Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when you got your first pair of heels how long did it take you to get the hang of it

The sexiest girl i know Shining Star's Avatar

when you got your first pair of heels how long did it take you to get the hang of it

when you got your first pair of heels how long did it take before you were able to walk with out stumbling. i still learning to walk in mine ( wobble wobble wobble).
    LET THE STARS BE YOUR GUIDE

Just tried some small heels last weekend, and was a bit wobbly. Afterwards, found a website that pretty much described to me how to walk in them... that's going to take a bit of getting used to, as it's almost opposite of how I was thinking. Landing on the ball of your feet, then the heel...

Looking forward to wearing the nice stilletto heels on the 26th though -- And hoping to get photos too.

how hi is you hi heels

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star
    when you got your first pair of heels how long did it take before you were able to walk with out stumbling. i still learning to walk in mine ( wobble wobble wobble).
    star i was lucky. back in the day disco was queen everybody wore plattform shoes so walking in mine im use to them heres a picture if my faverite ones there 7" heel plattform with a lucite heel but there called heel-les and believe it or not there the most comfertable ones so i wear them alot xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Never worn heels before. I'm six foot one. why would I want to be any taller? Spiked heels sounds like you'd have to be a daredevil to balance on them!!! If I was shorter I might consider them. But for now I'll keep my feet planted firmly on the ground and stick to my flats.

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !)

Silky panties are best Sandra H's Avatar
    Hi Star.

Another great question the only thing with you asking these questions is it makes me feel old because it makes me think back about the first times I wore heels and then when I remember it turns out to be over 20 years then I feel old LOL.

I have never worn really high heels you know those say 5 to 7 INS. But what I would say the more normal size for a GG these are 2 1/2 to 3 INS. I remember it took some time to get used to walking in them but my wife gave me a few lessons and I soon mastered it.

It must be like learning to ride a bike one learned you never forget, now days I wear them every now and again, but within a few steps it’s as if I have never been out of them and I can even drive in them. So keep up the practice, like learning to ride a bike all of a sudden you will get the hang of it.

I have attached a photo of the type of heels I like to wear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandra H; 03-16-2005 at 08:19 AM.
    Love Sandra xx

christine marie
    never really had a problem, my first pair were platforms, abourt 3 or 4".hopped in em like an indy race car driver,VAROOOOOOOOOM! :>) CHRISTINE MARIE

I think my first few pairs of heels were 3" and I don't recall ever having a problem walking in them. It just seemed natural to me. Now 5" heels are a different story. They definitely took a while to get used to.
    Kisses, Linda

Hi Jessica,

You're trying to start out in those 5" heels aren't you

It's not that hard really, you just need to take shorter steps with your feet close to a center line in front of you toes pointed straight ahead. Swivel the hips a touch and don't look down.

If your ankles aren't strong enough to prevent the wobble, then wider heels on your heels will help.

Practice, practice.
    DonnaT

Aspiring Member
    I bought my first heels not too long ago, and I was able to walk in them ok, with a slight wobble.

Just small easy steps, when walking up/down stairs be a little extra careful. Otherwise, just take it easy and don't walk anywhere in a rush.

Tristen Cox
    Next time you should start off with less than five inch heels. You don't learn it over night. I started in jelly's (flats/plastic). You go up from there, everyone will be diferent.

I am a quick study

I bought my first heels over ten years ago. One pair had 3" heel and the other about 4.5" and they took only a little time to get used to. I actually have no problem if they fit right.
    An ex-GF once said learning how to walk in heels one had to watch duck [or any avian] walk, a gait called, in Spanish] pato y gallo -- duck and rooster and imitate the heel/toe on a straight line. Surely, like anything else, it takes practice.
    I once lost my balance and twisted the bejeebus out of my left ankle and it was swollen for over three months. A year ago, in the gym I was doing some side-step stair idiocies and twisted the same ankle. That time, it turned a lovely purplish green [great lipstick color thought I] and was swollen for about a month. I can still see a bit of an enlarged ankle.

Today, I own only one pair of heels about 3.5" and two pair of calf-high boots with 4" or so.

I'd love another pair of OTFM stilletos with ankle straps -- had a pair and the cleaning lady stole them!
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

To be honest, it didn't take that long for me. I've always been balanced on stuff. Of course, it took a couple tries to get perfect, but now I'm alot better.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

When I first started CD'ing, many moons ago, I'd usually borrow my sister's 3" pumps, it took me a bit to get used to them but I wasn't toooo bad.

I started buying my own shoes and boots a few years ago and they've all had 4-5" heels. I've actually had very few problems wearing them.

I think, in general, I have a good 'sense' of balance, which may help.

Also, I'm normally NOT a dancer, w/o several drinks at least, but, I seem to catch myself 'dancing' around quite a bit when wearing my 5" pumps.

