Thread: Garage Sale Dilemma

Garage Sale Dilemma

I'm torn, girls. My sister has a denim dress that I love even though it doesn't quite fit me properly. She has decided that she's selling it at the garage sale my family is going to have next week. Now I want it, and I can't just ask her for it because she doesn't know about me (yet). Since she plans on selling it (instead of just giving it away) I would feel wrong just taking it while she's not around, and I also think she might notice if it went missing. Taking it isn't an option, asking her for it isn't an option, and yet I don't want to see it go. What should I do?
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

If it doesn't fit................. What's the dilemma?
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

It doesn't quite fit. I can get it on and everything it just doesn't look the best (its mostly just a little short). But I can still wear it, its just not something I'd ever wear out if I were to go out.

If you'll be at the sale and she won't (even for just a while) put the money for it in the till and take it. You're buying it then, not "taking" it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina View Post
    If you'll be at the sale and she won't (even for just a while) put the money for it in the till and take it. You're buying it then, not "taking" it.
    My parents will probably see that though, and even though they know about me, it still remains in the shadows. If I have such an opportunity, I will probably take it, I just doubt that I will.

An easier way would be to go to some thrift stores. They usually always have denim skirts. That way you can get one that fits. Just measure your sister's skirt at the waiste and its length and measure the ones at the thrift store. The cost at the thrift store should be around $5.00. Great deal. If not take a plactic bag in your pocket and stuff the skirt in when no one is looking. Good luck.

Junior Member Hippy Chic's Chick's Avatar
    Help with the sale and pretend you sold it?

Then get some money together and for god's sake, buy one that fits!
    "I want to feel like a woman!" Said my boyfriend.

"OK", I replied. "The baby needs breastfeeding, the ironing pile is in the kitchen and the washing up is in the sink."

...and I went to the pub.

Valerie

Why not get a friend to purchase it for you and when she arrives at the garage sale , discretely point out the denim dress.

i do agree with others you should buy one that actually fits

Michelle

If your Mom knows, try asking her to discretely purchase the dress for you. Who knows, it might open up things with you and your Mom.

Here's a different approach, tell her you need the denim for patches on your jeans...Just a thought...BJ

Seems to me that you have two options:
    1. Come out to your sister then ask her for the dress or buy it.
    2. Find one that fits and buy it.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.