Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Have you painted your nails?"

"Have you painted your nails?"

So now they noticed that too.

I was visiting dad again. Haven't bothered to remove nailpolish for a time anymore, even colored.

A few weeks ago it was the earstuds. Everybody else in my family must have noticed, if they were paying any attention, but no-one had said anything. Well, apart from my young niece. I've told about it in another thread, it was dad's wife noticing and blurting it out, and dad going "what, why?", and me replying "because I felt like it", basically, and nothing more really came of it.

With the nails, in the past I've kept my hands or nails at least out of sight, behind things etc., but haven't been bothering with hiding them as much anymore. Left clear polish on, and lately the pearly pink polish. When not reflecting light very like skintone, but shimmery when the light catches it. Which it did, us sitting in the dark watching tv. And of course she goes "Have you painted your nails?" Well, it was pretty obvious, no denying, so I stammered a little "For strengthening, so they don't chip so easily". And she goes on "Your nails look like a woman's". Well, dad didn't say anything. I changed the subject to "what was I saying again?" I was calm again, and continued like normal. Bit later she comes and announces she wants to look at my nails closer, "Let me look at them". Well, what am I to do, say no? So I let her take my free hand (tea cup in the other), and she comments on my long nails and that they make her's come second. And tells dad to take a look, tipping my hand a bit for a better view. And asks if my other hand's the same or are the nails shorter? To which I reply they're pretty much the same. Dad never comments or seems to react in any way. The evening continues like normal.

No idea if they bought the strengthening story, are beginning to suspect something, or think it's an "artistic personality's quirk". Doesn't seem like I'll be getting any trouble about it though. Haven't planned on telling them too much, since they don't live so very close, and are the type to tell the odd "usual" gay/tranny/racial joke, hold the "usual" views and be somewhat prejudiced. Come to think of it it's just ignorance and lack of understanding I suppose, no malice or hate.

As I have been told by a number of nail techs and stylists--"You paint a house, you paint a picture, you paint your car, but you polish your nails.

Jodi

Banned Read only

Smile

Hi, my partner now wheres false ones, she has 2 sets which she paints. They look fantastic. Even i wear them now.

Hunny67 GG

You'll never know what people really think until they tell you ... even than you can't be sure.

Personally I wouldn't buy that strengthening argument (how should that work ?), but as long there is no malice or hate, it seems ok.

I wouldn't force it and carefully listen to what your parents tell or do between the lines. You might get a better understanding of what they really think.

I keep my fingernails a little longer than a man usually might, and I keep them polished with a very shiny clear gloss. My toenails are as yours, pearlescent pinkish whatever, it's called Glazed Sand. Anyway, it is what it is. With soldiers fighting and dying in the Middle-East, I cannot worry about what anyone thinks about my nails, except perhaps my wife. I worry about everything where she is concerned, but then that's my job.

I sincerely doubt they bought the strengthening story. If you were going to do it for that reason, why choose pink?

I could probably get away with clear nail polish if I wanted to, stating I want to quit biting my nails, and this makes them much harder to bite. It is a bad habit of mine, so my nails always look awful anyway.

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

Polished and Painted Nails

I have to have my nails done, just love it. Its a must for me....
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michellebesweet View Post
    I have to have my nails done, just love it. Its a must for me....
    I second what Michelle said. Both my fingers and toes have been polished for several years now. Fingers always in a pink shade, and toes usually in something bright. Right now they are a very bright reddish orange, kind of flame colored.

BTW, if the polishing is done right, by a Nail Tech who uses the right things, it will strengthen your nails. That is the reason I started having my nails done, and it certainly has helped.

Sissy

More Girl than man

Love Painted Nails

I absolutely love an Avon colour called spring fling. Always have the toes painted and am very selective about when I do the fingers (need lots of time to remove the stuff). Got sprung (speaking of spring) at my doctors last year. I had a knee injury and he wanted to see my ankle of all things and requested that the sock comes off. Needless to say - surprise (Not!). He didnt even batter an eye lid, he moved the ankle around and told me to put my sock back on. The days of shock-horror are all but gone.

I get my nails done every 10 days in a nail salon. My fingers are always wearing a clear glossy and my toenails are always a very pretty bright red. I wear sandals year-round in drab mode so that everyone can see my red toenails. Whenever anyone asks, I tell them that I like red toenails. That is all that you really have to say. Don't make up excuses. Be proud of your pretty nails and don't hide them when you are in drab mode. There is no law against having red toenails and therefore I'm not doing anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by suspender View Post
    I absolutely love an Avon colour called spring fling. Always have the toes painted and am very selective about when I do the fingers (need lots of time to remove the stuff). Got sprung (speaking of spring) at my doctors last year. I had a knee injury and he wanted to see my ankle of all things and requested that the sock comes off. Needless to say - surprise (Not!). He didnt even batter an eye lid, he moved the ankle around and told me to put my sock back on. The days of shock-horror are all but gone.

