Thread: Frustrating feelings

Frustrating feelings

I have been looking at this site for a while but am a bit intimidated by many of the people here but, I have just arrived home from a night out with friends (whom I love dearly) but while sitting there with my drab clothes and the most wonderful lace "G" string on I realised just how homephobic (genderphobic...is that a word) my friends are and how much I would love to just BLURT out the truth about how I feel. My question is how many other girls feel this way and how do you cope..........hugs

Rashell
    Rashell StClaire

Coping

It is not easy,I for one am so tired of hiding who I REALLY AM! Where I live,Bible-Belt Central of the USA I have to be careful as I do not want to bring harm to me or my family.

Hi Rashell

No need to be intimidated we are a friendly lot really

As for your friends being homophobic theres not a lot you can do about that othere than dont get involved in there comments of than nature

Blurting it out is not a good idea as once you do it you cant go back

I guess we all cope with this by coming here and talking with friends
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I can relate, I shudder at the thought of what my friends would think or say. Most people equate crossdressing to homosexuality and so I already know what people would say.

Gold Member
    I can say that the most people I know would think I'm a weirdo so they will never know.

I've come to the conclusion that if people think I'm gay, oh well, their problem, not mine. I don't try to hide who I am, but I don't throw it in other people's faces either. It works for me.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bible belt

Sympathies, the gosh darn bible belt exemplifies the harm religion has done through recorded and prehistory.

i can say that all the people i come accross are fine with me and i don't get any flack.. the big problem is most think i am gay thats not so but hey i can live with that. do you think your fear is unwarrented ? as i have not come accross any homephobic sorts in my path ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe that we all feel the way you are feeling at one point or another. The irony in all of this is that if we, the CDs, transgendered of the world would all just step forward, our friends and family, society in general, would instantly see that we are not a threat to anyone, that we are responsible members of society, that we are functional and give more that we take, that we are not the stereotypical "Jerry Springer kinda wierdos" that some think we are.
    When I have come out to anyone who knows me, the shock lasts just a few seconds, the love and support goes on for years and years. If you are a good person, no matter what else you may be, people will like you and support you.

Maybe we need to pick a day and all agree to present our best face.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    i can say that all the people i come accross are fine with me and i don't get any flack.. the big problem is most think i am gay thats not so but hey i can live with that. do you think your fear is unwarrented ? as i have not come accross any homephobic sorts in my path ?
    Australia as much as I hate to admit it still has a long way to go regarding acceptance. the capital cities are much more accepting but once you start to get out a bit there is still a lot of phobias out there. My friends and family are wonderful people but many of them don't have a lot of tolerance when it comes to gender issues. My wife has enough of a problem with my dressing as it is without involving the rest of the family
    Rashell StClaire

Smile

I agree with the thoughts that all of you have shared here. No one in my life knows about Jolene and I shudder at the thought that someday they will. I am so thankful for this site for being a place where I can read about others and put my thoughts down at times as well. This is a place of comfort and support for all of us.

Jolene

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    it is a bit intimidating when you first start coming here. you read all the adventures that the girls have and you think "gee, i could never be that brave", but give yourself some time dear, you will find the girls in here to be the best friends anyone could ever wish for! we all feel the need sometimes,to shout to all the world about what is inside, but the fact that you have enough respect for your wife to consider how that would affect her speaks volumes about your character! hang in there, things will get better!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

I am there my self

True words. Many times I am out with freinds, jeans and leather, not that kind, but Harley kind, as I ride one. I know that if I were to say that I have the cutiest pair of pink panties on they wold freak and move away, as if it is a catching thing. I ride harleys and dress when i can. The world be dammed enjoy and try not to let the slip show

The same way you do

Quote Originally Posted by Rashell StClaire View Post
    I have been looking at this site for a while but am a bit intimidated by many of the people here but, I have just arrived home from a night out with friends (whom I love dearly) but while sitting there with my drab clothes and the most wonderful lace "G" string on I realised just how homephobic (genderphobic...is that a word) my friends are and how much I would love to just BLURT out the truth about how I feel. My question is how many other girls feel this way and how do you cope..........hugs

Rashell
    We cope the same way you do - as best we can.

Very few know about us. Gays are now excepted in society but we're not. I have told only a few people about me who are straight. And most of them just turn the other way or try to get me to change into something I don't want. This is the only place we can come and talk with people who understand us.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

most people just don't no what they are talkig about

susie

The masses are asses.

Well, we all have a bit of the jack ass in us at times, but, the terms seems fairly well true.

I don't personally know a single person among my family and friends who *isn't* homo/trans-phobic. They join in with the sneers and put-down remarks whenever such a subject crops up.

How does one cope

The same way that you have always, if you don't want people to know about yourself then don't tell them but on the other hand if you want the whole world to know tell one person. My wife and kids know about me ,some of my grand kids know and some don't,it is just a matter of time before the rest of them ask me about it.I will tell them the truth,I don't know why I do what I do it just feels normal. Just hang in there ,remember what Joah Denver sang in a song Some days are diamonds and some days are stone.Life isn't easy just do the best you can.Hope you have a great day.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

i guess over the years i have learned to live my life with blinders on. i know that people jeer and make faces but i don't see it. i don't want to know that the world is so full of ignorance and hate. so instead, when i'm out, i just walk forward with my head as high as i can. i don't want to empower those people by letting them see any hurt, shame, or guilt. i'd rather them see their comments and looks roll off my back so that maybe, just maybe, they might realize what they are doing has no effect. take that power from them and you are the one left holding the power.

there are a LOT of people out there who will never GET it. they will always live in ignorance. i like to think that is out of fear of the uncertain. thing is, there is no uncertainty with me. i know 100% who and what i am. so maybe the uncertainty is within themselves.

i know - it doesn't really help but that's just how i deal with it.