Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do YOU do with your eyebrows when dressing?

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

What do YOU do with your eyebrows when dressing?

In my steps on the way towards an acceptable level of dressing, I have paid attention to a lot of details, but I am stuck with my eyebrows.

Right now, since I have an un-accepting SO, I have been very careful with plucking my eyebrows because I don't want her to notice that I am doing it. Since I have bushy eyebrows I have carefully shaved them down to as short as possible (clippers on a comb), and I have done a little plucking to at least start with creating an arch.

When I do my make-up, I include my eyebrows in the foundation cover and I also cover them with liquid makeup so they'll end up kind of blending in my face color. My wigs have bangs on purpose to hide my eyebrows, or that what is left of them. But after closely observing you girls pictures, I notice that having both forehead and eyebrows exposed, greatly adds to creating a more realistic female and sexy image. So now I want to take my next step into dealing with my eyebrows without being too drastic all at once.

My question to all of you is: "How do you handle your eyebrows when dressing?" I would really appreciate your input, so I could learn from it.

Thanks Dita.

Transgender HouseWife Toni Shelton's Avatar

I shape mine.

I have been shaping mine for about a year. I love the neat look. No one has said anything.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Toni Shelton[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tonishelton56@yahoo.com

[SIZE="2"]My Mothers first Daughter[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My New Avatar is my New Years Picture, I hope you like.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I have had the same problem. Over the last couple of years I have slowly thinned mine down so they aren't quite so bushy. If you do it slowly enough no one will notice like if you pluck them down in one sitting. Mine are not thin like a GG's but they also don't look like a gorilla's.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cinderellalady1956 View Post
    I have been shaping mine . . . No one has said anything.
    Ditto!

Here's an idea: go to a new hairdresser and get them to thin them -- shape them, etc. It is normal for many barbers to do this. Then, when you go home, say nothing about it! "If" (and when) it gets brought up, hey, must have been that new hairdresser (or barber) -- you hadn't noticed -- but now that you are noticing, you like it better than the caveman look you were getting more of with age! (The new hair place I have been using, offers a "brow arch" which is shaping and trimming. It is becoming popular.)
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

I have slowly thinned mine a bit. A cut here, a pluck there. Still not happy with the way they look when I dress. I have heard of putting wax over them, covering the wax with make-up, and drawing new ones. I just can't imagine how it is you would get the wax off though....

Pretend they arent there

Pluck mine regularly. My wife has made a few comments about it, mostly after I hadn't cleaned them up for a while, but no one else has.

Lightbulb It's a Cover......

[SIZE="3"]I used my "Pan Stick" over the brows first, Then I put foundation paste over them, Then when I blend in the liquid foundation over them they are far less noticeable.

Then when I do my eyes I use the eyeliner pencil to line my eye brows.

Be sure to use a much darker color than your brows so the eyeliner will stand out past the natural brows.

I prefer very dark brown or jet black.

Oh.... Don't try liquid eyeliner only pencil, Liquid will make a mess.

RC
    [/SIZE]

The new style is fuller eyebrows! Just in time. Most of mine have no color at all and are so fine that don't show much. I trim the offending one and live with the rest. Two things I envy most are smooth and flawless legs, and perfectly done eyes. I don't have either. Just dreams

I get mine waxed and plucked once a month at my nail salon. Then I use a eyebrow pencil to cover the white hairs that show thru. Next time I go in, I am going to have my nail tech make them a little more thinner. Wife says they look better now that I get them waxed. If my wife sees a stray hair, she grabs the twesers and plucks it out. LOL

Mine were bushy and I didn't really know what to do about it, till a couple of years back when I started with a new hairdresser and she just said "Let's trim those brows shall we". I felt kind of liberated by the idea that it was OK for men to trim their eyebrows and I carried on with a gradual program of trimming and plucking. If my wife notices she hasn't mentioned it (and she knows I CD).
    I think the secret is to do nothing drastic or sudden. People just do not pay that much attention.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Its the only place on me entire body (except for the now near Quarter size bald spot on my head) with min hair. I slowly plucked for a few weeks, and so far so good. No one has said a word, in-fact my wife likes the clean look.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I got a battery powered groomer at Walgreens. It has like 3 attachments to it. I can do ears, nose and eyebrows with it. It also comes in handy for trimming lower areas if I want to tape. Probably a little TO MUCH INFO HUH.
    Hugs,
    Tamera
    Please read this regarding personal information http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_personal_information

[SIZE="2"]"GENDER" is not whats between the "THIGHS", but whats between the "EARS".....[/SIZE]

Over an extended period of time ( a year or so), I have almost eliminated my eyebrows. First by trimming the length, second by plucking, slowly plucking, then by dyeing my hair and eyebrows a very light blonde. If anyone has an issue with it, they haven't said anything. My wife hasn't complained, so all is well.

