Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Secret Is Out.

My Secret Is Out.

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell everybody that I've finally 'come out' to my niece! I've been considering it for some time, I felt that I just had to tell a member of the family, even though I couldn't tell my wife.

Last week I visited my niece and we had coffee and a long chat, I told her about this site and how friendly and welcoming you have all been to me. I wanted her to understand how much this site has done for me, how it helped me to open up for the first time in my life, to actually make friends with like-minded people and be able to converse about my true feelings. At this stage I didn't actually admit that I was a cross dresser, I just said that I found the subject extremely interesting.

The amazing thing was that her reaction wasn't hostile, to the contrary she was really interested, and wanted to know more. When I left she knew that there was more to my story, she sensed that I had some deep secret that I could no longer keep to myself.

Yesterday (Mon 14th) I visited her again and the whole thing came out, I just asked her if she was ready to hear my deepest secret and would anything I told her be in confidence, she just said " you can tell me anything, it will make no difference to the way I feel about you". Well I told her not only that I've cross-dressed for most of my life, but my biggest secret of all ( which I've only told one person ever, and it was a girl on this site) I've always wanted to be a girl; always! For me it isn't just dressing, I want to actually be a girl! I've never felt any different, but I've had to live in the wrong body all of my life! It's too late for me now to have gender reassignment, had I been born 30 years later I would have sorted myself out, but now I'ts just a dream, and I must continue as a male CD.

My niece has been so cool about all of this, she is without a doubt the most understanding person in the family, I felt elated that she knew and didn't ridicule me, she showed my sympathy and compassion and that was more than I expected, she's a wonderful girl, and so are all of you on this site.

I do hope that I haven't waffled on too much, I just had to tell you all how I feel.

Hugs to all,

Linda.

That is so cool Linda. Congratulations on your coming out and your niece's acceptance
    DonnaT

Linda,
    Isn't it cool, and utterly amazing, that our loved ones are willing and capable of accepting us for who we are! We put ourselves through so much turmoil (decades worth in my case ), worrying that our family and friends will stop loving us if they only knew our secret. But we forget that true love is unconditional, certainly unaffected by something that is so relatively minor.
    I've been fortunate in making the same discovery as you have had with your neice. I just want to kick myself for remaining so closeted for so many years.

So, congratulations Linda! I know how difficult this disclosure was, and I know how much a relief it is to you to have someone you love truly love you.

Love,
    Sharon
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Donna, Thankyou so much.

Sharron you are a real honey, thanks.

Am very happy it went well for you -- congratulations! I can only imagine what it must feel like for you now.

It definitely gives hope and strength to those of us who are still in the closet to our familes.

Ji

Excellent!

Linda,

There is not much I can add, as the previous sisters have said it already.

You have taken another step in reaching your potential, especially by cutting out the guilt and shame. I know you must feel enormously relieved.

I admire your determination to accept and reconcile yourself. You are in good company here.
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

So awesome you could share your secret with a family member....to be loved unconditionaly is the best in the world....
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

It seems like Linda isn't so "shy" anymore! Wonderful news that you were able to share your CDing with your niece. Isn't like the weight of the world has been lifted fro your shoulders? Will you niece be visiting with us here?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Children are suprising aren't they? The have a more open mind than most adults. I guess thats because thier brains aren't filled with all the garbage that accumulates over the years.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to open up to someone. Thats a good first step.

Dawn Marrie "Thats Who I Be !)

I want to thank everybody individually for responding to this, I feel as if I've risen above a 12 foot wall of fog and emerged into the sunshine.

I'd like to address people with their names in bold, but when I try it as in MS WORD ( highlight and select B) it doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?

Jiera : Thanks for your kind comment.

Dominique: Thankyou for understanding how I feel

Leta: You are so right, thank you.

CD in Montreal: It is so kind of you to give me that info, I'll be looking it up, thank you.

Hi Holly, great to hear from you. What you just said about 'Shy Linda' is so right, this is amazing, I've gone from incredibly shy to all of this in just a few short weeks! This site has brought me out of my lonely world, I can hardly believe this has happened!

I haven't asked my niece about joining with us yet, but I reckon she will, she is so interested in this.

Holly I'm going to change my avatar, I want to remove the shy and put something else up, and also I want to put a picture, but it will have to be legs only for now because I can't makeup or use a wig at the moment, and I want to look my best! LOL

Hugs,

Linda

Hi Donnie, thanks for your comment, this will shock you, my niece is 39! Don't work it out please, I'm sensitive about age. LOL

Banned Read only
    Age isn't nothing but a number, Linda. I'm 43 and getting older by the minute!!!!

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !)

Hey I was 60 last year, and I don't feel a day over 90! And I know there are older ladies here! Who claims to be the oldest member?

Tell you what, this forum lends a whole new meaning to the phrase "You're only as old as the woman you feel!!!"

ToniB

Sorry, had to do another post just to hit the 200 mark!

ToniB

Hi Linda,

I know the feeling;is'nt it great? I am so happy that things are going well for you.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Donnie it's possible to have a niece older than oneself! Thanks for coming back on that. Anyway age is just a number, I agree.

Toni you are not the oldest member darling! you've got a great sense of humour, I love it.

Priscilla, great to hear from you, yes it is a good feeling, thank you. And thanks for your help in getting me to this stage,

Hugs

Hi Linda,

How ecstactic you must feel!! I am glad that everything turned out well for you. It is a major step that you have taken and things should only get easier for you now. This site is a tremendously magical place in my opinion, it has done wonders for me as well. I look forward to hearing more form you and your niece as well.

Kadence
    [SIZE=4]Being a princess is all play and no work! I am a princess, and no it is not work for me! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly ....no wait, I meant be a cute cuddly teddy bear. [/SIZE]

Amelie
    Linda, that was a very touching story, I am so happy for you. It must feel like a ton weight has been lifted.

Good for you.
    Love Amelie

Silky panties are best Sandra H's Avatar
    Hi Linda.

Wonderful story you must feel great I bet it’s a little like being born again. Even if no one else knows at least you can share you love of dressing with a close family member, you lucky girl.

Take care.
    Love Sandra xx

Kadence thanks for that, it's nice to meet you. I'd love to get my niece to join, GG's are welcome here, it would be fab for me if she came on.

Hugs,

Linda.

Amelie, I'm so pleased you enjoyed my story, I hope I'm not posting too much over this, but I want to thank people and this is a magical day for me. I notice all your avatar changes!

Hugs,

Linda.

Sandra you made me feel good with your comments, thank you so much.

Love,

Linda.