Thread: Plucking eybrows

Lucy1cd

Question Plucking eybrows

I am currently searching out web sites, or for that matter beauticians that will pluck eybrows into a fem shape. I have tried nyself but I look like draculas daughter. Can anyone help?

Also I am tryindg to find a hairdresser that will cut my hair in a fem shape but not quite if you understand what I mean. I have short hair and want to have it layered to a fem style

Any answers would be greatly appreciated,

Lucy

I am hoping to do the same thing with my hair. Long enough where I can "style" it en femme or leave it in an androgynous state. The book "Lazy Crossdresser" has a good section on plucking eyebrows and how to have them properly shapped. I used it and while I did'nt pluck mine too thin, they have more of a feminine look to them without looking strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy1cd
    I am currently searching out web sites, or for that matter beauticians that will pluck eybrows into a fem shape. I have tried nyself but I look like draculas daughter. Can anyone help?

Also I am tryindg to find a hairdresser that will cut my hair in a fem shape but not quite if you understand what I mean. I have short hair and want to have it layered to a fem style

Any answers would be greatly appreciated,

Lucy
    Lucy,

You might try PMing Tammera-GG. But be careful... she's a cosmotologist. That's a cult that believes in the "hair after." Seriously, she may even know of some TFriendly beauticians in your area.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

This is simple - almost any beautician that does brow waxing will do your brows. But the key is, tell them what you want in no uncertain terms. They are professionals but not mind readers - just explain to them that you want your brows to be more femme looking. Once they have the basic shape done, you can maintain them by just plucking in the new growth.

I personally have had at least 3 different female beauticians do my brows, and some have done them VERY femme. Just be prepared to live with the results, they will be there for everyone to see for a while

DanaJ

I started to pluck my own, a little at a time as to not make a big instant and noticable change. now that I have a shape and thickness it is easy to maintain. The one thing about is that if you see the little wiskers poping throught you need to clear them out other wise be ready for " YOU PLUCK YYOUR EYEBROWS" it happend to me in front of a client. I said No my wife go sick of looking at the uibrow and tourtured me one night. and she a a bit of a laugh about getting old and hair growing out of my nose and ears and stuff and that was that. There is a right way to do it, some of the TG sites have glamor tips read them, it will help.

BTW after the third one the brow kind of goes numb and it's no big deal after that.

Good luck.

I agree just about any professional will be happy to do it for the normal charge, the chance that they wont is low. but be sure to be precise in your instructions.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I have been wanting to have my brows waxed, but I have been apprehensive about it, I planned on doing it today, but the lady who usually cuts my hair was off . I have tried plucking mine, but I am a wuss for pain, I guess. Waxing them seems like it would be easier. Kinda like when you were a kid and trying to gingerly pull a band-aid off. Then mom or dad would come along and just jerk it off.
    [SIZE=4]Being a princess is all play and no work! I am a princess, and no it is not work for me! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly ....no wait, I meant be a cute cuddly teddy bear. [/SIZE]

Professionals!

I find that they don't care what your doing. I go to a Ly-Nail salon and they tend to femm your eyebrows more and more each time. I've noticed a trend in gg, to have thicker eyebrows though. Anyway I have my favorite and it was the 1st salon I went to. Manicure, pedicure and eyebrow waxing are my normal things once a month. Occassionally I get a facial too.
    Danielle

Try http://www.foreverwed.com/hair/How%2...20eyebrows.htm

It's not that hard to do, really. Take a brow pencil and mark the brow shape you want, then remove everything not marked. Take your time and do it over a period of a week or two if you are worried anyone will notice. If you wear glasses, it is usually harder for anyone to notice.
    DonnaT

Plucking and alternatives

There are a few ways to go about this... you can indeed have them done professionally and as stated, for the whole world to see... or wax them lightly yourself or even just do them with stencils when you get dresses. Personally I pluck a few of the heavy hairs because luckily they are naturally light. When I get dressed, I bring out the eye brow stencils. You can get them at Walgreens, Osco's, Walmart or CVS and they come with coloring and a brush. You can also further beautify by first getting some Moustache Wax (get the clear) and waxing your brows before you put your makeup on. Flatten down your eyebrows and then cover with foundation stick and foundation. You now have a "clean canvas" to do any shape you want! All without having to go through all of the time and trouble you will go through getting them done... If on the other hand your dressing full time, get your brows done!
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

Lucy1cd

Responce to my question

Wow

I never thought I would get such a responce. A great big thank you to all you girls for taking the time out to reply. I really appreciate your comments and the effort you put inot this.

Lucy

Banned Read only
    I pluck my own. OOOUUUCCCHHHH!!! I have a friend that does my hair for me but i've never asked her to pluck my eyebrows for me. We kind of have a deal. She does my hair and I service her computers for her. She does my wife and daughters hair too. Doesn't bother with my son, cuz the nuckle head shaves his head all the time (using up all my razors!!!Buy your own, Kid!!!)

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !)

I find it hard to believe that in this day and time there are salons that don't or won't help anyone clean up their eyebrows. Where I live, even barbershops will offer to thin out of trim mens eyebrows. There is no need anymore for any many to look like he has caterpillars crawling over his eyes. I thin mine weekly with a mustache comb and fine scissors, and pluck extra hairs where they need it. Nobody has paid the least attention.

BTW, there are sites (Eyebrows?) a link is on my website) that sells plastic forms you place over your brows and fill with powder or pencil. You could them pluck any hairs that fall outside the brow. Remember ... ultra thin penciled eyebrows are out of fashion, and slightly thicker ones (think Brooke Shields) are now in.

Trim them up!

The lady I always go to get my hair cut at always trims my eyebrows...funny thing is that I never asked her to do it. She just did it once and now trims them everytrip. No shaping of them but she cuts them down pretty far. No one at work nor friends ever commented. I was self conscious about them at first, but no one has ever said anything.

I might pluck them at some point...but really just go with a wig that has bangs and covers them up anyway.

I have been working on mine for months. I started with the hairs closer to the nose, and the ones that were well away from the part of the brow that I knew I wanted to keep. I bought 'The Make-up Book', by Joy Terri, which is very helpful (Published by New Holland). I then removed all the white hairs, next the very coarse hairs. I found that my brows actually consist of three types of hair: very fine light coloured hair, pleasant dark brown hair, and some very coarse black hairs. The fine hair is the most difficult to pluck. Yesterday I bought a little pen-sized epilator, and cleaned up the area below my brow. This morning I almost crapped when I looked in the mirror. Definitely femme brows now. I bought some brow wax strips, but didn't find them helpful at all. Good luck. go one step at a time. If you screw up, it will grow back.....eventually. wenda.

PS, went to my gf's place last night. Never mentioned the eyebrows. She knows I dress, has done my makeup, and shops with Wenda... so, I guess you can take a lot of unneccessary hair away from your brows without drawing attention. I like it. It is like dressing in public. wenda.