BTW, have fun breaking in the new boots, but, don't hurt yourself in the process.

Rachel Jean

I was so excited to finally be wearing them! I think I had pretty good control after 10-15 minutes. I wear heels primarily in the 2 1/2 inch range. High enough, but not too high.
    Marie

Thumbs up Starting Out

My first pair were 3 in heels that was over 20 years ago.I have been dressing since i was 7 so i have had a lot of practice.Now my collection is mainly 5 inch heels or higher.I have a couple of 3 1/2 in heels that i use for when i am working around the house.Primarly it's 5,5 1/2 or 6 inch heels for me.The higher the heel,the sexier i feel.Stillettos,I Love Them.
    Stillettos Are Me and I Love Them!!!!!

about a day
    *\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/* *\O/*

Cheerfully
    -Jenna Cheerleader

The sexiest girl i know Shining Star's Avatar
    hi girls thank for the inputs i will try to take your advice lets see how i go the main thin i hvae to do is practice practice practice
    LET THE STARS BE YOUR GUIDE

Talking Tall

Quote Originally Posted by donnie123abc1
    Never worn heels before. I'm six foot one. why would I want to be any taller? Spiked heels sounds like you'd have to be a daredevil to balance on them!!! If I was shorter I might consider them. But for now I'll keep my feet planted firmly on the ground and stick to my flats.

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !)
    hi Dawn Marrie,

well i m that high with out heels!!!!!!!!!!!
    started with 3inch heels and was no trouble, then on to 4 inch heel no trouble........
    now on 4 and a half inch heel thigh boots and it is taking a little getting used too........... but one will just have to practice

next pair is 5inch heel pump so that would make me 6foot 6

But I just love heels
    there are tall girls out there so me not worried..................

must go now and practice practice......................

love
    Sarah

Not very long at all

Hi Ladies

I am a child of the 50's. I was 16 in '69. I wore boots with small platforms and 3.5 inch heels all the time.

I seemed to pick up 3 & 4 in heels easily. I never really thought about it, it just happened. I guess my body rememeber how to walk.

I have tried 5 inch heels and can't do a thing in them but stand. I picked up a pair tried about 5 times walking in them and finally they went back to ebay.

I do have problems with slip-ons (like mules). When I have on hose they want to slip forward as I walk. I am constantly wanting to curl my toes to keep them on which only makes it worse. Without hose they work perfect. I love the way they look but I guess as Star says - practice, practice, practice.

I just picked up a pair of 4s but I think they are more like 4.5 stilleto (never could spell). There are so cute. Black with a small lock dangling from the right one and 2 small keys from the left one. I'm not uses to the little clicks when I walk but that is a small thing.

Hugs
    Donna Louise
    Life - Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Gertrude

What Heels?

Hi Jessica,

I'm still waiting to try out my first pair of heels. :-( My problem is - I cannot find a pair that will fit my very wide feet. The search continues...

Hugs & stuff.

Gertie

Heel Queen

Heels, heels, heels.......

My first pair where 5 inchs and it didn't take me long to balance in them and within a few hours i had got to the point of being able to walk gracefully in them.

Now after going out in 6inch heels I have almost perfected the art of walking outside on different surfaces while still appearing graceful. I still have the odd stumble as any gg does but I think you got the message..... practice, practice and more practice.

It is sooooooo worth it in the end as in my mind there is nothing more femme than being able to gracefully move along in heels and the feeling is something I cannot put into words.

Good luck xxx

Steffie
    6'' Heel Queen in Australia

Platinum Member
    stumbeling wallableing and trypping...........yes i do it all the time in flatts or "him" shoes at least a 4 inch heel all the time ..........like donna said 3.5 heels were common in the 60's .........my frist pair of heels .......were 4 inch heels ........just like i was ment to wear them ........star soon you will be like running up and down stairs and things with out even thinking ........the chalange ????????dance backwards in 4 inch or higher heels ..........
    Last edited by Wendy me; 03-23-2005 at 07:28 AM. Reason: voices in my head want me to and who am i to argue with them?

When I was younger (11-13) I could wear just about all of my Mom's heels, she had a nice selection of up to 2" heels. I can wear and walk in heels that size just like a pair of sneakers. Currently I have a pair of 5" ankle strapped spiked heels and I struggle to get the hang of those. But boy do they look and feel sexy to have on.
    Krissi

hi all

i put them on and walked.#

stevie

xx
    I,m gonna dress up tonight and I look real pretty for I don't know who, find my own way around this great big city and I'm gonna sit at a bar and gonna have a drink.

My first pair,many years ago, was a pair with 3-1/2 inch heels, and ankle straps. I amazed my wife, I just put them on, and walked like I had worn them all my life. Wish I still had that pair, I loved them.
    Hugs,

Teddie