Trim, pluck, thin etc. So they look good on you either guy or girl then wet them with spirit gum and using your fingers pinch them together to make them appear thin.

I use the weedeater - does a great job but hurts a little . . . can some one call 911?

Kim,

After a day like today, that made me laugh! You rock!

Thanks.

Sandy
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I'm lucky in that my eyebrows aren't bushy. Actually, as a kid I got made fun of a few times because my eyebrows aren't bushy, they thought I had shaved them off or something and they were still growing back. They aren't arched or anything, just the hairs are kind of sparse on that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dita_B View Post
    In my steps on the way towards an acceptable level of dressing, I have paid attention to a lot of details, but I am stuck with my eyebrows.

Right now, since I have an un-accepting SO, I have been very careful with plucking my eyebrows because I don't want her to notice that I am doing it. Since I have bushy eyebrows I have carefully shaved them down to as short as possible (clippers on a comb), and I have done a little plucking to at least start with creating an arch.

When I do my make-up, I include my eyebrows in the foundation cover and I also cover them with liquid makeup so they'll end up kind of blending in my face color. My wigs have bangs on purpose to hide my eyebrows, or that what is left of them. But after closely observing you girls pictures, I notice that having both forehead and eyebrows exposed, greatly adds to creating a more realistic female and sexy image. So now I want to take my next step into dealing with my eyebrows without being too drastic all at once.

My question to all of you is: "How do you handle your eyebrows when dressing?" I would really appreciate your input, so I could learn from it.

Thanks Dita.
    That is what I do. Apply foundation to whole face and cover the brows. I do pluck the really stray ones though. And the weirdest thing. The last two times I got my hair cut at the local strip mall, the girl without even asking took a comb and clippers to trim them. Now I never thought they were that bad, but maybe she thought they were

I have thinned and shaped mine over a couple of yersa, so no one notices or says a thing. I often apply eyeliner to them at night, so they have a darker apperance. Their natural color is bleached out blond. I pluck them weekly and am happy with the look. Thus I do not need to cover them with foundation. When I do that they sweat and allow any color to run off.

The most important words "pluck them a little at a time". Nothing will get you comments faster than changing something alot overnight. I've been thinning mine down now for over 2 years. I'm almost to the point of just maintaining them but still have a few hairs to go! Just start with a little light weeding. Then over time start to shape them to more of a point. Eventually you can start working on the arch. It helps if you wear glasses in boy mode. The frames usually cover most of my eyebrows and people look at the glasses and not the brows. Clark Kent had it right, putting on the glasses hides the superhero behind them!

Good Luck!

eyebrows.jpg

PS - Here's where I've started and how far I've thinned so far. I also tape so that lifts them and makes them look MUCH better.
    Last edited by Sally24; 08-08-2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Sally

I trim them very close. Fortuneatly, they aren't very dark, and I pencil them in more evenly than they really are, and that works pretty well.

Ruthie

I also use one of those mini clippers for shaping and for thinning out my brows. Out of all the hair on my body, those brow hairs seem to be the thickest and sturdiest!

When I'm doing makeup, I have to slightly color them in, cuz they're actually very blonde. One salon girl (gg) recommended it and I've been doing it since. Its not a dark color, but makes them look natural and feminine. I use a brow pencil on them, very delicately.
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!

I get very bushy and platinum blonde eyebrows during summer. I always get comments on them standing out. I think more because they are so blonde. So I just pluck them and cut the length a little. No worries! It serves me as a boy as well as en femme. Maybe an arch becomes more of an issue as a boy.

Banned Read only
    I've always kept my eyebrows thinned out somewhat. My girlfriend once asked me if I plucked my eyebrows. I just said, "Sure. Andy Rooney eyebrows make a guy look old". She never mentioned it again.