I decided to come out the first thing I did was tell my neighbors so they would not be suprised or offended when they saw me dressed. I figured if I could put the neighborhood at ease the rest of the world might follow. So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Annesah View Post
    Jenni; Don't worry. He probably dismissed you as a visitor.
    Or a sister... or other close relative.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

A similar thing happened to me several years ago....I decided to take an early morning stroll down our garden, sure that nobody would be around at the time. Then, too late, I realized that our lovely next door neighbor was also out there doing some weeding. She is quite an alert sort of lady and she must have seen me when she looked up to see who was around. However, the incident has never been mentioned by her. Either she decided to be discreet (she is a part-time Samaritan) or she mistook me for my wife, we are about the same size and I was wearing her leather jacket.

I've had several similar close calls where I was sure I had been spotted by friends/relatives but, as far as I know, there have never been any repercussions.

Wow Jenni, sounds cool and a bit exciting. I always wondered how many CD's it took to change a light bulb. One, I guess. Hey, we are multi taskers.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 08-04-2007 at 11:18 AM.

I would be willing to bet that he just thought you were a guest at the house. My neighbors at first I could tell did not suspect I was a Tgirl...when I was enfemme I think they thought I was a girl. Especially since most the time I went out at night since thats when ya go clubbing anyway.

But as time went by they caught on but everyone just seems to ignore me or they are friendly still. Some of the guys get a huge smile on their face when they see me. I think I keep things interesting for the neighbors!

So the moral of the story is that if you manage to keep the times that they spot ya rare you probably will not get busted. Just do whats comfortable for ya sweetie.

Don't sweat too much about it. He probably thinks you are just another crossdressed neighbour. Glad you enjoyed the evening.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

It's always possible that he was just looking in your general direction and didn't even see you. And even if he did, there is a good chance that he didn't recognize you.

Quote Originally Posted by jenni2716
    I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.
    Yep. In the meantime, just hope for the best and try to relax.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by jenni2716 View Post
    I posted a few pics in the Picture forum - Summertime in the Backyard.
    Now, "Bill" is a nice man and very friendly. He is about 55 and I don't know him well enough to know if he is liberal or conservative. :

Not to get political, but ironicly, my ultra liberal brother wants nothing to do with me since I told him I crossdressed, and my very conservative parents and sister have no problems with it.

I got caught by my neigher once too. I was washing dishes en femme. Our back door is right across from the kitchen. I caught something out of the corner of my eye and saw my female neighbor staring through the window at me (she was taking out her trash). I just smiled, nodded, and went back to the dishes. The next day at work, she knocked at the door and told my wife that I was gay. My wife explained that I am a crossdresser, not gay, and politely stated that what we do inside of our own doors is our business. We get along okay with her; we don't talk to often or hang out, and we still wave at each other.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

Gold Member
    May be he thought you were a hottie just visiting, but oh well your wife knows so who cares right?

Thanks everyone

Thank you for all the comments. I wasn't too worried about the incident but reading some friendly replies is putting my mind even more at ease.

My best guess is that he just thought we had a friend visiting and she was helping us change the light. He's a nice enough guy, so he'll probably just leave well enough alone if he thinks it was me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Wow Jenni, sounds cool and a bit exciting. I always wondered how many CD's it took to change a light bulb. One, I guess. Hey, we are multi taskers.

that cracked me up.

You could say that was Jenni she was visiting us
    Angie

I work in the yard all time en femme if I didn't I won't have much time to dress. So all the neighbors see me. At first I worried not now they don't have to talk to me if they don't like it.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

social babe
    I've had one Neighbour spot myself with my daughter in my car driving up our street on the way to an on-location photoshoot , my wife doesn't drive and no questions were ever asked.
    [SIZE=3]Merinda[/SIZE]

jenni I looked at the pictures and might I say ,you look great!!!!!! Now I don't know how you look in drab, but enfemme, I could see how anyone would think you were just another (pretty) woman and perhaps just a relative
    Vash
    24th Century Grande Dame

I live in a condo complex and many people here have seen me dressed. I do not wear a wig or makeup, so I do not try to pass, but I will be out in panties and a bra with inserts, a dress or skirt and top. I have had one man in the complex come over to me when I was dressed and washing my car, and carry on a conversation that he started for almost half an hour.The people here are always friendly to me, as I am with them. I feel that if you just be yourself when you crossdress and act nice to people, they will respond in a like manner.

Banned Read only
    I said what the heck, there was still some daylight left and figured what was the chance that one of my neighbours would be out on their back deck during the 5 minutes it would take to fix it.
    You ignore Murphys Law at your peril.

Heh heh heh. I came home one night, all dolled up in heels, short dress, wig and makeup. I pulled in the driveway, and walked around to the front of the house, just as my neighbor pulled in next door. It was dark out, and about 11:00 pm. I walked up on the porch, and instead of unlocking the door and going in, I just knocked on the door, and stood there, until he went in the house. Then I got my key out and went in. I don't think he knew it was me. I was younger then, and had a few chicks coming over from time to time.
    Last edited by Melinda G; 08-05-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Don´t worry. H eprobably keep to himself ad say nothing. At leas that´s what one of my neighbours did...

I would not worry too much. On those days that my wife goes early to her arobics class, I get the chance to be JoAnn for about 45 minutes. It is enough time to take the tash out, walk up the side walk way to the front, walk to the mail box and put the outgoing mail in it. A few times, I will see a nieghbor up the street, putting her mail out. A few time we wll wave at each other. I have not meet her, so she doesn't know who I am. We are kinda private in out area. I have not meet my next door neighbors at all and we have lived her almost two years now. LOL