Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your average dressing time

Question Your average dressing time

Ok. I searched and didn't find anything on this subject, but I was just curious.
    On average, how long would you say it normally takes for you to get fully dressed, that is, starting with makeup to finally putting on those heels.
    Me, it takes a little over an hour, but not more than an hour and a half.

Come on girls!
    Who has the record for the shortest and the longest times.
    Last edited by joann07; 08-10-2007 at 12:53 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Good question. Though, it has been quite some time since I was TOTALLY dressed up. I would have to say it totally depends on why I am dressing.

1. Dressing just to be dressed I could probably do everything in 20 - 30 minutes.

2. Dressing to go out, casual I could probably do in 30 - 40 minutes.

3. Dressing to go out, to the nines it would probably take me 40 minutes to an hour or longer depending on whether I had to shave my legs or not. (though I have gotten a complete shave from nose to toes done in roughly 20 minutes).

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    (though I have gotten a complete shave from nose to toes done in roughly 20 minutes).Kandis
    I'd need alot of bandaids at the end of that 20 minutes!

I can do a very thin daytime look in 30 minutes, maybe a little less.

A good nightime look with shadow and eyeliner will take from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
    Sally

My maximum time from full drab to fully glammed [good enough to go out clubbing! but i don,t]] up is 2 hours. Normally, depending on what i wear, how much makeup etc is about 1 hour[including facial shaving]!!

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Wow! I am the champ!

It takes me a full 3 hours to dress completely and when I include my nails and nail polish it takes me up to an hour more.

My dressing time is broken up like this: assuming that I have already done shaving:
    1 hour to get my clothes on, including shoes and jewelry,
    1 hour to get my basic makeup on, foundation, concealer and all that stuff,
    1 hour to get my eyes and mascara done right. I find putting on mascara, especially on the lower lashes, without getting smudges, one of the most difficult tasks to master...ever. Also styling my wig, until I am satisfied, takes me a lot of (included) time
    1 hour or less for my artificial nails.

Mind you this time span includes bringing out my female suitcase from the crawlspace and cleaning up afterwards so that no trace of my secret adventure remains. And you should see the mess I am able to make. Stuff everywhere!

It takes me 1 hour to get rid of everything that took 3 plus hours to put on...

Are you making a statistic about this, Joann? Perhaps you could do this in the form of a poll... just a suggestion.

Thanks for asking.

Dita.
    Last edited by Dita_B; 08-10-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: forgot half of what I wanted to mention...

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Just to run around and enjoy ....30 minutes (I keep my nails long and cleared).

For a special activity or glam photos....just under an hour.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Sinse I already have long acrylic nails and I keep my toes polished all the time and I keep my legs/chest/arms shaved too, it usually take me somewhere around 45 minutes to get ready. This is not counting the time it takes to select an outfit first. LOL

Since completing lazer hair removal of the black hairs on my face, I can do my makeup in 5 minutes, put on my clothes and be out the door in 15 minutes. I did just that recently when I was late heading out the door to go with my wife to a play. I guess I looked like all the other women who were dressed down and had on minimal makeup. At least no one pinted a finger or looked at me twice. Maybe thats because there were a lot of ugly women at that theatre - excluding my wife who is always nicely dressed and beautiful.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Well I think I am about the average here. Not including a shower, I take anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour. Thats about average time for me.

drsssing time

From the time I start the bath ,soak shave dry off smelly good on,makeup,undergarments,pick a outfit ,check fit and look,about 2 hours.

Dressing Time

I never go out without make up, even to shop. So, from the time the clothes come out of the drawer, assuming I do not have to iron anything, and if I am lucky with the mascara and contacts, I can be ready in about an hour and a half. That includes getting at least something on my nails. So I am in the 1-1/2 to 2 hour category.
    Joanna

Semi-fem, 15 minutes, giggle.

Full-fem, wig, makeup etc., about an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

without make up I get dressed in 15 minites. I love getting dressed and enjoy the experience.
    Sarah

4 hours, am never happy with my look, but thats just me being paranoid of looking acceptable in public. Silly me, I should just enjoy the moment. After it is not illegal to dress as woman. Or go into a shop and buy anything you want. My god if i could think like that when I am out dressed, life would be a whole lot better. Dressing up is not an offence, now sorry back to the original question, I could do it in one hour if the whole world accecpted tv's.

To do makeup, clothes, jewelry and wig, 1.5-2 hours on the average.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Yup! I am right there with most of you, I never really time myself, However my wife tells me it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. I am always surprised by that while I am getting ready I am so focused on doing the best that I can, I completely lose track of time!

Dawn

Conversion time

So fussy, at least an hour and a half, two hours if the paint has to dry..lol.

Heels make me wobble but I won't fall down,
    Renee

Banned Read only
    it takes me around 45mins to 1 hr to get fully dressed. I enjoy the whole experince i must admit that my partner does my make up.

OOhhh! That time for me does not include nails!!! I know that tonite I will spend at least another 1 1/2 hrs on them!!

Dawn

I think someone asked this a while back, although I can't remember where (Old age!). From the time I finish shaving, it usually takes me about a half hour tops before I go out the door. Of course, usually my wig, clothes, jewelery, etc. are already picked out but not always. The makeup look I usually "make up" as I'm going along but I'm generally not too fussy in any case. If I realize en route that I forgot something, I just say screw it and "fake it" like any red blooded woman would (learned that trick from my wife). Anyway, this is just getting to be too a way routine any more which is why I sometimes just say forget it and go out as Rich (now that's challenging!).

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    a few minutes for me. just slap on a bra, boobs, dress, and wig just hang about the house. add about 30-45 to add make-up for going out
    Drumming, My other hobby

Dressing time

For myself if I am just going to be sitting around the House on my own;1/2-45 minutes. If I intend to go somewhere you can double it. Anywhere from 11/2 - 2 hours. That does not include my nails however.

Brenda.

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    What a question !! Any from a few minutes if I just want to pop on some fem clothes to about 2 hours to get the full fem photo look with shaving, taping and all. Then again I could spend half a day just having fun getting ready and dressed - this is probably the best part of CDing for me.

XXX

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    My girlfriend is one of the pickiest women I've known when it comes to her look. But after her shower (which can take over an hour if the hot water lasts) to the pretty kitty usually took about 45 minutes to an hour if I had to do her nails too. With out nails I could get her done in under 30 minutes. For myself...including shower to finished product 45 minutes tops.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]If I'm shaved and showered and know what I'm going to wear as little as 20 mins full make-up and out the door but the normal routine is about 45mins to 1 Hr.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]