Thread: Breastforms are so expensive nowadays!

Breastforms are so expensive nowadays!

I was looking at ebay and it's so hard to find a good breastform for cheap! I got my current ones 2 years ago from ebay for $59 - one day auction special and they've been great! Problem is they are a little bit dirty now and I've never washed them. Well, I'm now thinking of getting C cup breastforms because not all bras are B cup, and maybe I'd like to look like a more bigger breasted gal in some of my outfits. Anyone know of good places to get good quality breastforms not so expensive?

Banned Read only
    Hi Kate

try:

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/

I know they are not as cheap as e-bay but it is a start

hope this helps you

I recommend checking out The Breastform Store (http://www.thebreastformstore.com). The have some inexpensive forms but most are over $100. I've purchased two pairs from them over the years and have been very satisfied with their customer service.

Monika

Inexpensive silicone alternative

Hey ladies, you might want to try my method for creating great looking breast forms. Don't laugh, but I use bird seed inside of tights. I tried this method about fifteen years ago and was so happy with the look I never went back to silicone.

I start by cutting the legs off of a pair of heavy tights. Two legs per form. Then I pour in pure bird seed (pure seed, no sunflower seeds) and tie the legs off by knotting the nylon. You can vary the firmness and size of the form very easily. For firm breasts tie the knot right up against the bird seed (effective for creating cleavage). For breasts that feel more natural leave room between the knot and the seed. The knot actually makes a very convincing nipple.

I like these forms over silicone because I can create very convincing cleavage. Worn inside a pushup bra, my forms actually hold the excess skin of my chest in place, creating cleavage. These forms help wearing low cut fashions.

You should try, it's easy!

Hugs,

Sally

So they tell me Kate. That's why I've never used expensive ones and never will. What I use is adequate but I guess if "size" is what you want, you have to "pay the piper."

Ok, I looked at the breastforms store and I think my current ones are the Gold Seal forms that cost $169! Yikes! I got such a good deal on ebay 2 years ago!

Well, when I go shopping for bra and panty sets, sometimes something nice doesn't come in a B cup, hence I'm willing to go C cup so I can shop more!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    I was looking at ebay and it's so hard to find a good breastform for cheap!

you should have been around 10 or more years ago.

the foam ones were as expensive as the lesser-end silicones are today.

and that was if you went to the places that wouldn't rip you off; i've heard horror stories about michael ***** .

if you could get the lifelike ones, they'd run $500+ on the cheap and you'd have to search long and hard; now they're 150-200 and relatively easy to obtain.

You can also do what I did to get my current pair.

I went to a local Mastectomy supply store and talked with the manager, I was open and honest with her, I was in drab. I told her that I was a CDer and that I wanted some breastforms. She showed me what they had in stock and how much they were ($350.00 a pair and stuff). I then explained to her that it was a bit pricey and asked if there were any "used" ones that had been returned. Now, I did not ask why they were returned but they did have a pair that were the size and shape I was seeking and I was able to purchase them for $100.00 for the pair.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I to went to a mastectomy supply store.Pick a brand called "Le Breast".Wasn't sure what size i wanted ,talked with sales,they recommended to me and i took her advise and bought a 3/4 cup size($100.00).Not a ,A to c/d cup just something to make me look natural.I'm a measured 38b without my forms in a underwire.I love underwire bras. and with the 3/4 forms on i feel that they are apart of me.Have the appearance i wanted and i think sales helped me out very well

I ride my Harley enfemme btmgrl6's Avatar
    Try "pals" from super gel products.You can get them from under $100.00.
    I got mine from them and was very happy with thier product and service. They don't have a retail type outlet,but since I live in the area I was allowed to visit the factory and was treated very well. Hope this helps

Steph

Breast forms

Hi,

I have never purchased a set of breast forms. I have made my own using fax seed and knee highs. You fill each knee high with enough seed for your desired breast size. Then tie off and cut off the extra..The knot makes a nice nipple. I will admit it takes a few tries to make both breasts the same size and it can be messy to make.
    That's how I do it. But then again I have only been out in femme once.

HUGS,

Sandra

Wink

I too use a nylon full of rice. I like them firm. That and some medical tape and I can create cleavage to die for. Try using a measuring cup to get that set a perfect match.

I used the rice or bird seed in a knee hi stocking for several years, but since I had my thyroid surgery, those puppys have grown. I now have a real pair of 38C or 40B breasts. God it's nice to have real ones, but there are times when I wished I could take them out of my bra, and put them in a drawer. Like at the beach, or at a pool or just out in the yard, where the neighbors could see your chest. I've been known to wear a womens suit to the pool, because of the protrusions. Even though I'd rather throw on a pair of trunks and dive in. So it's not always that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. When you look at the other side, it's not always fun...BJ

is in her vest
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyStone View Post
    Hey ladies, you might want to try my method for creating great looking breast forms. Don't laugh, but I use bird seed inside of tights.
    SNAP!!!!!
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

First try at homemade forms

Just made DD size forms. Next time i'll try to go larger, with flesh tone, and better quality. could probably make silicone like H cup forms for 50-60 bucks
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1114880...n/photostream/

Last edited by creative; 08-08-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Okay creative, that's pretty impressive. Do tell how you did it though.

Kassandra

You can still find acceptable silicone forms on Ebay for less than $50. I recently checked and there were several for sale. Mark the sellers as favorites if they don't have the size you are looking for and then just check back every once in a while. Mine cost me about $35 in April of this year.

I was lucky enough some time ago and found a local shop that was selling the surplus stock of silicon 'Breast enhancers" they had. I originally tried using water-filled baloons with some success. They worked better than stuffing, but always with the risk of leaking or worse breaking. The silicon Breast enhancers are very much available on the auction sites and very cheap. If they help/assist GG in creating that extra size(s) why not?

Inexpensive Breastsforms

Check out www.truekare.com. In particular Imprefect bh-313 Total $45.94. Just might be what you are looking for.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

I have also made my own forms with knee-hi nylons, but instead of bird seed or rice I went to a hobby store (Michael's) and bought "Polly Pellets" they are small bits of a plastic material that is used to stuff dolls. They don't have a problem if they get wet from sweat as seeds and rice would. If you measure the pellets you can get the forms the same size.
    I still have these and use them at times, but I really love the feel of my silicone breastforms.

Just keep experimenting.

Professional Consumer Rebecca Petersen's Avatar

For the birds

For many years I too used bird seed in knee-hi's. Really got tired of all the birds and small woodland creatures following me though, so I switched to Silly putty/silicone. They're worth the investment.
    Due to budget cutbacks, we have found it necessary to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.