Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I Look Gay To You ?

Do I Look Gay To You ?

This is funny, but I was doing repairs to the lighting system, at a fast food place last week. I was in out and all around the place for several hours. So the staff was pretty exposed to me. I always make it a point to say hi to everyone. Kinda a personal touch of mine. Well I was working just around the corner from where two young males were. I heard the one say "Oh he's gay alright." I knew right away they were talking about me, because they kept giving me looks every time I walked by. One time one even said in my preasance out loud "deffinantly." It must be the double peirsed ears I have. Or was it my girly walk ? LoL

Platinum Member
    teasing the boy's again????..........

Gold Member
    What can't be happy on the job ???

They only wanted a date but were too shy to ask
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I'd like to see your girly walk .... do you have that womanly hip wiggle?

I'm sure people assume I'm gay too .... except no one has actually said it to my face. I have both my ears pierced too plus I wear some quite girly clothes in boy mode. I'm absolutely convinced that people think I'm gay because I do look effeminate and I do sometimes have a few camp mannerisms. My wife told me once that when her son was in his room playing video games with some of his buddies and I pulled up into the driveway, one of her sons friends said "someone's just pulled into your drive" and her son said "oh that's just my gay step dad"!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

If it wasn't the girlie walk it was either the nail polish or the bra straps.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    ...and her son said "oh that's just my gay step dad"!
    That is too funny!
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

A close friend had company a few years ago and I was over with my friend. As we sat in the living room the guest asked me (we had never met before)... "are you gay?".
    I quickly replied...
    "Gay, I'm not even happy today!"..
    Broke up the tension and was never asked again....lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Wow, I never would have guessed in a million years. I guess if you are happy and pleasant when you are a guy working and not miserable and cursing constantly, that makes you gay. Wow, you learn something every day. I guess they never think Sal is gay because she tends to have a potty mouth sometimes, whereas as Rich I sometimes do but have never been assessed as gay as Rich.I feel left out. What's this world coming to anyway?

Not Gay !

Joy you do not look gay to me . I just think they were jealous or something? No way anybody could BE THAT HAPPY doing a job that much ! REXY
    Gale

Probably just wishful thinking on their part.

Just Joyful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know if you want to take this to the serious side at all Joy, but yes, all of us that go out trying to emulate women probably unconsiously display manerisms that some will notice and assume it's acting like a "flaming gay".

I know that I give off clues, mostly unconsiously - like the way I cross my legs, and a host of other little nuances. It comes with the territory.

One of my fears is that I will slip and say something at work and out myself. Small manerisms I can laugh off, Saying how I spent the weekend in a dress is not easy to explain unless I tell them I'm a CD.

It doesn't sound like you are upset about it at all - which is great.

I'd rather have them make fun of me becasue I'm "gay" than because I'm old!

Hugs, Lori

Maybe they were shouting it to get your attention for a date??? Thing is... did it bother you? offend you? or did you just take no notice of the silly boys?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I think public is not ready to see and to know about the differences

I think that everything that doesn't fit perfect into the public picture of "normal" could be interpreted as gay.
    Lots of people even don't know about us and least of all about our complex appearance and that's a reason why we're often assigned to gays

Anohter point is that we pay more attention to our body and our appearance 24/7 and that fits to us and to gays.

So I don't think that you look gay - I think public is still often not ready to see and to know about the differences and when they get disturbed (queer???queen???) they label it with limited knowledge by using the presets they have.