I haven't done my nails in a while. I do like it when I get the chance though.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Aspiring Member Cindi Ann Kelly's Avatar
    I used to paint my toe nails all the time.
    Gets a bit interesting if you should get a hole
    in socks, especially in the locker room - I had
    to time my visits for low traffic.

cindi

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

have painted nails

I have my toe nails painted always, love pink as a normal color. It does get interesting when I get caught with the color showing. I've told people I got drunk and my wife did it as a joke and that I decided to play the joke back on her by keeping them done. That has seemed to work well since my wife has played along with it. I wish that I could get my fingernails done like some of the other girls here, I tend to bite them down quite often and would like to try the excuse that I am trying to avoid biting them but it probably won't work along with my toe nail excuse.

Before when I would get my manicure, the nail tech would just buff my nails. Then about a month ago I got some pale Pink nail polish. I had her put it on my nails and no one has noticed, so now I have her put it on when she is finished with my nails.

I've been keeping my toes "painted" with some nice bright colors for about a year or better now, (just love it) Get a different color each month. As for my fingers, I began doing the Sally Hanson "Hard As Nails" thing in a clear gloss, actually to make them a bit stronger, worked kinda well but I do have a problem with a couple of my fingers that have a "striation" (sp) and they do split quite often. Finally got tired of that when trying to get them longer. About three months ago I decided to try some "acrylic" nails. OMG, I just love it. I keep them "painted/polished" with a clear glossy coat. Even though they're about 1/4" or better past my finger tips, I haven't received any comment ......yet.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Phyliss......I have had my acrylic nails for 2 years now. I too love them. About once a month, I get them cut back a little, maincured, and polished. I use sally Hansens #09, "Cotton Candy" polish. It is a light Pink and my nail tech puts 2 coats on and then a clear top coat. I can tell it, but no one has notice neither that I have acrylic nails or that they are polished. LOL

I was born without a thumb nail on both hands and barely have an index finger nail(born that way to).

I used to buy the pre-colored nails but was only limited to about 4 colors.

Now I buy the plain white ones and paint them whatever color I wish. I really love painting nails. I don't do the toes. I have ugly toes(once again born without a toenail on my small toe).

I should have know that with these mistakes God made in the beginning that he was going to mess up and make me a MALE.
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Just painted my toe nails for the 1st time, [cherry red].Wow i got pretty toes for the 1st time ever

Painted nails

Hi everyone
    I've paint and polished my toes several times. I really enjoy manicure and pedicure. For me is very important that toes looks good beautiful and ofcourse i like linger nails than normaly mens have...

Kisses
    Mayliis

Junior Member myhubbycrosdressesGG's Avatar

nails?

Yeah, i have painted my hubbys nails.. in fact i bought him a little prezzie today.. some pretty blue and some ligther pink nail polish.. in hopes that i can paint his nails and tell him he doesnt have to take it off...
    Becca

I certainly keep my toenails polished constantly, and I do my fingernails during the autumn and winter. I can't seem to find the desire in the summer, and I don't know why.

Feeling so good en femme! Miss Lulu's Avatar
    I paint my toe nails all the time, always in a different color. It is common and natural for me to see my toes painted.
    Miss Lulu

When I do my nails I usually leave them colored for a few days before going back to drab nails. I'm not too enthusiastic about taking the polish off so there are still little bits of pink on my nails.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    You'll never guess what, but a similar thing happen to me today at work .... I kid you not .... and by my new boss!

He said to me as I was leaving his office after a meeting, "oh and one more thing .... I want to ask you a question. What's with the fingernails!?" Right now my own (real) fingernails are really long .... way longer than I normally wear in boy mode. They are more than a quarter of an inch past the end of my fingertips and they are shaped femininely and they have clear shiny polish on them. I just said in a nonchalant way "oh, ....well I actually like my nails to be long, ....and as a matter of fact so does my wife!" He then says, "what? .. does she manicure them?" and I say, "no, it's just that I prefer long nails and I haven't cut them in a while. Do you want me to cut them?" (I said this knowing full well he would say no or that he didn't care and he says "No, it's just that I only noticed them today. They're pretty long, are you going to emery board them or something?". I say ... "yeah, probably" and then I leave his office with a smile.

Phew, this is first time it's ever happened at work. I've had all the answers to all the questions in my head (just in case) for several years now. At least I got to use this one. I wonder if his next question will be "what's with the brasserie?" as he notices an outline of a bra strap through my shirt!!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 08-06-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Why hide your red toenails? IF anyone comments tell them that you like having red toenails. That is really all there is to it. It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sexycindi48 View Post
    I used to paint my toe nails all the time.
    Gets a bit interesting if you should get a hole
    in socks, especially in the locker room - I had
    to time my visits for low traffic.

cindi