Interesting is that there are less feminine-gays like people usually think. The typical gay-role in a movie (the voice and the feminine walk) is mostly exaggerated and a much smaller part in the gay community than people think. The gay people in my circle of friends often use this role to make fun of intolerant people or just having fun on a party and putting themself into focus. This picture was the one with least fear for public, so it became the highest level and cult.
    we fear what we don’t understand

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I agree with Valery's comment that the public percieves most anything that isn't normal as gay. Ex. I keep my nails unusualy long for a guy. Most of my male friends response is "that's gay". Jocelyn

Golly, I would be annoyed if folks thought I was gay. I'm about as straight as a guy can get (sans the crossdressing, of course). It's not so much that I would be offended - I would have a similar reaction if people thought I was Canadian or a Republican. Such things deal with my identity, and it is important to me that others I care about know a few fundamental things about me, because these are key to building friendships and associations. People lie to themselves if they don't think so.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

To be honest, I gave up worrying about people thinking I'm gay, it goes with the territory. But, as my ex-wife said during a discussion, there's a difference between feminine and effeminate. "Normal" men can't tell the difference, especially young men, but women can tell you the difference. I know a couple of gay men that are effeminate to some degree, it makes them a bit obvious in public. I also know a gay man that you'd never know is gay, he's a "manly" man.
    I assume people think I'm gay because I wear girl's jeans that show my shape, such as it is, and I carry my fanny pack on my shoulder like a purse. I find myself working on my walk where ever I go, I always wear small hoop earrings, sometimes not quite so small. My hair is shoulder length and parted in the middle, what's left of the middle. I need to get used to being seen in public as myself, so I've been going just a bit out of my comfort zone when I go in public. People who know me will adjust to the changes easier if I don't throw it all at them at once.
    Having said all that, I expect people to think I'm gay, I'm ok with that because it doesn't mean anything to me.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    This is funny, but I was doing repairs to the lighting system, at a fast food place last week. I was in out and all around the place for several hours. So the staff was pretty exposed to me. I always make it a point to say hi to everyone. Kinda a personal touch of mine. Well I was working just around the corner from where two young males were. I heard the one say "Oh he's gay alright." I knew right away they were talking about me, because they kept giving me looks every time I walked by. One time one even said in my preasance out loud "deffinantly." It must be the double peirsed ears I have. Or was it my girly walk ? LoL
    Since I am gay I must make a comment;
    I would have said well yes i am- but I wouldn't be caught dead with you two close minded idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    Maybe they were shouting it to get your attention for a date??? Thing is... did it bother you? offend you? or did you just take no notice of the silly boys?
    That is what I was thinking when I read Joy's experience Tam. The whole thing just kind of made me chuckle. Even when people out and out ask me if I am gay, straight, bi or whatever, I just say:"Yes". After which they usually get a very puzzled look. I like to keep them guessing and have some fun with it. After all, what does any of that have to do with the price of coffee in Colombia? I let them think what they will and I just continue to enjoy being myself.

it definately wouldnt ave been the ear holes as my bf has both ears pieced and is a mans man. i wouldnt ave guessed in a million years he was a cd but now that i know every now and again he works very lady like and even swings his hair back when he doesnt ave the wig on....complete giveaway so maybe u could of thrown an indication of some sought without even reliasing u done it.. But to call u gay they wanted your attention big time xo

As usual a thread has been posted and gave root to valid discusion. This is the reason why I like to put threads up and respond as much as I can. You girls and guys are so special.

But to get back to the expierence. No I was not offended in the least. What someone else thinks matters little to me. I find allot of time that people maybe taking me that way not only because of the holes. But because I'm rather up beat and JOY-ful when talking to them. In this case the two were rather young and probably keyed in on my age , mid fifties and the peircings. It does add up to gay now doesen't it ? I mean what other reason would there be for a man my age to have double piersed ears ? ......... I'll never tell. LoL

and her son said "oh that's just my gay step dad"! [/QUOTE]

You know, kids these days use gay as so much slang, he may have been just being a jerk at the moment regarding a step dad he has to deal with. Food for thought.....may have nothing to do with what he feels your sexual orientation is?

I know my nail salon tech knows I am not Gay, since she knows my wife and has worked on her too. But I bet more than one customer has thought I was Gay. LOL When I walk in wearing a Lady Hanes T-shirt, Lady Hanes shorts, fem sandels with painted toes, long acrylic nails with a lite Pink polish, I'm sure more than one customer has thought I was Gay. LOL

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

do I look gay to you

Even though I am not gay I would have said yes I am but this week I am trying to quit! See what response you get then.